S/S 2013 Campaign Wishlist & Model Casting Discussion, Guesses and Reactions

^You've got a point with Ajak. I don't think those legs can belong to anyone else.

^That's the reason why there are no real stars anymore these days.
Only a few models have established themselfs over the last two years and I can see them lasting for another few years, but it won't ever be like the days of Linda, Christy, Amber, Angela, Gisele, Daria W, Natalia or Raquel.
Models are being replaced one after another and some very influential industry people contribute a lot to this. I think everyone can name at least three.

There are girls who are more consistent and more memorable, but maybe it's easier and cheaper for the industry to have replaceable girls than making new models becoming supermodels.

Although I love the Gucci campaign, I wish Nadja or Lin Kjerulf were in it also :( I love Karmen but I am getting tired of seeing her in Gucci ads again and again. Yawn.

Wow what a surprise to see Maria ! I'm glad she's part of the cast, she's so beautiful but very underrated. I love how Jean Paul is always so loyal to his favourite girls.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen and Caterina R. got Balenciaga. I can't post it, but the image is on Caroline's Instagram.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm so sad not to see some of the Chinese models like Liu Wen, Sui He, Xiao Wen Ju & Ming Xi getting any campaigns yet :( Fei Fei for sure will score at least a big campaign this season! I just have the feeling!

I think Liu Wen's gonna repeat CK cause its said she has contracts with Calvin Klein , and Sui He got Shideido contracts which's kind of major as well, and speaking of Xiao Wen Ju, it seems the industry's still interested in her so I suppose she would get something this season, but for Ming Xi and Shu Pei it's probably over as the industry can just tolerate that much of Asian faces at the moment

That is incredibly sad. Doesn't seem to have a problem tolerating white faces.

And don't forget that there are two Asian girls in LV , a first Asian ever in Prada Ad that certainly a new record
BTW, Liu Wen has Hugo Boss in her pocket this season, I know it's no match for Gucci or Chanel but definitely better than H&M, isn't it? But tbh Liu needs something much bigger than this moderate achievement

^The only one I see is from FW 2010.

Sorry, it was an old ad! I just glanced at it on my phone, saw Balenciaga, and came running here! Didn't even ID the other girl correctly. :lol: Speaking of Balenciaga, though, I am rooting for Marine Deleeuw and a slew of other newbies, plus Balenciaga favorite Juliane Gruner.

I think Liu Wen's gonna repeat CK cause its said she has contracts with Calvin Klein , and Sui He got Shideido contracts which's kind of major as well, and speaking of Xiao Wen Ju, it seems the industry's still interested in her so I suppose she would get something this season, but for Ming Xi and Shu Pei it's probably over as the industry can just tolerate that much of Asian faces at the moment

Although the idea of Liu Wen repeating the CK has worn me out, well at least it's better than nothing i guess? I'm glad Sui He snatched the beauty contract but i do really wish she can snatch a big fashion line campaign! Again same case like Liu Wen with CK, i might be tired if i ever see Sui He repeating Karl Lagerfeld again but better than nothing! :lol: I hope Xiao Wen can repeat Kenzo! She produced such stunning images for the brand :blush: Shu Pei actually has scored Michael Kors if my memory serves me right, so that's good! Now it's left with Ming Xi :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^ actually, Ming Xi shot Lane Crawford with Nick Knight :smile: ..and hoping for Liu Wen to get CK Collection maybe if they didn't shoot Lara pregnant :unsure:

also really looking forward to the Balenciaga campaign! i'd really like to see Chiharu Okunugi and Stina Rapp there since they weren't cast for campaigns like Prada, Miu Miu or Valentino..

Why are we sure Fei Fei will get a big campaign? Just because she's got a VI cover doesn't translate immediately to campaigns. I'm most worried for Fei Fei and Xiao Wen right now. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->