S/S 2013 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

I completely agree with hexagon sun's views on Stella McCartney and Tilda. :smile:

The cooperation of Stella and Natalia is getting a bit old. I hope some youthful models will be booked for the campaign, like Julia Frauche would be perfect :heart:

As for Tilda, I can understand why people keep saying that she's so bland. However I think she takes good photos (if you've seen her print works) and I'm so relieved that she's not just a top walker this season. After years of modeling, I think she's a pretty good model. And yes, her soft feature is quite lovely in the sea of "unique-looking" models. She deserves these ads, period.

Anyway, I wonder who will be in CK ad this season, since Lara's pregnant, I hope they can use someone else. I love Lara for CK, but just like MCB for Givenchy, I'm getting tired of seeing then again and again. Some changes will do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
CK was shot during the last week of October, so I think it's probable that Lara will be in the ads for this season since she wasn't showing much 2 months ago.

I can't see anyone else getting CK...

Why does Meisel shoot random Anna Sui diffusion lines with the most random models but never the mainline? I thought they were friends and that he also picks models for the show?

Why does Meisel shoot random Anna Sui diffusion lines with the most random models but never the mainline? I thought they were friends and that he also picks models for the show?

They are definitely not random choices at all, they're all girls Meisel has chosen before for other matters... and the fact they've been long time friends doesn't mean he necessarily needs to find more appealing the mainline ads, beauty and fragrance ads get a lot more exposure than the mainline ones if we're talking about Anna Sui.

I don't get the Anna Sui brand anyway, but you are right about more exposure for the fragrance ads.

All I could figure out is that there are two white girls and a black girl, one of them looks like Jac to me

I double-checked the first pic and found out I missed one girl thats in the dark of far right , she has prominent cheekbone that reminds me of Liu wens but she's super tall so I guess it's karlie

The third model looks like grace jones so i would assume its Ajak Deng or Ataui Deng?

this tilda girl is so bland...i still don't get her success and appeal....I mean what is the importance of a random model getting all these blue chip campaigns when she's gonna be fading out the next season:/... I would like established models getting these campaigns and maybe 1 or 2 newcomers being part of them. personally, I'm tired of this sea of new faces each season and totally boring at how fast they fade in the next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->