Prada S/S 2010 : Rasa Zukauskaite by Steven Meisel

Prada has continued its downward spiral in my opinion. These ads look like an editorial in a teen magazine, not exactly the demographic that has the pounds to buy Prada. Secondly, why waste so much money on a photographer like Meisel if this what you get or tell him to do. And all I will say about the model casting is: Not Sasha...:innocent:

Sure, let Sasha do Prada until she dies/Prada declares insolvency.

The only images in this series that work for me are the last one in #186 and the close-up where Rasa is looking over the frame of the glasses. The girl herself, feels like such an afterthought in this campaign, that it literally could be anyone doing this add.

Alas, the new images are definitely better than before, but I'm just not convinced that Rasa has enough star-potential to carry these ads (or that she didn't just luck out because another girl got sent home and she did looks in Milan).

Agreed agreed agreed. Especially when I look at the roster of current Meisel favorites or other new girls he's discovering, Rasa just does not fit the description at all. I don't think she posesses any power in any of these images. I really do not see what is so special about her. Especially seeing her in the Prada mens show last week confirmed that I think she is pedestrian and boring. She carries that through in this campaign pretty well :(

I LOVE THIS CAMPAIGN - especialy the one with the crystal dress - i have to own that piece, even though i'm sure it's not the easiest dress to sit in

I like the clothes and handbags, but like many people, it's a bit boring.

160grams.com

images from the s/s 2010 postcard campaign for sunglasses

i like the sunglasses video shot by meisel even though its a bit lolitaish. :unsure:
i like that they didnt cover up her moles too much.

Attachments

• pradasunglasses1.jpg
    pradasunglasses1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 29
  • pradasunglasses2.jpg
    pradasunglasses2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 9
  • pradasunglasses3.jpg
    pradasunglasses3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 5
  • pradasunglasses4.jpg
    pradasunglasses4.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 7
  • pradasunglasses5.jpg
    pradasunglasses5.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
  • pradasunglasses6.jpg
    pradasunglasses6.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 24
This is one of my favorite campaign this season. Lovely & simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->