Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2024

According to MDC, Duffy did hair and Diane Kendal did makeup for the show.

(Get Guido and Pat next year!)

that was a great show. I like the more stripped back format and even without all the craziness it felt like a vsfs show. less costume more lingerie which is what it's supposed to be. I'm glad it didnt stretch too long as well.

Well its' not that bad Some hits, some misses but overall I think they're on the right track :magic:
Not a fan of Gigi opening :ninjas::ninjas::ninjas:Imaan or Adriana should've been the choice

Standouts for me are Imaan, Vittoria, Anok, Blesnya, Mia, Anthi & Rania :wub:
It's so refreshing to see Kate Moss, Eva Herzigova & Carla Bruni on the runway
Tyra closing the show was epic but come on that outfit was horrendous and no wings? really?

omg every single model looked GORGEOUS and I think having new girls opening/closing some of the segments is refreshing. it was very balanced and honestly the stage being on the floor didn’t make much difference to me (I was upset at 1st). there were too many good moments to comment here but cmon, Kate Moss was legendary with her “angry” look that I thought was soooo cool… Adriana and Alessandra = impeccable. Imaan, Maty, Vitto, Awar, Paula, Alaato, Anok, Devyn, Eva, Bella… WOW!!

Also, was not expecting Lisa to be this powerful and confident!! Tyla and Cher KILLED it too. I’m out of words, it was all so good!!

My only critique goes for the shared moments I think on the rock segment were you could get lost with two models walking at the same time but I’m sure they’ll fix it on the edit. And to Gigizzzzz

Guys, they did it and we got even more than we wanted and I can’t wait to re-watch!

Last edited:
Why are you guys cheering over the youtube views? They are heavy altered due to Lisa performance, her brainwashed fanatics spammed the video link everywhere and created multiple accounts to just "support" her "idol". You know that any high fashion youtube video with a Blackpink star in it gets automatically 10x views. I bet more than half of the views are due to Lisa, hence consider 5M views instead of 10...still impressive anyway

less costume more lingerie which is what it's supposed to be.
I have to respectfully disagree. The whole point of the fashion show is to sell the fantasy with clothes nobody would actually buy, which then encourages women to go to the stores or seek out the ads which is where they encounter the clothes they're actually going to buy in a more digestible format.

A VS show without the extravagant costumes ends up looking like Miami Swim Week

But no closing or opening either segment, whereas Vitto closed her first and opened her second. So unfair to the Angels, tbh…
especially since she literally opened an closed like any regular high fashion runway. She did good didnt bring the VS energy. Some of the other HF girls brought the VS energy like Imaan, Anok, Awar and some others.

Loved the show! Went back to the original days of VSFS Cannes with limited annoying interaction of models with the audience and performers I love that the artistes stayed in their lane and the models got their attention. Wardrobe was more tasteful too. The performers did a great job, VS can teach Loreal about using dancers on a runway show. Makeup and beauty was stunning and all the models cast looked amazing which shows that most designers just dont know how to dress curvy models, they all looked amazing here. Only thing that was missing was the holiday spirit which VS was always associated with. The music mix was nice but we still need that DJ from that 'drop it like its hot, Russian beat' era.

I personally didn't like the show, it missed the enthusiasm VS had and Gigi opening was completely scandalous in my opinion. The makeup was nice but the lingerie looked cheap. I loved Imaan and also loved that Kate was there(icon). Bella looked like a dead fish
Overall all models tried to bring some vibe, Adriana's walk was to die for!

I have to respectfully disagree. The whole point of the fashion show is to sell the fantasy with clothes nobody would actually buy, which then encourages women to go to the stores or seek out the ads which is where they encounter the clothes they're actually going to buy in a more digestible format.

A VS show without the extravagant costumes ends up looking like Miami Swim Week

how can you even see the product their selling if the models were wearing christmas trees, teddy bears, and the kitchen sink. They're not a costume company, they are selling lingerie and sports wear. in what world would anyone pair it with the costumes they had before. The wings and the top models wearing them are enough fantasy for hopefully some housewife in the middle of nowhere to grab a pair of vs undies and feel like a vs angel.

on a different note.. Not tyra giving ring master vibes at the end.... it was so unneeded

I was very on the fence of this being brought back to life, but I have to say...they got me, gal.

Their claim to success was always how they managed to find the perfect intersection of fashion, entertainment, commerciality and desirability, selling the fantasy of accessible luxury in lingerie. Last time they showed in 2018, the phenomenon lost all touch with the zeitgeist and had become full-on kitsch, no longer ticking any of those boxes. The clothes were gimmicky, the models had no high-fashion credibility, the performers were irrelevant and the show had become a circus, far removed from anything that could be perceived as luxury...not to mention the lack of (body) diversity.

In my eyes, this attempt brought everything back that was missing. A pared back set; desirable lingerie that looked luxurious; a cast that struck a nice balance between relevant fashion girls, brand icons, industry legends and body diversity; performances by trending artists and f*cking Cher. And, maybe a minor detail, but wings that looked like wings...back to the "essence" of an angel without acknowledging the concept of the Angel brand ambassador too much. (Is the Angel concept still a thing, actually?). This felt like the 2025 version of the 2002 show. And that is an incredible compliment.

The only thing that's hard to gauge is the cultural impact. At the time, it almost created a mono-culture moment in entertainment. I don't think it's possible to emulate this anymore in this day and age, and I'm not sure if it should. But I'm very interested if this show will have the ripple effect the brand hopes for.

On an ending note, I did kinda live for hat surprise Tyra reveal lol. Added jjjjjuuust the right amount of camp.

ETA: is this Joseph Altuzarra's work? Or do those timelines not match? If so, well done tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhHellMel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->