US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

I dislike that Sienna says she invented Boho. Does she think we're that stupid?

ahhh don't mind sienna too much, it's US vogue...what do you expect? they've put much worse celebrities on it before *cough* paris hilton, at least sienna miller is somewhat correlated with fashion, whether you think her personal style is awful or not. I'd rather her than be blinded by someone repulsive such as Amy Winehouse.

Chanel Iman mentioned on MySpace that she worked with Meisel twice after the May cover. She might show up in this issue, most likely in an multi girl ed with Trentini and the usual US Vogue cast :lol:

Still, Sienna: ewww. Just sick and tired of the media forcing her down our throats as this gorgeous fashion icon. Uh, no, I really don't know what they see. I will still never be able to pick her out from a crowd inspite of media's attempts to sell her as this ultra-hot babe. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tone it down everyone...if you reserve personal issue with a post by another user, please settle things through PM. Try to be tactful and respectful to others active in this thread -- do consider the strong diversity existent within our forum's membership.

Thank you ^_^

Conde Nast/Vogue is at the epitome of a competitive industry, thus if the powers-that-be feel that Sienna will generate good sales in the public market for a month, then so be it...with the "largest ever" slogan still intact for this issue, I'm sure there'll be enough other content within the magazine for even the most outspoken Sienna critics :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what?

Vogue won. Because no matter how much smack you guys talk on tFs, we all know you, like me, are going to buy it the moment you see it on the shelf at Walmart, Barnes and Noble or wherever. Heck, you might even skip lunch or be a few bucks short on a necessity so you can buy it.

Personally, I think Sienna is a pretty, stylish girl and when it comes to competition for cover stars September 07, I say Vogue came out top dog (Gwyneth looks like a ****** on W and Kate Hudson looks like even she wants to fall asleep on the cover of Harper's Bazzar).

Guess what?

Vogue won. Because no matter how much smack you guys talk on tFs, we all know you, like me, are going to buy it the moment you see it on the shelf at Walmart, Barnes and Noble or wherever. Heck, you might even skip lunch or be a few bucks short on a necessity so you can buy it.

True. True. Damn you , KhaoticKarma!:lol:

So when exactly will this be at newstands? The last monthly magazine I bought was last September...

Sienna:

That's disapointing, not because I hate S. Miller, but it's always the same people on the cover of that Vogue. I would have loved to see Beyoncé, Patricia Arquette or Christina Applegate at least. But it should be better if it was a model as Daria, Anja or Heather on the cover. Anna Wintor S****!!! She's should be just the editor of Vogue Men (I like tennis player Roger Federer) and leave Vogue women to someone else.

Um...maybe we should make seperate thread for everyone to argue about U.S. vogue.

I came here expecting to see a picture. Not 12 pages of debate.

everyone complains and critizices "the crap" but when anyone buy the magazine the same everyones say "scan me this please" or "I can't wait to see X ed" .. it's funny :lol:

13 pages and not a single picture of the cover, let alone a word about the actual content :rolleyes:

all comments regarding what improvements, models, etc. should be in US vogue have been moved to this thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...r-how-improve-revamp-vogue-america-24192.html

any further debate on the subject should be posted there...
any further debate on celebs vs. models on mag covers should be posted here:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f78/celebs-vs-models-magazine-covers-597.html

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TAKING THIS THREAD OFF TOPIC.
posts in this thread should be related to this issue only. any off-topic posts will be moved to the appropriate thread.

source:nypost

VOGUE
Pages: 840
Price: $4.99
Weight: 5 pounds

Hits: After wading through the ads - Hello? Editorial? Come out, come out wherever you are - the introduction to the main fashion pictures, on p. 695, sets up the notion that we have returned to the spirit of ’20s and ’30s worldly party girls who are witty, sophisticated and spectacularly turned-out. The main fashion event kicks off with some crazy beautiful clothes and segues to Shalom Harlow looking like a Russian Constructivist robot girl in eco-conscious settings, and cover girl Sienna Miller shot in Rome as a bird of paradise. Aside from the usual impeccably manicured fare in the upfront pages, Jessica Kerwin’s account, on p. 386, of leaving behind 10 years as a Paris-based fashion journalist to tend to leprosy patients in India after a marriage breakup is a jolt of reality.

Misses: A little predictable. Michelle Obama is a popular first lady in waiting. She’s in Elle, too.

News You Can Use: The View section, “No Fear of Chic,” p. 456, examines in several features, self-servingly of course, why women are so afraid of puttin’ on the ritz and how to work fall’s most intimidating accessories, p. 548. “Brights! Camera! Action!” p. 746, reinforces the message of dressing in color blocks (not sure about them half-calf socks, though) and the vampy gals in “Paris, je t’aime” p. 758, make you want to layer on the gloves and glitter and all that jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SofiaP
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->