Slimane and Galliano

Acid said:
i dont think ANY man would buy Dior Homme if it was Galliano crazy man style.....
:wink:

i actually think slimaine and galliano are somehow 'competing' for the dior crown, and i think hedi has it really , hes so much better than galliano -just in my book that is- i could wear slimaine any time, i couldnt wear galliano.. sorry :ninja:

Lena said:
:wink:

i actually think slimaine and galliano are somehow 'competing' for the dior crown, and i think hedi has it really , hes so much better than galliano -just in my book that is- i could wear slimaine any time, i couldnt wear galliano.. sorry :ninja:
that is saying a great deal considering your gender

as much as I love Galliano for his theatrics, craft, and creativity I MUST agree. I think Hedi has done with menswear what Christian Dior orginally did with womwnswear and simply put...his clothes are good. If I were a girl I could never wear Galliano's clothes. Heck as as man I can't wear Galliano's clothes. Le Sigh.

To stir things up a bit more...what if I throw Christian Dior himself into the mix?

How does anyone feel Dior/Galliano/Slimane relate?

Personally, Galliano wins in my book. Yes, a lot of his stuff is over the top and sometimes terribly unwearable but I think that he's the one with the talent. He's the one that brought Dior back to the attention of the fashion flock. I find his stuff much more imaginative and creative then Hedi's, and I think that his design skills far exceed that of his menswear counterpart....just my opinion of course.

PrinceOfCats said:
To stir things up a bit more...what if I throw Christian Dior himself into the mix?

How does anyone feel Dior/Galliano/Slimane relate?
I don't think it really matters, IMO. Christian Dior TODAY is more of a COMPANY, than house. That is why all these different identities work. However, we must take into fact Galliano did not blow-up and deconstruct things on first arrival... he did it slowly to make it accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
i will agree that the dior/galliano/hedi relationship sadly doesn't seem to matter at all, Dior is a company run by a board of directors, its not a creative 'house'

but to answer prince, i dont see any connection with the three..
somehow, i find Hedi a bit closer to the Dior spirit, he's 'modern', artistic and innovative like Dior was.
to be honest, i never liked Galliano @ Dior, i think he's style was much better for the house of Givenchy -which is where all stardom started for him..

i think ultimately they don't want to mess around with what slimane is doing because he's completely ressurrected dior's line for men so they get so much more money than before - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

have you seen some of the men's stuff from the 80s? i sometimes see scenesters wearing it for the irony, it looks like fake sergio tacchini tracksuits.

vintage dior homme (and ysl homme) is totally hot in paris :wink:

Lena said:
vintage dior homme (and ysl homme) is totally hot in paris :wink:
And I love it. Vintage YSL and Dior jackets look stunning on guys, with the right styling they look even better than Hedi's work :smile:.

PrinceOfCats said:
Wasn't Dior Monsieur the main men's line before Slimane?
yes :flower:
i have quite a few christian dior monsieur pieces :innocent: :lol:

brian said:
yes :flower:
i have quite a few christian dior monsieur pieces :innocent: :lol:
Me too!

I have a Dior Monsieur suit. It's black with scarlet and silver pinstripes...

Alura said:
And I love it. Vintage YSL and Dior jackets look stunning on guys, with the right styling they look even better than Hedi's work :smile:.
not only on guys Alura...

*back on topic impecable tastefull people
hedi and galliano discussed here
nothing stops us from making a fresh Dior vintage topic :wink:

I just found a pair of vintage Christian Dior Pants for 4 bucks!!! Impeccable condition! Back on topic, the buyer's really aren't responding in Toronto to Hedi Slimane for some reason, Holt Renfrew pulled the Dior Homme line a little while ago, but Galliano is still being offered. I personally like Slimane better his stuff always looks better made, Galliano stuff I find sometimes looks cheap, and photographs that way too.

I don't think it's so much that it is cheap but that it is WAAAAAAAAY overpriced so you see it and it's like "WTF?"

i don't think the two great minds collaborate (and of course when having this conversation we should say the three great minds since i think victoire at dior joillaire is as different from the two as they are from each other), but i think this lack of collaboration really makes this house soar. while i do think that the two ready to wear collections were slightly lack luster this season, i'm continually intrigued by those who can find pieces from any or all of these collections and incorporate them in unique ways (a razor sharp dior homme suit with dior spectator pumps and dtrick bag and a loud brooch from the jewelry line)....

I think galliano is done..
he might continue to work only dior hautes couture...

for me galliono is bad talented,boring and overfantasmagorically ,delirium skilled...
I don't appreciate a iota of what he is doing for last 5 years...
it is autotelic artisticism..very USSSR ..same hint...before Perestroyka...
when I see Galliano itself I figure what should be the picture of so called in estern block "WC pede"..for my big regret he transmited this attitude under his creative acts....

Hedi is very far from Galliono.
creative,multitalented...
and please,let us examinated this
can you imagine what sh*t space should be if Galliano have to design a scene,a boutique ,etc...
I picture one gothic toilet with many pede inside-mustaches and thin barbes,styled as very galliono's one

galliano homme is realy disgusting ,don't you think?
and his HC
Who need this parasitic eclectic overabundance..
epoches...history...and nothing!the real profesor of nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->