US Vogue November 2015 : Angelina Jolie by Annie Leibovitz

This is the first to for me that Kendall actually looks like a model in Vogue! This is her best editorial. Like someone said before, she's still lifeless, but when she isn't trying to model and just smile it comes off better.

Karlie and GiGi edits are just okay for me.

Does anyone think Anna is trying to make Kendall the new Caroline Treniti?

The Jansson edit is very, very good by US Vogue standards...although I also wish I could catch a glimpse at the clothing credits.

Flat Gigi edit...she wasn't the right choice for the styling/theme, which is also jarring when set in that tight bright blue box studio.

* Karlie Kloss, a bob, a remote place, paired with a celebrity... 121218482454241572726th time already?

* Famous guys shot together in a studio trying to be energetic and happy... 54654654425412134th time already?

Ew, Gigi. Karlie is pretty boring for me. Being fair, I have to say this is the best Kendall's ed; she looks good, but that's all.

the editorial og Gigi is terrible sometimes Patrick Demarchelier lost he's vision

Dylan Brosnan is the only nepotism case in this issue that doesn't bother me, b/c without his name he's still got model written all over him.

Karlie's ed is hauntingly beautiful. Yes.

Gigi, what happened... This isn't looking like a US Vogue editorial.

Kendall, for the very first time, I'm impressed. I like this editorial. It feels so fresh in a very weird way

REBEL WITH A CAUSE
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Adam Campbell
Make-up: Toni G
Model/Celebrity: Angelina Jolie

Without text:

Vogue US

Tragic Magic
Photographer:
Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Star: Keira Knightley
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
Hair: Garren

worldmags

kendall's editorial is pretty good, i have to say she has really grown in to fit the vibe of this magazine

the editorial og Gigi is terrible sometimes Patrick Demarchelier lost he's vision

Agree. :shock: Nothing against Gigi, but that ed looks like it was done by a fashion student! Really, really, really awful.

And who thought disguising a child as a bunny was cute or funny? I can't even. Oh, yes, it had to be Tonne. The worst stylist ever. Arg.

BTW, MAS doesn't work for US Vogue anymore? Marie Amélie, Camilla and Grace are the only saving graces of that sh!t of a magazine, and they don't work that much anymore. Maybe Camilla, but she lost her spark in Vogue US I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
This magazine has no vibe and no pulse, everything feels so hollow and empty. I downloaded the PDF of this issue and I didn't spend more than two minutes looking at it, so I'm certainly not spending real money on a copy any time soon.

anyone know what was the location of the photo shoot Angelina?

i must say that Kendall's ed looks nice. I love the happy vibe from her. She looks like having fun. Keira's ed is soo beautiful

From Shiloh to social media models, a magazine can put these young people on its pages because of the media hype about them and their associated family members, but that doesn't automatically make any of it interesting.

It's one thing for a free news site to be populated with daily stories about the PR-managed minutiae of their daily lives, and another for me to pay good money to look at printed shots of them in a monthly magazine, where the content has to be enough to sustain a shelf-life of several weeks. That entails making an effort. Even when there's no depth to the content, great production values in photography can go far, but there's certainly no excuse for shoddy photoshopping at this level.

By all means, as a major publication, be populist, and appeal to millions - but the least I expect from Vogue is a super-professional level of populism.

Once again, this magazine proves it has no idea what to do with itself anymore...these shoots are identical to ones we've seen a thousand times before for the last 10-15 years at Vogue...it's time to try something different!

Like tigerrouge brought up - I, too, have no problem with this magazine being populist...use Kendall, use Gigi, I don't care! But at least use them in interesting ways! Or even just a beautiful photograph, would suffice? But we're getting neither, so it all falls flat and is completely empty.

I can't even with Annie's photography anymore...it's a total joke. She is a joke. Let's move on? Why is she THE celebrity photographer? Her work feels so dated at this point! Can we move on??

Like I've said before in previous issues threads here - the online content for Vogue is so much more on the pulse and so much more "current" feeling than what is happening on the pages here. I so wish there was more taken from the online team and used for print. There seems to be a lot of fresh ideas on that website and it would be fantastic to see it in the magazine - I'd subscribe if it did!

It's almost tiring just looking at this magazine now, the worst is Gigi's ed, made worse still by Camilla Nickerson's styling which is just tragic here, proves how stale this magazine has become. Like UK Vogue they need to change up the masthead and get some new people in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->