US Vogue May 2020 : Gal Gadot by Annie Leibovitz

Doesn't the May issue usually coincide with the Met Gala? Does anyone have thoughts on how this relates to the now canceled Met theme/party?

I don’t think the May cover is always on theme with the Met Gala but there’s always a feature inside about the exhibit and usually the May cover Star is an attendee or cochair. I think it’s safe to assume Gal would have been there. Plus she’s wearing Vuitton, who sponsored this year’s exhibit, I believe.

Beautiful, everything i want from a US Vogue cover. But will this actually be sold in print? Probably just digitial....
Print is still their bread and butter, so I have no doubt whether this will appear on the (US) newsstands or not. Maybe the distribution both countrywide and worldwide gets delayed a bit though.

Beautiful, everything i want from a US Vogue cover. But will this actually be sold in print? Probably just digitial....

I think it would still be sold in print. It went to press before the COVID-19 lockdowns. Plus, subscribers must get their copy otherwise that's a potential liability for them.

Also, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas and South Carolina are not yet on lockdown. Majority of States also allow people to buy their essentials in stores where people would have access to magazines.

However, availability of the issue internationally is a different issue altogether.

a refreshing cover for Vogue US. I'm glad Anna didn't choose some gimmick tactic for the cover during these times.

Extremely BAD postproduction/Photoshop work. Gal Gadot was clearly shot in the studio, and after that (as I already said, extremely poor!) "glued" to those canyons imagery. Once again, too bad and too amateurish from Annie Leibovitz and US Vogue.
I have to agree, it does look like they copy-pasted her onto the scenery! Either bad postproduction or lighting.

Yet another win of a cover for American Vogue! This is truly gorgeous, love that vivid blue sky, the texture of the rock landscape and the embellished Louis Vuitton dress on Gal Gadot. One small critique I might have is the lank arms but I'm not letting that minor (real minor) issue ruin this.

I have to agree, it does look like they copy-pasted her onto the scenery! Either bad postproduction or lighting.

Extremely bad post-production from Leibovitz in the shot of Gal wearing the Tom Ford dress. The shading around the boots is amateur, and offensive to the eye. As gorgeous as the cover is, the accompanying cover feature is total garbage.

I do wonder if it’ll be sold in print too. It could just be where I live, but British Vogue isn’t on any newsstands here. It’s just the digital.
Maybe I missed the story where it was confirmed there’d be no print however...

I do wonder if it’ll be sold in print too. It could just be where I live, but British Vogue isn’t on any newsstands here. It’s just the digital.

I think @vogue28 received a copy as a subscriber. The Rihanna issue is also sold in eBay (both subscribers' cover and newsstands cover)

I don't live on the mainland and the print copy of the new UK Vogue was on sale in local petrol stations here. My subscription hasn't arrived though.

I do wonder if it’ll be sold in print too. It could just be where I live, but British Vogue isn’t on any newsstands here.

I asked at CNWWN about the issue a day before they closed -they usually have BV the same day the magazine arrives at newstands- and they hadn't receive the issue because it was delayed.

Ah interesting. It’s been in no shops I’ve been in but perhaps just very delayed. No doubt this month’s issues are going to have very low circulation numbers unless they inflate it with free digital numbers.

She finally got a Vogue cover. Should have been a cover girl for the first WW movie. Don't understand the uproar for the "Imagine" video. Don't people follow these stars on social media to see what they are up to and doing? Celebs do harmless goofy things on tiktok, instagram all the time. Anyway, it's a beautiful image and i will definitely try to pick it up.

That's a beautiful cover, though I can't help but feel like the makeup/face lighting is dragging it down immensely. Like, you look at it from afar and you're like "Wow", and then you look closer and Gal looks like she hasn't slept in three days.

But kudos to Vogue for taking us back to a more fabulous, Herb Ritz era of glamorous magazine covers. It is greatly needed these days imo.

So overdue, and this cover looks like it was made by Herb Ritts.

The hands over the head poses in some of the editorial images are straight up modelling 101 but the cover, though still very much rooted in Leibovitzian brand of heavy photoshop, is US Vogue’s best in months.

Can we just have a round of applause for our queen of time-management and planning, Anna Wintour? The only editor that makes issues in advance, so you don't publish minimal effort crap shot as selfies or via Skype!

A breath of fresh air, Gal looks glamorous, she looks thin, she looks healthy, she looks toned, she looks rich, and she looks like she is in some gorgeous place. Thank you, Anna, for this dream revival in the piles and piles of uninspired imagery.

I can't believe she's wearing Vuitton on the cover because in passing it looked more like Kors or similar to me. Also, pre-fall in early April? That's exactly what's wrong with the fashion cycle. Thankfully this crisis will soon let all these brands see sense.

I saw it at the local supermarket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"