US Vogue May 2020 : Gal Gadot by Annie Leibovitz

I hope that every magazine around the world, not only this one, will extend the time of the copies in newsstands.

This cover is suuuuuuch a sight for sore eyes! Gal is absolutely beyond gorgeous and she photographs so well. The editorial has such vibrancy and movement and dynamism. I just think she's wonderful. Yes, the "Imagine" video was incredibly cringe, but I'm sure she learned from that experience. It's not like she did anything *wrong* by making it - it just was rather tone-deaf. Also, we have to remember that up until that moment these stars were receiving positive press and accolades for similar things.

Regardless, the photography is just magnificent (although I agree that in some pics it looks ludicrously photoshopped into the scenery). She is sublime. I also liked her in the 73 Questions video; she seems quite grounded and lovely.

She's just stunning and and absolute cover girl, I can't believe it never crossed my mind to have her on the cover. It makes perfect sense.

I also liked her in the 73 Questions video; she seems quite grounded and lovely.

Except of course right at the end of that video:

Annoying interviewer: What story would you love to be seen made into a film?
Gal: Lisa Howard. If you don't know about her, and you probably don't, Google her

I was like, erm, just tell him that Howard was the first female anchor to get her own tv show and is famous for her (intimate) connection with Castro, instead of lording your wit over him like that. I find that sort of behaviour mildly annoying and it is actually so commonplace at events and dinner parties.

Except of course right at the end of that video:

Annoying interviewer: What story would you love to be seen made into a film?
Gal: Lisa Howard. If you don't know about her, and you probably don't, Google her

I was like, erm, just tell him that Howard was the first female anchor to get her own tv show and is famous for her (intimate) connection with Castro, instead of lording your wit over him like that. I find that sort of behaviour mildly annoying and it is actually so commonplace at events and dinner parties.

The whole point of 73 questions, though, is a rapid fire question and answer. I don’t think they’re supposed to elaborate much.

The whole point of 73 questions, though, is a rapid fire question and answer. I don’t think they’re supposed to elaborate much.

'Lisa Howard, the first female anchor to get her own tv show' would've taken up less time than what she actually said.....

I like her rusty voice. She seems okay, sounds like a typical Israeli to me. :smile:

Well her response got me to google Lisa Howard, so annoying or not, her plan succeeded!

US Vogue May 2020

Time Will Tell

Photographer: Nigel Shafran
Set Designer: Justine Ponthieux
Stylist: Alex Harrington
Hair: Olivier Schawalder
Makeup: Anthony Preel
Cast: Fran Summers

US Vogue Digital Edition

US Vogue May 2020

Up Close & Personal

Photographer: Ethan James Green
Stylist: Tonne Goodman & Madeline Swanson, Lilah Ramzi, Chioma Nnadi, JasmineContomichalos, Alex Harrington, Jessica Nichols, Naomi Elizee, Akili King
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Makeup: Kanoko
Cast: Caroline Trentini, Imaan Hammam

US Vogue Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
US Vogue May 2020

Once Upon A Time in Fashion

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Grace Coddington

[URL='http://imgbox.com/FURU7K2R'] [/URL]

Photographer: Anton Corbijn
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick, Michael Philouze
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Makeup: Coral Clark
Cast: Nicolas Ghesquière, Andrew Bolton, Es Devlin

US Vogue Digital Edition

Do they really have to push Nicolas everywhere? He hasn't designed a single good collection in a long time. Its annoying at this point.
Caroline is clearly a star there. Imaan looks scared. Cant agencies hire someone to teach their models how to pose?
That egg ed is a joke.

Imaan is always infinitely better than the models they pair her with. First Kendall, now Trentini. That last shot of her is just perfection.
The MET edit is something new and I like it (without the cast!), although it looks like a prelude for what lies ahead. Editorials photographed on mannequins because models either can't be afforded or are under lockdown.
Harrington's jewellery edit is hands down the worst of the lot and such a waste really. Can only imagine how expensive these Shafran edits must be which they insist on publishing. His association with the fashion industry is like that of Martin Parr, it doesn't feel genuine.

That Nigel edit... gurl. First Gigi, then Bella, now Fran... Alex Harrington must hate those girls.

Btw, Imaan, my gosh... is so perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->