Most Overpriced Designer? #3

^ $1000 for a plain white tee is absolutely ridiculous, even for Balmain. I remember they did a khaki tee with a lot of holes in it, and it was 980€ in stores (a little bit over $1000). I couldn't tell from which collection it was but I know it was before Olivier Rousteing.

it's not a printed silk it is all embroidery

stylebistro.com

Thanks Chanelcouture09 for sharing, love to read those info.

1. Saint Laurent floral print T-shirt Composition Silk 100% - $1590
2. Zara Composition 100% POLYESTER - $60

7uVSLNVq.jpg

luxury_buro-instagram/zara

^ lol $60 for that ugly mess of synthetics. are they serious?

^Saint Laurent
Paneled Bodice Mini Dress in Red and Ivory Kimono Printed Polyester - $ 2,990.00
10311022_452535554899012_975618071_n.jpg

luxury_buro-instagram

^Haha! Maybe he is using polyester because real 70s vintage items are usually made of crappy polyester?:innocent: Authenticity and all that:P

lol at that crap dress being polyester on top of everything else.

How about $2,695 for this DIY project gone wrong?

1FUwmtX.jpg
BMQsTxr.jpg

modaoperandi.com

How about $2,695 for this DIY project gone wrong?

modaoperandi.com

I really like the heel portion with the buttons and that beautiful light blue color. The bedazzled toe portion though...what a shame they went overboard.

^Saint Laurent
Paneled Bodice Mini Dress in Red and Ivory Kimono Printed Polyester - $ 2,990.00

luxury_buro-instagram
for real? :shock:I would not pay 100$ for polyester, well, I detest polyester :lol:. I can't believe anyone would spend almost 3 K on a polyester dress, even if it from Saint Laurent

^Those are "vintage" from the early noughties right!?:shock: Good God.

for real? :shock:I would not pay 100$ for polyester, well, I detest polyester :lol:. I can't believe anyone would spend almost 3 K on a polyester dress, even if it from Saint Laurent

Odd since the press and figures show how much Saint Laurent sells but why would anyone spend that much money on that material? :shock:

^I suppose that if you are going to wear it once, it doesn't matter...

With polyester you can create so many interestig fabrics and textures. We're in 2015.

Also the fabric isn't pretentious like silk :unsure::wacko:

As long as polyester still cause static I am not going near it. No way. Polyester today can look and feel a lot like silk though. If they can install some kind of earthing system in the material I will reconsider it:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->