The Row F/W 10.11 New York

Nothing impressive.

Would people care if it wasn't the Olsen Twins who were behind this? no......

apparently yes because it was never marketed as Mary Kate and Ashley's line. Its a growing brand as well even with the economy not doing well.

Ooooh, go MK & Ash! This is really well presented....very sharp and sophisticated, i would have loved if the models were wearing high heel boots or shoes though. Overall....the girls did good!!!

apparently yes because it was never marketed as Mary Kate and Ashley's line. Its a growing brand as well even with the economy not doing well.

buyers and fans know that it's the Olsen twins.
It's not an unknown designer doing basics. Not random designer would have that amoutn of hype selling basics.

retailqueen they say their demographic is 30 something women and i highly doubt mk and ash are the major draw for the line.After a while hype can only take you so far and then your products have to speak for themselves.

Ultimately, they are making money and flourishing as money. As for the stigma that people still have about it being made by MK and Ash, they are working hard to prove themselves just like any other new designers.

In a few years we'll see if they have staying power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing impressive.

Would people care if it wasn't the Olsen Twins who were behind this? no......

If anything I think their celebrity could hurt them more than help them in serious fashion circles. Just look at Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro:ninja:.
I imagine it would be hard to be taken seriously.
For a teen line at Wal-mart it would be beneficial to have their faces behind the brand, but to be successful as a high fashion label they would need to have to be on par with all the other emerging designers.
However, it obviously doesn't hurt to have the funds they have, and their fame probably means more-than-usual publicity with non-fashion people (hence the secrecy around the show) but to be successful they're going to have to deliver good quality design.

As for the collection, it's a little plain but I like the aesthetic, even if it's been done before it makes me interested in how they'll change it up for next season. I'm not a fan of the purple snakeskin pieces, they seem out of nowhere.

A little something about the shoes...

The most curious feature was the fact all 19 models wore identical, thonged, flat, leather sandals. It was snowing outside and this was, after all, a winter collection! Where were the shoes, the boots?
“Let’s just say delivery problems,” a laughing Ashley Olsen confessed
backstage.

- TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

If you're paying the prices The Row charges for its pieces then you are going to have some basic conception of the designer. Especially a name that is relatively new, for one to invest in it, you would be aware. Age has nothing to do with it; the girls aren't just known by teens or young girls since their profile the last few years has made them known on a completely different level

Their name definitely helps/is an incentive as I know a lot of people even who claim to love the stuff from the collections wouldn't give it such established thought were there name not attached to it. I think it would be naïve to say this was not the case, even to a slight degree…

Not just that, but I'm in my 30s and I and most of my friends grew up watching the Olsen twins on TV and seeing their products in Wal-Mart. I think it's exactly the target group of people that would know who they are. Now, I don't know how that would translate to the fashion world, but it's not like they're unknown even among the older crowd.

this is actually really nice.. doesn't seem to be about basics anymore. there's more thought in the design, and great that they didn't push it too far. they knew how much to add and left it at that. well done !

retailqueen they say their demographic is 30 something women and i highly doubt mk and ash are the major draw for the line.After a while hype can only take you so far and then your products have to speak for themselves.

Ultimately, they are making money and flourishing as money. As for the stigma that people still have about it being made by MK and Ash, they are working hard to prove themselves just like any other new designers.

In a few years we'll see if they have staying power.

that's still besides the point.
women in their 30's know who the olsen twins are
major buyers know who the olsen twins are
magazine editors know who the olsen twins are.

Joe average fashion graduate would not have these oppurtunities if he dsesigned something like this.

I really like how wearable this all is...yet quite sophisticated when you consider the shape of the coats. And I like the limited use of texture. It's very quietly beautiful, as Miss D stated.

i'm rather dissapointed... i think it's still too soon to do a complete fashion show... a simple presentation would have been more accurate and consecutive.

I like many of the details on the show. I don't see someone wearing sandaals in winter but the sandals have a great style and cold feet are a very iconic symbol of the iconic olsens style (dont you remember mk wearing flipflop walking through the show in NYC???)... maybe it was just a reference to themselves.

I like it a lot actually. You see a lot of them in the collection.

that's still besides the point.
women in their 30's know who the olsen twins are
major buyers know who the olsen twins are
magazine editors know who the olsen twins are.

Joe average fashion graduate would not have these oppurtunities if he dsesigned something like this.

clearly were not going to agree so lets leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"