Model Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Vittoria is probably a bit bitter that rival Chanel girlie Lily-Rose was landing the campaigns. I do think it's unprofessional to be making these passive-aggressive social media posts about it, though, positioning yourself as a victim. And this goes for all the other models chiming in, too. I'm not saying modeling isn't without challenges, but if you're at the level of success these models are at, you get paid well to travel the world, be idolized for your beauty, and wear clothing. They can all cry me a river.

and she said what she said respectfully without calling anyone a 'laughable brat' or accusing them of 'starving'.
Totally, I agree, when I have criticism towards colleagues, I also start like 'respectfully, you have no FUCKING idea'. They always react so well because they know I'm just being respectful and looking after them so they're not eternally living in false delusion, I want them to come to this side and hear from the one person who's practically the world ambassador of hard work and humility (AKA. ME) and you know, appreciate all they have!.... but knowing well they should never for a second compare themselves to me, it's not cool, I haven taken cold subway seats after long hours at work, I know hardship.

Totally, I agree, when I have criticism towards colleagues, I also start like 'respectfully, you have no FUCKING idea'. They always react so well because they know I'm just being respectful and looking after them so they're not eternally living in false delusion, I want them to come to this side and hear from the one person who's practically the world ambassador of hard work and humility (AKA. ME) and you know, appreciate all they have!.... but knowing well they should never for a second compare themselves to me, it's not cool, I haven taken cold subway seats after long hours at work, I know hardship.
I'm glad you agree!

Modeling is not rocket science. Vittoria should chill because she sounds just as ridiculous.

true it's not, but doesn't that make it even more ridiculous that the nepo girlies can't even manage that bare minimum? (to us: posing for editorial photographs and walking a runway)

I see no advantage in micro-examining the "privilege" of everyone who commented in this, it's a legit eyeroll when someone starts off claiming that Lily-Rose is "privileged" because she inherited her mother's face (do you even know how genetics work, child), that Vittoria is "privileged" because her parents had jobs or someone else is "privileged" because they had two parents in the first place instead of one or zero - arguments I have seen actually being made in other places btw, I wish I was making this up but sadly no. She's speaking in the specific context of her profession, yes the ability to get into it in the first place depends on physical attributes (height) or looks but that's the nature of the job, the very word "model" implies an ideal in the first place. Not being able to do that bare minimum while pretending your nepo advantages don't exist.... I'm not terribly surprised that people in that profession who are considered good at the job, might have something to say.

I think the correct labels for these groups are professional fashion models vs social media influencers/stars.

true - and the latter really don't belong in print magazines or campaigns, but they're the new celebrity type (we all saw what happened when Anna began indiscriminately chasing actresses to put in Vogue).

I don't honestly care about nepo models or nepo babies as long as they are good at what they do. Which most nepo models simply..... aren't. You get all those connections and opportunities, the least you can do is the actual work, which quite a few nepos seem to think is beneath them.

This really makes me feel bad for Anya. Imagine someone Photoshopping a celebrity's head on your body to use as promotional material.

True, but maybe she was aware of it in advance, and even got payed for it. It could end as a lawsuit if she wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->