Most Overpriced Designer? #3

From the new Valentino collection. $20000 for 100% viscose lmao

View attachment 1318270
It may be a label error, because my version of the website (at 14,000 €) claims it's "Peau de mouton (100 % viscose) with Habutai lining (100% soie)".
How come something can be shearling and 100% viscose at the same time ?
Do they make artificial shearling from viscose now ?

Giving CHANEL a run for their money with this one: 3k for glass pearls, enamel, fabric and brass...and also the evergreen "Made in Italy" even if Valentino outsources all embroiderying activities in India (Chanakya) like Balmain and Dior.
If it was CHANEL it would be price upon request LOL

View attachment 1318298
The “V” looks ridiculous on that petal

In defense of the pricing of this collection, there hasn't been any price increases. It's pretty consistent with what Valentino demanded during the PPP era, which corresponds to its positioning as the ready-to-wear branch of a couture house. When those heavily embroidered gowns arrive in stores, they'll probably sell for 15-30k.

Yes, Valentino has always been very expensive…
That’s why I’m very curious to see how those very vintage inspired pieces from Michele will perform.
I think they have been quite consistent with PPP even if the sales decreased a little bit in the last year.

The average Gucci by Michele customer, the one supposed to respond to this, wasn’t paying Valentino prices.

For what is worth, Valentino has always marketed as a grown people’s brand.

The accessories are weak…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->