UK Vogue September 2012 : Karlie Kloss by Nick Knight

It was shot by Nick Knight
Thanks for the info. Just a few days ago I was looking at Nick's covers for Vogue UK and was wondering why his last one was February 2010. The styling is kind of bad but hopefully the content and the amount of pages will make up for it.

this is just baaad OMG! The styling is hiddeous and Karlie is OK and I'm all for having a top model on the cover but September? I mean?? It's the biggest issue ever and British Vogue didn't have any other major star to cover for them or any supermodel? Don't get me wrong, Karlie is amazing, I love her, she is a great high fashion runway model, great editorial girl, good spirit and ready for anything but I don't feel her appeal as a supermodel nor a September cover girl.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Let's not act like Karlie is some girl off the street. Clearly they are marketing her as the next big model. So, of course the cover makes sense.

I actually really like it. I don't think the colors really make sense for a Fall cover, but I think Karlie looks great and I love the styling. Congratulations to Karlie :smile: She really deserves all the work she's getting lately.

I don't mind seeing Karlie, but honestly this is bad! The styling is off and this genuinely looks like a supplement cover, they've attempted something quite risky with the styling yet her hair and make-up is very glamorous, it's quite the mishmash, I'm just praying this doesn't land on my doormat because it is horrific, after such a string of fantastic covers the past few months and September being the big fashion special they do THIS ? no thank you.

My problem isn't with the actual cover shot. It's the text and fonts that drive me insane.

What a nice surprise this was shot by Nick Knight!

I do actually love what she's wearing :lol: Glad for her, she looks stunning.

It doesn't look like right september cover as well as the UK Elle's one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always happy to see a model over a celebrity cover - especially on a September issue - but I just don't get Karlie. She is a pretty girl who seems to look vacant in every photo I see her in. I know I'm in the minority who share that thought :P The cover is good in that I think it will still look pretty cool in a few years but it's no way near as good as Kate Moss's.

So is it confirmed that this is the actual cover and not just some sort of preview?

This cover is so boring. Vogue UK used to produce such iconic, stunning covers. These days, it's a snooze-fest. I really think we need fresh blood in a number of high placed roles in the Vogue UK offices, including the editor's chair. Glad a model got September, but that is about all.

I don't mind the cover she looks stunning. I cant believe it's September issue time already...how time flies

This is the September cover?
Hmmmm, the really annoying thing is that I love Karlie, I love Nick and I was so excited for Karlie to get the prestigious September cover. And we get this. It lacks hardly any creative imagination or power of me and she looks pretty, but thats about it. I think they are trying too hard to make her look like a modern day Cindy Crawford, which is okay to an extent, but when they start making the covers look like those plain covers from the 90s in which all it was, was a supermodel smiling on a blank white screen, like this particular cover, then that is just a shame. To be honest i could have almost mistaken this image as a boring vogue nippon cover (however not like her amazing current cover on it now). I am just praying the content is much much bigger and better then this.

Reminds me of Gisele's December cover last yr.

Looks like everyone is having their "biggest issues ever" moments this yr. Hooray!

The styling and the colours are just atrocious. Karlie looks great, though.

but I just don't get Karlie. She is a pretty girl who seems to look vacant in every photo I see her in. I know I'm in the minority who share that thought.

i'm right there with you. she has like 5 default facial expressions that she uses in every.single.editorial. plus you can always tell how hard she is working for the shot, if that makes any sense. nothing about her work is effortless at all. can't believe she is on top of the modeling world right now.

what a crappy outfit for the biggest issue ever... wish Gaga´s US cover will be better (even if the fact that GaGa could do a good cover is highly improbable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->