US Vogue November 2017 : Daisy Ridley by Mario Testino

I feel like some of these big photographers are getting lazy. I'm not sure who did it, but the cover image it looks like someone use dodge tool to brighten her face area (not in a skilful way), and thus making the image look bad/amateurish imo. And the other shots looks like bad outtakes. Composition is off, and there's nothing memorable.

Don't know much about her and don't like the cover. The long earring isn't working for me. Onto December's issue!!

Very striking! The dress bothered me at first but now I don't mind so much. It's great to see such a powerful cover on US Vogue.

...So boring. The styling is so amateur it's laughable. Depressed to see this mediocre cover get rave reviews, says a lot about the state of fashion magazines.

Her hair is horrendous.
The cover is rather bland.
Just what I expect from US Vogue

When was the last time we had a black outfit on the over of vogue us?

There’s something about that cover. I guess it’s Daisy because I don’t like the styling but I like the 80’ vibe.

I got my copy

240 pages

Kicking It
Photographer: Greg Harris
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Models: Gigi Hadid, Hannah Ferguson

Escape Artistry
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Benjamin Bruno
Model/Celeb: Raquel Zimmermann, Tom Bateman

Moment of the Month: Fair Play
Photographer: Charlotte Wales
Stylist: Alex Harrington
Models: Ellen Rosa, Lineisy Montero, Grace Hartzel

Top Of The Rocks
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Models/Celeb: Kendall Jenner, Liu Wen, Lily Alridge, Karlie Kloss, Talita Von Furstenberg, Vittoria Cerreti, Alma Jodorowsky

Show of Strength (CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalist feature)
Models/Celebs: Paloma Elsesser, Ralph Souffrant, Grace Elizabeth, Karlie Kloss, India Salvor Menuez, Dara, Bria Vinaite, Ashley Graham, Taylor Hill, Alton Mason, Grace Hartzel, Kaia Gerber

Last edited by a moderator:
Preview snaps

my pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
The bad news = only one model feature (moment of the month doesn't count) The good news = Raquel almost saves this issue. Almost.

^ I sort of agree. So Vogue has stopped hiring proper stylists now?

On the other hand, wow @ B Bruno's career trajectory this year. Meisel and now US Vogue contributor. I quite like his story with Raquel and Alasdair.

The styling of Raquel's editorial is quite good. In fact, probably some of the best and most creative looks I've seen in US Vogue in quite some time...the look with the JW Anderson dress, Birkin bag and black umbrella, the Loewe look with the Gucci luggage and the white fur look are super fabulous.

In a certain way, those three looks in particular seem to capture some of the same kind of spirit US Vogue used to have in it's late 90's/early 00's glory days...aspirational, sophisticated, grown up...in fact they look so good, I almost with the shoot had been in studio with a seamless...they are compelling enough and stand on their own and don't need a location shoot.

Lol Gigi is such a hit or miss - her editorial here definitely looks like a miss. She looks like she's trying wayyy too hard. On the other hand, Raquel looks absolutely amazing in her ed!

Hmm I think Kendall is turning into a decent model. Not amazing, but not embarrassingly bad, like she was when she first started.

Very captivating cover! Daisy was not who I was expecting to be on the cover but nonetheless, she looks stunning. And I quite like Gigi's editorial...her print work has drastically improved over the years.

If there is one thing that I don't like or understand is why would people go outside to have a shoot, then bring the grey canvas with them?
"Look at all this beautiful nature, which could be such a beautiful background, let's put this grey canvas in front of it to cover it up".

KICKING IT
Hair: Tamara Mcnaughton
Make-Up: Sally Branka
Model: Gigi Hadid & Hannah Ferguson

Vogue USA Digital Edition

ESCAPE ARTISTRY
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Benjamin Bruno
Hair: Shon
Make-Up: Diane Kendal