UK Vogue May 2019 : Kate Moss by Jamie Hawkesworth, Mikael Jansson & Inez & Vinoodh

I love Jamie’s cover but I’m only here for Lara Stone by McLellan

Thankyou Vogue28, could someone please post a preview of the Hawksford Ed?

Love ‘Portrait of a lady’, such a interesting editorial!!

Regarding the ground breaking non-issue with Jane Fonda: if it really was a ground breaking non-issue, she wouldn’t be relegated to a L’Oreal sponsored supplement.

Also I’m very surprised Edward hasn’t featured a Karl tribute but I’m assuming that it had already gone to print so maybe June with be the Big Karl tribute (hopefully by Meisel)!!!!

Also I’m very surprised Edward hasn’t featured a Karl tribute but I’m assuming that it had already gone to print so maybe June with be the Big Karl tribute (hopefully by Meisel)!!!!

After the Editor’s Letter, there’s a two-page Lagerfeld tribute by Enninful in which he describes when he first met Karl and their working relationship. Nothing major, and certainly nothing compared to the beautiful tribute Justine Picardie added to the May issue or Harper’s Bazaar.

There´s a STUNNING supplement supported by L´Oréal Paris with acting icon Jane Fonda on the cover, I just saw it today on Instagram. By the way if you haven´t watched go and become fans of ``Grace and Frankie´´ on Netflix, it´s amazinggggggggggggggggggggg.

Jansson wins on all fronts for me. Also I'm surprisingly intrigued by the Venetia x Remington ed. Looks lovely so far.

So is the Jane Fonda thing like a separate supplement or just a section inside the issue?

Oh you bet we're MAD about the BOY! After seeing Richard I barely even noticed the rest. Kate looks fabulous tho, the rest of the editorials as well. I'm excited to see it all in digital.

My issue arrived today and I’m just very disappointed that no one dares take a risk with Kate anymore, it’s always the exact same styling or vibe etc, it’s boring now. The only thing close is Hawkesworth’s few images because they are slightly different and I wish they had explored that shoot more instead of just basic studio shoots that could of been from OldVogue or Vogue Paris.

The content in general for this issue isn’t bad it’s just very unimaginative and it’s sad to see on the back of a few great issues.

The editorials are quintessential Kate for me. I like it. Though, I wish Edward pushed Kate out of her new found comfort zone. But you can’t do much as well given the roster of photographers tasked to do the job. Its a missed opportunity tbh.

The only thing close is Hawkesworth’s few images because they are slightly different and I wish they had explored that shoot more instead of just basic studio shoots that could of been from OldVogue or Vogue Paris.

OldVogue (LOL) used to do a lot of Colin Dodgson shoots, and when I saw the cover it instantly harked back to that. While I never liked what Dodgson did for other magazines, the British Vogue shoots he used to do with Jane How and Verity Parker were always very emotive. So I had hoped Jamie's shoot too will be entirely exterior.

OldVogue (LOL) used to do a lot of Colin Dodgson shoots, and when I saw the cover it instantly harked back to that. While I never liked what Dodgson did for other magazines, the British Vogue shoots he used to do with Jane How and Verity Parker were always very emotive. So I had hoped Jamie's shoot too will be entirely exterior.

Oh no, Jamie’s shoot is on location in India but it’s a few images and I don’t feel it was explored enough. The others shoots are the boring oldvogue studio shoots with the same styling and treatment Kate always gets!

It's only May, but so far this issue doing nothing for me! Even Kate's styling gig is more exciting than this!

Regarding the ground breaking non-issue with Jane Fonda: if it really was a ground breaking non-issue, she wouldn’t be relegated to a L’Oreal sponsored supplement.
Right?!! What a let down, remember that ad saying this is "groundbreaking, and nothing will be the same, or everything will change" ? HAHAHAH no, FYI it WOULD be groundbreaking to have Jane, at age 80, on the main cover!! Call me when everyone at CN has some balls to do something like that. In the meantime save your supplements!

The issue is probably on the newsstand by now, meaning I can get mine tomorrow morning, but I am most keen to see how exactly this age theme has been dealt with. Is it only relegated to the supplement, or are there some content in the main issue. Jane Fonda is definitely famous enough in the UK to carry a cover on her own. By pushing her and Helen's features into a supplement just makes the entire thing look like a blatant marketing effort or a way to get some money off Loreal only. Which it is, but still. That's not even touching on the underlying message to be gathered from this. I mean, I really doubt the audience that supplement supposedly targets will actually buy this issue.
I've stumbled across Prue Leith's hilariously honest account on ageing, her face lift, and dating after 70 and it was profound enough that I finished it. Jane revealed yesterday that she had undergone a mastectomy in 2016. The entire concept behind Grace & Frankie is like a middle-finger to ageism, and yet it's so popular and profitable. There are more than enough themes to build around these type of issues to make it relevant to both young and mature.

Yeah, the issue is now available on newsstands but I've only been able to find the Mikael Jansson cover (which is my favorite, nevertheless). I received the Inez & Vinoodh cover via my subscription and now obviously need Hawkesworth's to complete the set.

The two local Tesco's I checked only had Kate by Jansson on the shelves, which I found odd because there was a real even distribution of the December covers here. The issue does come wrapped with the Non-Issue supplement and was priced at a total bargain of £2!

The Jansson 'hat' one is the only newsstand cover that I've seen, and it was also on sale in my area for £2, although I only noticed when I got back to work that it had scanned through at full-price, meaning I had to traipse back to the store for my refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->