US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Wow. US Vogue really is LAME. Not only do they recycle models - they recycle editorials and concepts too!!! GREAT ORIGINALITY Anna! :innocent:

September 2007 (left) and February 2007 (right:(

**Please do not quote images**

scans by lucyinthesky and matheus_s

Well ANNA is an old Brit with old Ideas. all she can do now is recycle the trash she brought to Vogue in the Late 80s. Its time for new BLOOD. :cry:

I don't think anyone one has real say what goes into these issues other than her. People are just there as puppets just to give off the impression that people are in deed collaborating to get something done "right".

Last edited by a moderator:
daria looks gorgeous, but of course her editorial is boring. the paris je t'aime ed is so gorgeous. it reminds me a bit of the shining, the end part in the gold ball room. i love it.

would it kill Wintour to use different models..

that said the Paris editorial is pretty

So true, and as a Canadian I will stand up and fight for our beloved Coco :angry:

On another note, Shalom looks gorgeous in her ed and I am so happy to see her in Vogue US. I am happy to see Agyness, even though most dislike her I think she looks great in editorials. I can't wait to get this issue ^_^
Thank you for the scans matheus_s and alix* :flower: I will give you karma if I can ^_^

Jeez! You act like he killed Coco! Keep it together! Don't have a cow, etc.

Thank you matheus s and alix*!:heart:

So true, and as a Canadian I will stand up and fight for our beloved Coco :angry:

On another note, Shalom looks gorgeous in her ed and I am so happy to see her in Vogue US. I am happy to see Agyness, even though most dislike her I think she looks great in editorials. I can't wait to get this issue ^_^
Thank you for the scans matheus_s and alix* :flower: I will give you karma if I can ^_^

Oh Cocolandia we stand on guard for thee! :lol: And that guy in the Levi's ad is p*ssing me off too!

My fave is the 'Paris Je T'Aime editorial. I'm surprised at the inside content of the magazine. I just hope the cover had the same intensity as the eds. I can't make out the faces though, and I thought short hair Daria was on the 'Power Players' one.

Editorial List:

- Coco Rocha & Raquel Zimmermann in "New Sensations" by Craig McDean (16 pages)
- Shalom Harlow in "Power Players" by Steven Klein (14 pages)
- Caroline Trentini in "Brights! Camera! Action! by Patrick Demarchelier (12 pages of jumping)
- Caroline Trentini, Coco Rocha, Sasha Pivovarova, Agyness Deyn, Gemma Ward, Guinevere van Seenus in "Paris, Je T'aime" by Steven Meisel (16 pages)
- Daria Werbowy in "Shift into Neutral" by Inez & Vinoodh (8 pages)
- Coco Rocha & Caroline Trentini in "Pat, inc." by Steven Meisel (2 pages)
- Sienna Miller in "8 1/2" by Mario Testino (16 pages)

i'm sorry, but are you f-in kidding me???
anna talks about "the return of the supermodel," then she give us this?
where's lily donaldson, stam, doutzen, hilary rhoda?? even chanel iman?
instead of fulfilling her promise, and showcasing the girls she's deemed as the next to accept the mantle, she rehashes editorials and girls...
this is not why i buy the september issue...

thank goodness for daria and shalom...bringing the whoop and representing true supermodel-dom...
and i'm so happy to see a pat mcgrath profile...
thank you for all the preview pics...:flower:

and mota3089, it's fine to not like a model (lord knows i'm not a coco fan), but there is a way to express your opinion without being so harsh...

Well for a sept. issue, it's pretty disappointing... I would say a lot disappointing....
I'm surprised by myself (eventhough I do not care about Sienna...) but the Sienna editorial looks quite good...
Daria by Inez & Vinoodh is just a shame!!!! You've chose Inez&Vinoodh and Daria to shoot an accessoires editorial???? you're kidding me, right? If I were a psycho-fan-killer, I'll shoot Anna for that... you CANNOT pick them to do this... that's not possible!!!!!! the first picture of the editorial looks gorgeous and promising and then hop a shoot of your hand, a shoot of your feet... no way... I'm not paying 7€ to see Inez & Vinoodh shooting foot and hands...

Coco & Raquel by Meiseil looks pretty good... esp. because I see some Giles Deacon...But Meisel in studio is not interesting to me...

Shalom and Steven Klein = I loooove it!!!!
it's pure Steven Klein...Shalom is rocking...isn't it an editorial about our Future and ecology??? I see a little thing like this... but Steven Klein's editorial for Uomo Vogue about this issue was way much better... even if this one looks great...

Caroline Trentini by Demarchelier is boring... and omfg, I hate these hairs... Coco's got the same when shooting with Raquel... this is sooo lame... this haircut is so politicaly correct, I hate it!

Paris je t'aime is the second one I like... inspired by John Galliano's FW08 show, non??? I'm really impressed by the styling... honestly I didn't see that much 1920's influenced outfits on the catwalk, but the stylist (WHO IS SHE??????) manages to make it...it's very good!!!
Guinevre and Sasha rock it... they make it work very good... as well for the other models (except Agyness... this girl is really not working for me... I don't understand the big thing around her...but her Nadja Auerman's moment alone with the fur collar is good! I must say it) eventhough I'm tiiiiiired of the Années Folles cliché for Paris, I think it looks ok...
the styling is good, the photos are too... and Guinevre... wow!!! she's fabulous in her solo shooting...

but 840p. for this????? are there really 727p. of ads?????
when I'm seeing a 840p. issue, I'm waiting for more than these in editorials part... I'm waiting for 10 editorials, at least...
Anna you're such a commercial woman... you suck! a "good mix btw art and commerce"???? ahahah you managed to fool the people....
What are the articles about???

With Ireland following you not far behind...

In terms of the editorials posted so far - much appreciated - I do feel like I've seen all this before, both in terms of styling and model selection. While I wasn't expecting fireworks, I didn't think I'd see so much repetitiveness on those two counts. I'll buy it anyway, like people say, for the neverending ads, but it's a sad day when you're not flipping forward to the editorials first.

The problem with Vogue (and other US mags) is that they have the too-colourful matte finish. They should just leave some editorials untouched, give it an airy feeling.

I pretty much thought hell would freeze over before Anne Hathaway got the cover ^_^

Oh yes, but the irony:lol:

Sadly I seriously doubt Anna Wintour has a sense of humor, otherwise she must realise that putting that Trentini bird in every single bloody issue is just ridiculous.. :rolleyes:

and the cover is just killing me.. i don't have anything against Sienna, i thinks she's quite pretty and she seems friendly and lively, but what a terrible shot:doh:

Vogue is as Vogue does. There is a certain repetitive nature that will always exist within the magazine - at least until Anna steps down as editor and to be truthful I don't expect Anna to retire for at least another hundred or so years. In the year 2150 Anna Wintour will be running Vogue from a cryogenic freezer, mark my words.

Portions of the editorial content look like rehashes, Brights! Camera! Action! seems like a sort of a greatest hits mismash of edits from this and last year but there are other things that excite me. The Daria edit looks amazing, granted there is no such thing as a bad Daria edit but still it looks lovely in the preview. Its also so good to see Shalom in Vogue again.

And Guinevere van Seenus!!!:woot:

I feel like I (and a generation of other girls) grew up with Shalom and Amber in our Vogues every month. I remember being maybe 12 or so and thinking they were the coolest most glamorous girls ever. Anna seems to be bringing the 90s girls back and I'm all for it - last months' Amber edit made me pretty happy too.

This is really the summer of Sasha - I think her September cover tally is already impressive but when you think about it with her Prada contract and cover/editorial dominace its really hard to open up a magazine and not see her. There is at least 1 page of Pivavorova in every September issue and I'm all for it. This editorial looks great - its got that historical romantic vibe US Vogue does so well, their themed shoots are always brilliant.

Can't wait to see more - especially Life with Andre and the Index. And Sienna's edit as well - Testino is one of my favorites.

I love "Paris Je T'aime"!
The title, the models and the clothes!
I also love the style!

Could that ed be the subtle answer to the Vogue Paris editorial with Anna Wintour?

Vogue US SEP 2007 Cover and "New Sensations" (model: Raquel Z, Coco Rocha by Craig McDean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhLaLaLa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->