US Vogue October 2015 : Lupita Nyong'o by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

jeffandtheworld

Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2015_09_17_at_7_14_53_PM_copy.jpg

US VOGUE instagram

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous Lupita!
Don't really like the sculptural hairdo, makes her face looking a bit weird, also not a fan of the background colour.

She's wearing Valentino:

vogue

It's too flat. Looks copy-pasted.

Wow this is bad, she is gorgeous, and that is a great face, but the background, text alyout, entrie art direction is so incredibly cheap!! I have seen Elle covers that looked better than this!

Gotta say I love it. The styling is fantastic, metallics always work so well on her :smile: I don't even mind the background, somehow it works.
Both her covers are just lovely, hard to pull specially for US Vogue imo...

Photographers: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Vernon François
Makeup: Nick Barose

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
When speaking of the devil.
It's not a great cover but that's mostly because of the awful background.
Lupita looks good though, and that Valentino dress is gorgeous.

Must say, I really didn't think Mert & Marcus would ever work for US Vogue again.

Edit: gorgeous editorial!

What a glorious spread, more than makes up for the lackluster cover, it also makes me wonder how many great cover shots that ed had, and Wintour ended up using such a plain one!

The Chanel shot in the editorial was most DEFIANTLY supposed to be a cover choice. Looks like actual cover was a rushed afterthought.

She looks sublime in most shots from the cover story. I agree that the cover looks flat, especially when contrasted against the sheen of the Valentino gown. They should've just gone for all-out gold, like a gold masthead for instance.

Wow this is bad, she is gorgeous, and that is a great face, but the background, text alyout, entrie art direction is so incredibly cheap!! I have seen Elle covers that looked better than this!

That's my first thought as well, how much it resembles an Elle cover. The feature is is just breathtakingly beautiful. How was the 5th shot not selected as a cover???

I really like this cover. That dress is perfect on her.

The fifth shot should have been the cover!! It's laid back and it's gorgeous. It's not trying to be something that it's not.

Although I am bothered... What is happening with the skin? Is it just me or does she shine like a wax figure? The highlights are beyond me!! And did M&M change their photography style? Their recent works have been different starting with their VP feature for August.

The cover itself does nothing for me. It looks so forced. I love the hair but damn that pose is awful. And the background is too much considering it's not even something.

Stunning spread!! The cover leave a lot to be desired but that spread is just glorious!!! Lupita is a godess!! :wub:

I'd love to know the explanation for the fake and awful background on the cover. Lupita looks stunning but it looks so cheap.

It's really a shame because her cover story is without a doubt one of the greatest celebrity spreads they've produced in a long loooooong time :heart:. Mert & Marcus killed it. Great styling too. There're only fantastic shots that would've made fantastic covers, especially the Chanel one

Gorgeous editorial! it doesn't look very M&M, more like a mix between Meisel and Testino though... I like the cover but I agree that other shots would have been better, the first shot (from a different angle) has a vibe to old Meisel covers :smile:

Regarding her skin, it shines like that irl as well... it's insane :wub:

M&M covers for US Vogue just DON'T WORK. This is beyond terrible.

I am not sure if there's a photographer left that M&M did not manage to copy ;-D ...and when you copy Testino and not even at his best it's pretty depressing... probably working with M&M is a money and time saving venture because you can just ask them to pretend to be Meisel, Teller or Testino and they'll bake it for you...
The cover is unfortunately quite boring and that brown/grey background is just ruining it for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->