UK Vogue May 2019 : Kate Moss by Jamie Hawkesworth, Mikael Jansson & Inez & Vinoodh

Well, I've been out and about over the past few weeks, but I still haven't seen the Hawkesworth cover on any newsstand.

And having since read the actual contents, I feel the two other covers let the issue down, because they do lack spirit, yet the showcase of Kate inside is definitely an attempt to go further than most of the late-Shulman-era cover stories that we saw. Yes, I found the non-Kate fashion editorials entirely forgettable, but that was balanced by other pieces such as an article by Donyale Luna's daughter.

In short, having long since given up on Edward's Vogue as something to read, I did enjoy this issue, more than I have done.

Well, I've been out and about over the past few weeks, but I still haven't seen the Hawkesworth cover on any newsstand.

Me neither, had to resort to ordering via the Conde Nast Worldwide News store a few days ago, just so I could have all three.

I must’ve checked around 20+ stores around here for the Hawkesworth cover but to no avail (even I&V’s cover for that matter). As much as Jansson’s is my fav, I have HATED seeing it on e.v.e.r.y shelf over recent weeks. It’s a shame too because I remember the four covers from December by Steven Meisel being readily available everywhere I went.

I received the Jamie cover as a subscriber! Funny really as I normally get the short end of the stick when it comes to multi-covers (like in December when I got the flipping Primrose cover when I was desperate for Saffron's). I wonder if that cover was reserved for subscribers? Idk

You're lucky! As a subscriber, I got the I&V one.

When it was put through the door, it hit the floor in such a way that it broke the spine of the magazine, so in the end, I had to humanely dispose of it in the recycling bin.

Have you checked Mag culture? They use to have all the covers. When I bought the december issue and asked specifically for Saffron’s cover and I got it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->