Prada S/S 2010 : Rasa Zukauskaite by Steven Meisel

It just wouldn't be a complete fashion season if someone didn't say this about something. :innocent:

Is it really so impossible to believe that people aren't being blinded by a name and actually find beauty/appeal in what they're seeing, and that you simply don't see what they do?

i agree i dont think this does anythin for me
the shots look half-***ed

i love this ad, it's simple yet striking. the red lips and the
hair works so well on Rasa. and whatta great way to start
her career, by landing this campaign, what more can a model
ask for :lol:

i actually didn't like her at first especially when i saw her
polas cause i thought she looked too bland but these shots
changed my mind. Miuccia made an excellent choice for me.

^ Agree. I love the mystery the half-face ad sort of had. It focused on selling the product more than the model.

I actually LIKE the ad campaign.
The cropped face indirectly welcomes ANY woman to Prada whereas the ads with faces directs Prada to girls (in my opinion).

I love the campaign, just not the model although she isn't that bad

#144 This is so much better than the real campaing!!!
But I prefer the original make-up and hair style.

Beautiful Helmut Newton, Prada should hire you as artistic director.

I really like this ad.

That said, I think with this campaign Prada is changing it's identity, which isn't a bad thing. This advertisement is very simple. If you look pass the product, and focus on the model you'll see that the Prada woman has changed. She's no longer weird or cold. The Prada woman shown here is young, approachable, and down right cute. I couldn't imagine a Prada woman of only a few seasons ago being described any of those things. I can't imagine Sasha P running around a studio with pigtails and Lolita lips. Like some of you have said this advertisement looks like its geared towards girls, and I agree. That's probably not the best market to aim towards during a recession (and also it's not a wise choice if you are in as much debt as Prada) Although I didn't mind the past Prada woman, this change certainly is refreshing.

^well with fresh rumors circulating that the prada family may look to sell a part of their business, they need to focus on clear revenue drivers like accessories and fragrance. and, in a recession, those who still have jobs ALWAYS are willing to spend on their kids what they would not on themselves. i think burberry and prada have both focused on this market as an area of opportunity in their advertising. i know lots of prada bags found themselves under christmas trees this past christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->