US Vogue February 2015 : Dakota Johnson by Mario Testino

not only dated but it resembles her Elle editorial imo...

The cover isn't bad, but it's not very interesting either. And I know she is promoting 50 Shades, but I'm still surprised she got the cover. Yes, the movie has a lot of hype but that is certainly not because of Dakota, I doubt many people even know who she is. I don't dislike her, she seems like a nice girl, but she doesn't seem well known enough to get such a major cover.

It does look like her Elle edit, how sad! The entire issue sounds like a nightmare, my god!

Kroqjock
thanks for your review, it has become a highlight in every of these threads now. :lol:

The cover story is ever worse than the cover. Are Caroline & Jenner have an contract to appear in every issue of the mag? I mean, is getting boring, i guess, Anna should be leave.

You guys, doesn't Dakota's spread look like a House and Garden shoot with a nice girl to fill in?

On another note, I am really puzzled by Kendall being featured all the time. I understood the Kim Kardashian cover since it would generate a lot of buzz, but in reality the Jenner sister isn't even that famous. What exactly does Vogue get out of this?

I think kendall being in the vogue is/has been making more money for vogue. She has 18 MILLION followers on instagram most of which are teens/young adults so if she, kim, kris, kourt, khloe all post "wow love my sister in this blah blah blah" a lot of people will see it and probably go buy

#3 - Heat Wave (14 pg)
PH: Mario Testino
Style: Tonne Goodman
Model/Celeb: Cameron Russell and Luke Grimes

Courtesy of the Digital IPAD edition

#9 - We Are Family (6 pg)
PH: Inez & Vinoodh
Style: Camilla Nickerson
Models/Celeb: Suki & Immy Waterhouse, Chloe Grace & Trevor Duke Moretz, Cipriana & Takenya Quann, Vanessa & Greta Axente

Courtesy of the Digital IPAD Edition

^^^but with digital images available online, do teens spend money on magazines that are more from grown ups? just to see a few pages of Kendall?

Thanks for the digi pics, KJ. Gotta say, nothing appeals to me in this issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think kendall being in the vogue is/has been making more money for vogue. She has 18 MILLION followers on instagram most of which are teens/young adults so if she, kim, kris, kourt, khloe all post "wow love my sister in this blah blah blah" a lot of people will see it and probably go buy

Well that must be the reason because she certainly isn't a good model.

^^^but with digital images available online, do teens spend money on magazines that are more from grown ups? just to see a few pages of Kendall?

Thanks for the digi pics, KJ. Gotta say, nothing appeals to me in this issue...

Yes, they most certainly do. But if you think for one second that I'm going to post anything related to that family, then you better start getting disappointed now.

^hahaha is it me or you don´t like them? :wink::Pink:

can you post Margot Robbie´s pics, please?

It's the same issue every month. Why sub when you know you're getting the same models and the same photographers paired with extremely similar concepts?

The logic that IG followers equals more sales has already been proven false with the Kim K. Issue not having sold any more or less then a regular issue. Furthermore.. To many teens these days instagram IS their fashion magazine. I'm sore goog searches for Kendall Jenner in Vogue go up by a large percentage but not actual sales.

And really even if Kendall's fans did run out and buy the magazine how is this beneficial to Vogue's advertisers? Hey Chanel! we have an extra 200,000 kids on a weekly allowance reading Vogue! They can't afford the advertisers nor do they even care for the fashion shown. They're here for a Kardashion.

If they care that much about Kendall to run out and buy Vogue they're probably heading to sears to by the Kardashian collection too.

PS... Why isn't Cameron a full fledge super model?!?!?! Sigh

Rising above politics would just be featuring whoever Vogue thought was an interesting, fashionable woman with no regard for race. I don't think that's what they do currently, but I don't think they're racist either. To them, it's about money. Who will sell the most issues and who has a great publicity team to push them for the cover. Vogue is a business, whether we like it or not, and a business operating within a struggling form of media, too.

The fashion industry produces a lot of "product" and it's the job of a fashion magazine to frame these products as desirable enough to the public, that they'll spend crazy money on stuff that has no inherent worth. A lot of these items aren't that appealing, but entire narratives are created within the fashion world, for example, about the intellectual genius contained within each Prada collection, when to the supposedly "uneducated eye", it's nothing of the sort. But because Vogue says otherwise, people buy into it.

So to say that it's a commercial choice to not put black people on the cover is an entire cop-out to me, when part of a magazine's purpose is to make things desirable, often creating that desire out of thin air. And that stretches to people too - celebrities, models, designers, stylists, all getting the Vogue seal of approval and getting constant exposure through the magazine, building them up as paragons of excellence.

So to me, it's not that black people can't "sell" magazines, it's that magazine editors can't be bothered to do their jobs properly, and create the same commercial environment of 'excitement' about them. A black person on the cover often feels like a token effort, and the public knows that. Who's going to get excited over a cover choice like that?

So I'm fed up hearing that black people "don't sell". Magazines should just get on with the job of selling them, just like they do with every other sort of thing that passes through their pages.

Dakota's editorial coupled with her Golden Globes appearance suggests to me she's uncomfortable with the spotlight. I hope she can withstand the 50 Shades crazies.

I would love to see Cameron become a Vogue regular, she's truly a smart and socially conscious person!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->