Last edited by a moderator:

Michelle Obama
Photographer:
Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Make-Up: Carl Ray
Hair: Johnny Wright

vogue.com

What a beautiful cover to close the year, AND her time in the White House.

And the editorial is just stunning, she looks like a movie star! I will miss her intelligence, style, and grace!

I knew it. It's a gorgeous cover, i am so going to miss Michelle.

Looks like Vogue is on a roll this fall, beginning with the Lupita cover. Very natural, very beautiful - Michelle looks like a classic movie star indeed!

Also I love that they showed her in a more sensual light on both the cover and in the editorial. It's a fantastic end to those eight years as First Lady.

So much better than her two previous covers and editorials, this one is even sort of sexy. Her presence will definitely be missed.

I wish there was more of full lenght covers like this, i am a sucker when i can see a beautiful dress or even shoes, on the cover! Also a lot of Versace in the ed, and don't remember the last time Hererra was on the cover, nice!

This was a surprisngly good year for US Vogue covers, imo. Now if they just did something about the content.....

Honestly, it's such a bittersweet cover. It's beautiful and the perfect way to close the year with this extraordinary woman, but it's really hard to "GET HAPPY!" also knowing it's the end of this era and the beginning of... that.

It's really weird to see Michelle in that photo on the steps with her head back. It's almost a little risqué for someone who isn't a model or actress.

Beautiful cover

I love this extremely smart woman! :heart: Beautiful cover and editorial. Gonna miss her a lot.

Note that on her very first cover, the tagline was "The First Lady the World's been waiting for" :shifty:

Despite all the efforts by the media to convince the world otherwise, Michelle is really not beautiful, and this cover is another example of that. Nevertheless, this cover is quite good otherwise. The editorial is good too.

Really in tears right now. What an inspiring, humble, smart, beautiful, and graceful woman. Can't believe it's the end of an era.

Also, what a beautiful cover. I'm just in love with it. However, I'm having issues with the hair....

I have been incredibly proud to have called Michelle our First Lady, and this cover is a gorgeous cap to her brilliant tenure. It is even more bittersweet to see her (and Barack) go given our current predicament.

Thank you Annie for not f**king this up :flower:

ahh.. what a woman, she will be so missed :heart:... hopefully not for long. :shifty:

Despite all the efforts by the media to convince the world otherwise, Michelle is really not beautiful, and this cover is another example of that. Nevertheless, this cover is quite good otherwise. The editorial is good too.

She’s not a physically beautiful woman by any standards. I think her beauty is that of a modern woman’s personality, and for her admirable character. She is truly one of those individuals that become beautiful because of her sheer force of personality— or at least, her persona.

I would think that both Michelle and Vogue would have the courage to dare ramp up the glamour aspect for this shoot since she’ll no longer be First Lady and don't need to worry about damaging her husband’s image should she appear too risqué for middle America. No such luck, sadly. She looks as boring and bland as is expected of US Vogue. This is along the lines of any given wedding magazine shoot. God, I loathe Annie.

If beauty to you is only in the physical then I feel bad for you. You'll never see true beauty unless you start digging a little deeper.

This cover is full of grace and poise and that makes it and its subject striking.

Michelle Obama is a beautiful woman, and that is a beautiful cover.

My eyes are filled with tears because this such a beautiful cover of a beautiful woman!

This cover is breathtaking and Michelle looks sexy without overdoing it. I'm so happy Annie didn't go overboard with the photoshop. Michelle looks like Michelle and this is a GREAT way to end the year with Vogue.

This has been the best cover wise year for Vogue since 2011 in my opinion. Minus the hideous Amy Schumer cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kalerianinidy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->