Prada Mens F/W 2019 Milan

YAAAASS. Let me run to my bank to get a loan and to be fabulous. Miuccia delivered. I am in love.

It's no secret that I haven't been a fan of Prada lately but this collection is great and the tailoring is exquisite. I've never wanted a satin suit this much.

I don't get the praises, this is easily one of her worst collections and it's sad because last season was pretty good.

Classic Miuccia. IDK how but I knew that she would do it this season. She said once that when she doesn't know what to do she go for the classics.

Still far from redemption, but its sober, controlled and, most important, at her level of execution. This brown coat is sooooo good, I love some Siberian high-fashion galore moment.

Another great point is the jewelry, they are so desirable and I dont remember being so amazed by the jewelry in a Prada collection.

Hair and make-up are a no for me, messy and ugly, but you cant have it all, right?

Truly a beyond embarrassing collection. I’ve never seen more ridiculous prints in my life! Beyond cheap looking.

And the STYLING! I can’t take it anymore...the same matted hair again and again and again.

Prada is dead as a doornail.

Truly a beyond embarrassing collection. I’ve never seen more ridiculous prints in my life! Beyond cheap looking.

And the STYLING! I can’t take it anymore...the same matted hair again and again and again.

Prada is dead as a doornail.

This sounds a bit hyperbolic > you really think Prada as a brand is dead because of seeing collection? I don't get a lot of the comments here, not enough of them are thoughtful.

What a sad and gloomy collection....
Don’t get me wrong, I love when Miuccia does classic, simple and chic bourgeois but this feels uninspired.
What ruins what could have been a great collection:
-Excessive styling
-Unecessary gimmick (furry shoulders on knit)
- lackluster accessories

The best propositions here are the more simple ones. I just don’t get why she added that much gimmicks on the clothes considering that they won’t be produced like that and it looks pointless as a fashion proposition.

And for once, the womenswear is more underwhelming than the menswear.

Obviously, Miuccia is looking for a hit. The shirts from the FW collection had a little success and it seems like the Linea Rossa had a momentum with a new generation. Unfortunately, it’s never a good sign when you’re considered as one of the main voice of the industry and you are chasing a success in such a obvious way.

This sounds a bit hyperbolic > you really think Prada as a brand is dead because of seeing collection? I don't get a lot of the comments here, not enough of them are thoughtful.
Not thoughtful? What isn't thoughtful is this collection!

Prada used to be a collection where so much was said in the most sophisticated, refined and intelligent way...Miuccia always tackled interesting concepts - questioning classic codes of dressing, of textiles and materials, of female (and male) behavior. Now this? A collection inspired by Frankenstein? With cartoon Frankenstein prints? And roses with screws attached? And cheesy lightning bolts?

Are we sure this isn't a Jeremy Scott x Moschino collection?

It was so promising at the start and then all heck broke loose..

The first thing that came up in my mind was Formichetti's collection for Diesel eons ago, which is not a good sign.

Also, why can't Prada produce a mature collection anymore? Why the need to chase cartoon gimmicks all the time? I believe they really want to recreate the SS11 collection, but this just looks childish and unpollished.

The only positive I get from this is that sneakers are finally gone. Also, this is the first time Gigi looks appealing for me.

EDIT: I'd wear most of the satin tailoring in a heart beat, though!

The womenswear was an unnecessary component here. The three black dresses at the beginning as well as the dress with all the pockets were good. The show didn’t need them, but they were nice. The menswear was chic and polished. The tailoring on the silk pieces was out of this world! They looked so soft and comfortable. The two shirts with the crystal embellishment had me drooling. I want them both! The prints were horrid. The Frankenstein print was grotesque and offensive to my eyes and my soul. I loved the army green Linea Rosa pieces. I was pleased not to see any logos and the sneakers here are actually well designed and thought out. Overall it was a fantastic Menswear show, much better then last fall.

Here is the show with the original soundtrack which includes the Addams Family!

"Meanwhile, in Zara and H&M headquarters..."
frankenstein001.jpg

font: RoxxBKK – Rock clothes & other cool stuff…

Miuccia at her best!
She really is in her own league from all the other designers today

Aside from a few of the men's looks and a couple of the women's, I didn't like the collection overall.

Lose the unnecessary printed looks, furs on knits, and the two or three-belt styling and this collection might have won me over. Every season now it just seems to me that Prada's main objective is to come up with the most ridiculous styling and embellishments. They keep ruining what could've been a great collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->