The General Male Model Discussion Thread

So many new boys on the SS16 runways that look all the same (to me) :huh:

I just stopped watching Calvin Klein show in 8 minute and Benjamin Benedek opened vivienne westwood .How did he do that?
Versace had 11 exclusive ( not count 2 former super male model).Exclusive contract are losing meaning.Calvin Klein exclusive have like more 10 model.I bet prada,Givenchy and LV will have more 10 exclusive.:wacko:

Yeah i'm starting to think it's to save money. Exclusives usually get paid lots of money, however, i think they're conning the agencies into using them for FREE and promising them "press" of being "exclusive".

But when you have TEN exclusives, it's hardly exclusive. And also, they're male models, so it's like people really care after you've had 50 exclusive in a single season.

Yeh I sort of stop tracking down new male models now It's not one day you're in, the next day you're out. It's one minute you're in, next you're gone forever. Pointless industry it is, absolutely zero longevity.

It does't really matter if you open or close many shows in male modeling industry when celebrities are taking campaigns and covers It is really hard for any one to get a sustainable career That's why social media means so much now Lucky Blue Smith looked so out of place for shows like Moschino and Versace yet he still got casted And with young public prefers beauty more approachable The best fashion boys will never be recongised

Calvin Klein ,Gucci and are pushing their exclusive this season.Dolce & Gabbana had 4,5 exclusive.And Look like Fendi does exclusive, too.
Exclusive in every major show.:alien:
I guess Armani and Missoni etc will do it next season.Prada and Gucci should be blame for exclusive trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I sort of stop tracking down new male models now It's not one day you're in, the next day you're out. It's one minute you're in, next you're gone forever. Pointless industry it is, absolutely zero longevity.

Same.

I noticed this season we even have lookalike replacements for guys who debuted just last year!

Sad how ultra disposable models are nowadays.

Same.

I noticed this season we even have lookalike replacements for guys who debuted just last year!

Sad how ultra disposable models are nowadays.
Best comment. So true :lol::lol::lol:

I hope Piero and Serge stay longer. Also loving that Janis and Baptiste are still doing well even without Gucci.

Did anyone else gasp when Clark Bockelman didn't show up in Calvin Klein?

Robbie Wadge is having a great season so far. Where is Mihai? He wad last season's winner right?

I know what you guys mean. :lol: It's really hard to keep track especially with the amount of newbies showing up like crazy. Rooting for Sven de Vries to have longevity though, I really like his look and he's been doing well this season.

I hope Piero and Serge stay longer. Also loving that Janis and Baptiste are still doing well even without Gucci.

Did anyone else gasp when Clark Bockelman didn't show up in Calvin Klein?

Robbie Wadge is having a great season so far. Where is Mihai? He wad last season's winner right?

He did a few shows in London, but that's it so far..

i don't like this current thing "one season you're in, then you're out" at all

add to that the fact that all the newbies are mostly SO forgettable...

I think top newcomer will be :
Dimytri Lebedyev
Jack mather
Sol Goss
Hugo Villanova
Julian Schneyder
Michael Lockley
jegor venned
Sang Woo Kim

Can you guys imagine what kind of backfire Rick Owens' gonna get after these madness?

Yes male models are so much more disposable and forgettable. It's such a shame because you really root for a newbie model and then realize that they probably won't be coming back. Longevity as a male model is just so much harder.:unsure:

I feel like - let's cast more celeb-Insta girls/boys to get more attention is just this new trend.

And lots of new striking faces just get overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->