US Vogue August 2018 : Saoirse Ronan by Jamie Hawkesworth

SEIZE THE DAY!
Photographer:
Martin Parr
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Dick Page
Models: Paloma Elsesser, Sora Choi, Caroline Trentini, Saffron Vadher, Hoyeon Jung, Aiden Curtiss, Sabina Karlsson, Slick Woods, Selena Forrest, Sabina Karlsson, Sophie Koella & Lineisy Montero

US Vogue Digital Edition

ADDING IT UP
Photographer:
Bibi Cornejo Borthwick
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Recine
Model: Gigi Hadid

US Vogue Digital Edition

ACT N°1
Photographer:
Ryan McGinley
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-Up: Francelle
Models/Celebrities: Okay Kaya, Grace Hartzel, Imaan Hammam, Zsela, Jade Bird, Arlissa & Julia Cumming

US Vogue Digital Edition

GIRL MEETS WORLD
Photographer:
Alessandra Sanguinetti
Stylist: Yohana Lebasi
Hair: Nai'vasha Johnson
Make-Up: Emily Cheng
Model/Celebrity: Yara Shahidi

US Vogue Digital Edition

STATEMENT MAKERS
Photographer:
Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Susie Sobol
Celebrity: Priyanka Chopra

US Vogue Digital Edition

I'd love to see David Luraschi become a regular, his editorial evokes the inspiring era of Vogue US but in a way that works for today. It's definitely my favorite of the bunch.

SAOIRSE RISING
Photographer:
Jamie Hawkesworth
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Model/Celebrity: Saoirse Ronan

US Vogue Digital Edition
May i know how do u get picture from digital edition... did you subscribe all that magazine ?

Definitely "A month of firsts" as on the cover. Gigi's editorial is terrible but the cover and other editorials are great!

Gigi’s ed is one of the most depressing things I have ever seen!

The rest of the editorials are pretty good. I especially love the Martin Parr one.

May i know how do u get picture from digital edition... did you subscribe all that magazine ?

Dear Hafyiez wafa,

I enjoy reading/looking at all (read: fashion) magazines related to my job (for most recent trends and inspiration), so, yeah, I am subscribed to most of them. And that is the main reason why I am not not rich. YET. :D

P.S. You should see the collection of our PRECIOUS vogue28 :heart: on his Instagram - this one, for example! - and than realize WHAT the truly passion/dedication is!

David Luraschi's ed is fantastic. Between this and his Jacquemus ads he's becoming a favorite of mine.

that Luraschi ed is indeed lovely. digging the whimsical, surrealist vibe. very Hermes, except starring a model of color!

Feels kind of static somehow. Would've liked more lively movement, flowing wind-blown garments and swishing bags.

The ladder in the water shot is my favorite. It's as if she's melting into the ocean. beautiful image although the framing, cropping feels off, too centered.

Wonder how they got that shot with the metal ball thing in mid air?

There's an additional outtake shot not included in this editorial. HERE.

This is actually quite a lovely issue. Echoing what others have said, the Gigi story is dreadful; I wish we had footage of Anna seeing those proofs for the first time. I know she approved it but I can't imagine her being particularly fond of it.

I really love the Martin Parr shoot, it's great fun and feels really modern and fresh. The Ryan McGinley shoot is also lovely, but David Luraschi's shoot is my favourite - it's beautiful. That editorial is like old school US Vogue/Grace Coddington romanticism but with a more contemporary feel, I'd love to see more from him in Vogue.

I applaud them for the idea of this issue, it would be great to have a mixture of new talent and the staple photographers in the future. It's great to see a new generation channel the US Vogue aesthetic, it helps push everything forward, but I wish the magazine would commit to a direction. Someone said it earlier in the thread, but they're trying to be too many things, in particular with the covers. They're both stuck in the past with their Annie Leibovitz photoshop creations, but also trying to push forward. It's not that I want all the covers to be the same, but a clear direction that they play within would be great. The magazine used to have such a strong sense of self and it seems to have lost that a little bit.

I do wish US Vogue wasn't so expensive here in the UK now. I used to buy every issue, regardless of the quality because I love collecting them, but I just can't justify £7 on issues that are so unbelievably thin.

I remember when the magazine was £3.80, which meant I bought it every month for years on end, no matter how much I might have disliked the content of any particular issue. At that price, there was always something worth looking at in the magazine.

These days, I never buy it, even when the cover story appeals. It's not worth it. Imports of US Bazaar, Elle, Marie Claire etc aren't so overpriced, so that's where my money goes.

A lovely issue with a lot of underwhelming models.
I love Adut's ed. It's perfect
But My god, i really HATE that full look policy. It's beyond annoying...If i see that Vuitton look one more time!

It's August and so far I've only the January (which I deliberated long before buying), March, and April issues for 2018. It's not only the price which put me off, but also the lifeless feel of the magazine. Yet with that said, it's not easy to miss out on US Vogue. They still manage to pull in rare exclusive interviews, with players who capture our zeitgeist. The editing of the mag as a whole is still one of the best in certain issues.
I actually have all Jan-Jun of US Elle so far, perhaps holding out a small glimmer of hope that the written content will improve.

This issue is a personal must-have for me because I feel like one day we'll look back and point to it as the start of a new era at Vogue. There's the crossover between Allure and Vogue with Priyanka Chopra which more than anything highlight the company's precarious financial situation and their 'share' approach going forward. Luraschi's edit, which to me is one of the most innovative stories I've seen them do in years. It such a gentle yet provocative fashion-centric take on the current refugee crisis sweeping across the world right now. The utility styling, the landscape, and framing of each image. Finally, something in this magazine which actually makes you reflect. We've not actually seen anyone in fashion address the issue - at least visually. Another missed opportunity for Farneti. Parr's edit, which shows a return to some humour with US Vogue's edits. For the past few years everything seemed so functional, try-hard and to the point in this magazine. This is, imo, the way forward for them. Not to blatantly copy what everyone else is doing (see the Borthwick story), but to pick from and put their own unique twist to it.

Thanks for posting, Zorka!

I moved apartments and my mail key doesn't work sometimes so I know I'm VERY late to the party but I BARELY just saw this issue last night and WOW!

I think this is one of my favorite issues of Vogue in a VERY long time. I think it is absolutely breathtaking. I love that they pushed their aesthetic, it felt a lot more 'free' than usual. I know they can do this with a quieter issue and I'm glad they did.

I didn't hate Gigi's edit but I did think it was the weakest.

Didn’t like this cover at all when I first saw it online a couple of weeks ago. But now that I’ve seen it in the shops, it looks quite lovely in person. All the editorials look good too. This issue seems to have more to offer and more variety than the September issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->