US Vogue February 2021 : Kamala Harris by Tyler Mitchell

I love her and it's great that she got the cover but the styling is soooooooooooooooooooooo not Vogue-level. I'm embarrassed for Tonne or whoever styled this mess and NO HEELS??? I'm dying just by looking at these shoes for someone as important as her and moreover for the freaking cover of American Vogue. Kamala was dressed was way better in other events or when she was talking to the US citizens recently than here, it seems that they just told her to come and did her makeup and styled her quickly and she had to go to take a place. COME ON!!! :judge: It's not serious Anna or Tonne or whoever did that styling. I hope there are other covers or better shots from the cover story.

Having said all of this: CONGRATSSSS another great women on the cover of Vogue and yes she happens to be a top politician and a black woman but this to me does not matter, what matters is who she is, what she stands for, how she talks to these nasty Trumpers and so on :clap: America is in great hands NOW.

ps: this photographer has no business at Vogue or any Condé Nast magazine I am sorry, nothing against him, he just does NOT have ''it''.

Kamala IS the Vogue Level itself..she doesn’t need heels. Don’t you think it’s a purpose wearing sneakers?
They all study every cm of their image and communication..it would have been pretty banal seeing her in heels just because it’s ‘Vogue’.

The message is pretty clear: ‘I’m one of you, ready to run with you and for you for a New America’

1st cover is beyond bad! who looks at this cover and says ‘oh yeah definitely, it’s amazing, let’s send it to print’?!!! :blink::blink::blink:

2nd cover is obviously better, very safe, pedestrian enough for a VP (wasn’t expecting to see Kamala Harris in OLDR gown).

regardless, happy for her!

I bet March is Zendaya (all this movies coming out, Adele (new album) or maybe Taylor (two albums out) :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Yashar Ali on Twitter said that the cover is not what Kamala’s team agreed on
View attachment 1165153

Source: twitter.com (@yashar)

I love Kamala and agree this cover is pretty bad, but really, no one outside of the magazine should have a say on what the cover image will be. Her team shouldn't get to say yes or no to the cover choice.

vo0221_covergold_logo-jpg.1165159

dd2b1a6ee7feb6deda2c63743d670548.jpg

pinterest, vogue

I get what they were trying to do here, but this cover is just plain poorly shot. The cover that was mutually agreed upon is much better.

I love Kamala and agree this cover is pretty bad, but really, no one outside of the magazine should have a say on what the cover image will be. Her team shouldn't get to say yes or no to the cover choice.

Yashar Ali is not a reliable source, imo. I would take anything he has to say on the matter with a fat pinch of salt.

Kamala IS the Vogue Level itself..she doesn’t need heels. Don’t you think it’s a purpose wearing sneakers?
They all study every cm of their image and communication..it would have been pretty banal seeing her in heels just because it’s ‘Vogue’.

The message is pretty clear: ‘I’m one of you, ready to run with you and for you for a New America’

I disagree, she needed heels, it's Vogue, not a teens' catalogue. They can study marketing and com and all of that but even people at Vogue can make mistakes no magazine editor or magazine team in the world makes it perfect every month therefore for me it is indeed very banal to see sneakers on her (because of her job) what used to be an iconic bible of the fashion world: there's a certain standard for Vogue covers and what it means in fashion history, this is not for the gram.

And yes I get it she's very down to earth and normal person so they thought to put her in sneakers to make her more reliable but one can wear heels and looks chic and smart and yet to still be reliable to people. Anyways the second cover is BEYOND gorgeous for me.

The second cover works. Honestly at this point, vogue is not what it used to be , so I think it's fine for Kamala to get the final say in how she wants to be presented. I don't think a Vogue cover is meaningful enough anymore.

This. Those saying she deserved better / those stirring a “backlash” narrative are clearly forgetting the political machinery BEHIND this cover. This cover and the styling SURELY got the approval of Kamala, could even be her idea altogether. This is part and parcel of her Presidential campaign which began since she was chosen as the VP of Biden.

See the real picture people. This is the start of her Presidential campaign. This is political cover.

Last edited:
Ok, the second cover is not groundbreaking but it’s way more in line with what I was expecting.

This. Those saying she deserved better / those stirring a “backlash” narrative are clearly forgetting the political machinery BEHIND this cover. This cover and the styling SURELY got the approval of Kamala, could even be her idea altogether. This is part and parcel of her Presidential campaign which began since she was chosen as the VP of Biden.

See the real picture people. This is the start of her Presidential campaign. This is political cover.

That’s exactly what I was talking about..you can surely contest the intent of doing the right “approval” move dressing sporty like that, but in this case the common Vogue’s glam codex went out of the radar in favor of this ‘political cover’.
So no surprise for the missing heels.
On a more cynical point of view you can notice how nowdays all the magazines and editors are way more opened to this kind of casual style than in the past. It’s political and related to this new ‘fashion loves democracy’ mood if you compare this cover to the one shot with Hillary C many years ago or with medias mogul as Ophra

This is what nightmares are made of, and perfectly shows just how incredibly, and totally horrible US Vogue has been for a while now. But even more so since COVID-19!!

Wintour just doesn't care, at all anymore, she has other things to worry about these days, Vogue feels like an afterthought to her. She used to really understand what her magazine is about, and now it's like a headless chicken!

GKJ is the epitome of embarrassment to pretend not knowing who is the stylist and trying to "objectively" defend the cover when she has been hugely responsible for this mess.

Tyler Mitchell is there because Beyonce pushed him down our throat but some pastel colors and extra sheets as backdrop do not make you a talented photographer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->