S/S 2015 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

Totally agree with anlabe32. It's all about fashion campaigns, not about beauty contracts or fragances. We can add them in brackets, but I only recognize a queen of the season by the amount of bluechip fashion campaigns she got.

And I also agree with her that many people would add their local market campaign if their favourite model was in it.

So you're basing it on models.com, a website who won't update certain information because they don't like a model or simply they just forget and won't do it at all and get paid by agencies for putting models on the lists etc?

We could do a better and more thorough job than them. I'm not saying that it's not a big deal. These longterm contracts are not a fair comparison because models are assured of the job no matter what. How can we measure how well a model did if they already have one, two or four (in Anja's or Edita's case) campaigns. And like I said, these products can be bought in stores throughout the whole year.

Getting a clothing campaign is seasonal and can give us a much better perspective of how a model performed a certain season, since it's not a given they will actually get these campaigns.

Clearly some people just want to add more campaigns to their favourite models.

You act as if landing these beauty & fragrance campaigns/contracts are easy. If a model lands a multimillion dollar contract, then you better believe that it counts for something. To discredit that is silly to me. Karlie will have VS continue to have VS on her resume, Joan will continue to have EL on her resume, & Natasha will continue to have L'Oreal on her resume. You can ignore that fact if you want. It doesn't stop their checks from coming in.

Add? They are actually landing the campaigns, and that's is the point, some want to add more campaigns to their favorite models, but the sad true is that some of them have more campaigns than the other, and that's it. A campaign always will be a campaign. Period.

I agree, & that doesn't mean that quantity will always trump quality. I'll admit that even though Joan has 4 campaigns (MJ, Balmain, Prabal & EL), I still think Julia Nobis beat her this season with just 3 (Dior, Prada, Loewe). So no, it's not about giving extra credit to your favorite model. It's about giving credit where credit is due, which certain members tend to not give towards models they HATE. :innocent:

Natasha is the clear winner this season imo. Even if we took away her Jimmy Choo Fragrance & L'Oreal contract (which we shouldn't), she would still have Pucci, Isabel Marant & Marc Jacobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're basing it on models.com, a website who won't update certain information because they don't like a model or simply they just forget and won't do it at all and get paid by agencies for putting models on the lists etc?

We could do a better and more thorough job than them. I'm not saying that it's not a big deal. These longterm contracts are not a fair comparison because models are assured of the job no matter what. How can we measure how well a model did if they already have one, two or four (in Anja's or Edita's case) campaigns. And like I said, these products can be bought in stores throughout the whole year.

Getting a clothing campaign is seasonal and can give us a much better perspective of how a model performed a certain season, since it's not a given they will actually get these campaigns.

Clearly some people just want to add more campaigns to their favourite models.

Yes, yes, yes to this! And if that's the case, surely Anna Ewers is the campaign queen this season??

You act as if landing these beauty & fragrance campaigns/contracts are easy. If a model lands a multimillion dollar contract, then you better believe that it counts for something. To discredit that is silly to me. Karlie will have VS continue to have VS on her resume, Joan will continue to have EL on her resume, & Natasha will continue to have L'Oreal on her resume. You can ignore that fact if you want. It doesn't stop their checks from coming in.

Did you even read what I or others said? We want to make a tally of the fashion campaigns of this season. If you want to make a separate one with beauty contracts, go ahead.

I never said that landings those contracts was easy. I just said that once you have these contracts, getting campaigns is easy.

Anyway:
Binx Walton - Hugo Hugo Boss, Coach, Alexander Wang, Tom Ford

Which campaigns are still outstanding? Where is CK women?

So Vanessa Axente is in the Massimo Dutti campaign. Does this mean she won't be in the CK campaign, cause normally they won't allow their models to have other campaigns.
I hope so.

Joséphine Le Tutour - Giorgio Armani, Mugler, Maison Ullens, Tiffany, Carolina Herrera

Forced with a gun against my head, I'd exclude Maison Ullens.

So Vanessa Axente is in the Massimo Dutti campaign. Does this mean she won't be in the CK campaign, cause normally they won't allow their models to have other campaigns.
I hope so.

Yeah, but she had Hugo and Calvin FW13. Vanessa and Edie are looking rough for the season so far.

Yeah, but she had Hugo and Calvin FW13. Vanessa and Edie are looking rough for the season so far.

Yeah but that Hugo Boss campaign was shot before the deal with Calvin was made.

Yeah but that Hugo Boss campaign was shot before the deal with Calvin was made.

From my understanding her deal was after her first campaign with them. CK gives normally a contract for 1 year (not counting her first campaign with them).
They renew it for another year like Lara or end it like Jac. They don't allow their models to work with other brands. That doesn't mean she won't be in any ck campaign just that she is not exclusive with them anymore. :D

I hope she won't be in CK. I like Vanessa and even though her first two campaigns with CK were fantastic but I want to see someone else, like Julia Bergshoeff. ^_^

Are we going to see campaigns from these brands?

Nina Ricci
JPG
Elie Saab
DVF
Mulberry
Tommy Hilfiger
Jill Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member