US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

good issue i liked much the Steven Klein , Mario Testino and IVLamsweeerde VMatadin edits, the eds of Steven Meisel and Demarchelier i think are borings.

The Daria editorial is sensational. :wub: She looks so stunning and I'm excited to add this to my collection of her work. :wub: Daria is one of those models who rarely makes me question why she's one of my favorites.

Maybe it's just the huge Caroline Trentini fan in me, but I think she looks gorgeous. I understand what people are saying about her constantly being in US Vogue, but come on, put yourself in her shoes. You're adored by arguably the most influential woman in fashion who wants to put you almost every issue of her magazine. They may not be the most interesting editorials, but she always looks great. (In my opinion, of course :P) It would be nice to see more varitey, of course, but Caroline isn't so terrible. ^_^

Thanks for the scans agneslo. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just the huge Caroline Trentini fan in me, but I think she looks gorgeous. I understand what people are saying about her constantly being in US Vogue, but come on, put yourself in her shoes. You're adored by arguably the most influential woman in fashion who wants to put you almost every issue of her magazine. They may not be the most interesting editorials, but she always looks great. (In my opinion, of course :P) It would be nice to see more varitey, of course, but Caroline isn't so terrible. ^_^

Thanks for the scans agneslo. :flower:

I agree. She is the only girl who's been in every issue for the last year and more! VOGUE US, though not the most creative, is perhaps the most powerful and widely read fashion magazine in the world, and to be part of it is great. Good for you Caroline!

OMG I just noticed this in the index (some pages are missing by the way...)

here is how the index is cut
on p.96 "continued from p.54" (= 42p. of ads in btw...)
on p.146 "continued from p.96" (= 50p. of ads in btw...)
on p. 186 "continued from p.146 (= 40p. of ads in btw )

you have to go through more than 180p. just to get the index complete...
that's just insane!!!! sorry but that's insane!!!
and I'm not even talking about Letter of the Editor or Andre's Hysteric Life or whatever...
and now... I'm reading the index to see if there's sthg interesting...

I love Coco and Caroline but it really wasn't necessary to put them in every single ed!! :lol:

I couldn't agree more!! Caroline has done some great stuff, Coco has done some great stuff, but it hasn't been in US Vogue.

with so many ads there should be a haute couture editorial supplement or something extra like that

Screen Idol p. 511
Fashion won't forget p.539
Designs on the future p.546
Tech-tiles p.574
and maybe more...

Editor's letter is on page 208....
how many $ does this swindle cost????
Citizen K, you know, costs only 1€ and I'm sure they have less ads....

Quote:
She is the only girl who's been in every issue for the last year and more! VOGUE US, though not the most creative, is perhaps the most powerful and widely read fashion magazine in the world, and to be part of it is great. Good for you Caroline!
by the way, is Caroline dating Anna's son???? if yes, then I'm not surprised...
maybe she's dating Bee??? or director casting???
I wanna know why she's in every issue...
+ how many covers did she do??? I wanna see them...
because she's in every issue editorials part... but i'm not sure i've seen her very often on covers...
mmm...

^replying to my own...
according to hfgl (who's got a big library of fashion editorials + ads + covers) she's been more on Audi magazine than on Vogue Us covers...
c'mone Anna give her at least one cover...

well she's only been on the vogue cover once (the 10 models cover) considering anna only gives her covers to actresses... or natalia vodianova !
But I swear i'll scream if a model gets a cover and it's Trentini :doh:

WOW Siennas edit is unusually long for a celeb feature,Anna must truly adore her to approve so many pictures of her edit.Its not good but few of the pictures are stunning.But in some shoots she looks like Sharon Stone.

Meisels edit is absoloutely brilliant i will buy this issue just because of that edit.Others are quite bland.Dairas edit is so disappointing :(

Agneslo:Thanks a million for all the scans. :flower: :heart:

:lol: oh come on! if someone deserves the US Vogue cover, it's Caroline!
or Coco or Sasha :innocent:

but back to point...
i dont know why is everyone going crazy because of trentini being in every issue. of course its ridiculous to compare but who was screaming and puking because of linda, naomi, claudia etc. being EVERYWHERE back in the nineties? :lol: i think caroline is a supercute pretty young girl and her looks are considered desirable worldwide - in our globalized society. so are probably the jumping studio shoots. they are intelligible, well-aranged, decent, yet fun, artsy and NEW (regarding to old static poses) - and mirror the modern mobile world. of fashion.

:shock: whatever. :lol:
i love this issue. really gorgeous edits, wish they were longer (like the ones in january italian vogues). and they could have also come up with something new, paris is lovely and all but omg it's so old. lol
my heart exulted when i saw that pic of wardovarova in one pic :crush: SMILING AT EACH OTHER :crush:
because for some reason i always thought they were cold-ish to each other, and now this...
mushy.gif

oh well, cant wait to get it, just for the ads :shock: i'll probably have to buy two train tickets when going home with that :lol:

thanks a lot for scans agneslo! :flower:

if someone deserves it it's EUGENIA :doh:

And i don't mind caroline being in every issue of Vogue US, but i mind seeing her in boring eds with boring outfits - it always looks the same. But then again the problem isn't really Caroline, it's Vogue itself !

I'd rather see Trentini on the cover for a whole year than ever have to see these boring middle of the road 'actresses' on the cover.

BerlinRocks said:
that's not possible... we are already on sept. and Vogue US is still playing the catwalk looks editorials... make work your imagination.... the same the same the same, I feel like reading Harpers&Bazaar issues after the collections....

I really agree on this point...it's only September but I can't see any of the Balenciaga jackets for the rest of this year :doh: I've seen all the looks in other editorials before... must be one of the reasons W already started using pieces from the cruise collections for their September issue

The Daria edit is quite nice...good to see I&V doing an edit for US Vogue again :smile:

Regarding Trentini...just give her a cover and get over with it...devote one LAST issue entirely to Trentini..let her jump and bend in every way she can, and make sure she does never appear in US Vogue again :rolleyes: there are plenty of other models waiting for the opportunity to be featured in US Vogue. It's a shame, because I think Trentini is a great model, I really liked her edits for Numero and Vogue Paris.

Also very interesting choice to have Sienna wearing Marchesa on the cover :huh: :innocent:

Oh dear...first of all, thank you all of the scans!!

& but you ruin my whole theory about why Finland gets these issues so late...because the mags have to be shipped from the states :lol: because HK and Sao Paulo are far far too! And there was a discussion about the paper quality too -- so I want to know does anyone know whre are US Vogues printed? All over the world or US only? Because it's weird to see that September issue already sold in Hong Kong when we're on July issue / it's not out in US! Also about the price, US Vogue is 7,60 and other vogues are pricier (Spanish 18 euros!!!!!)...so I really wonder where does my US Vogue / Vogues come from.

I really want to buy this for the ads, it's a long ads catalog really...I just hope there isn't too much those walmart spreads and instead whole ad spreads of Prada/Burberry etc. So far from the editorials, I'm liking the Paris editorial and the one with Shalom, they're gorgeus. Not much to say really about all this...if I want great styling and fresh modeling/photographer choices US Vogue is not what I'm looking for. I know that. We all know that but still...Gah, US Vogue really bores me...it's like every issue is the same, the colour scheme/ lightning/ideas/text on covers are always the same no matter what issue!!And still..this will be my 4th US Vogue this year...:(

No fashion shots of Michelle Obama?? I wanna see!!! :D

yes I concur with all that have written about Vogue US' perpetual boring-ness lol...A lot of eds, in every single edition, are just a girl by herself, against a plan grey or white background, usually jumping, or twisting her body this way and that, knees and elbows jutting out alarmingly, featuring the same 5 or 7 models (coco, caroline t, agyness, sasha, etc), with little coy smiles, wearing about 3 or 4 layers of clothes...i think it's Demachelier that does these eds, I know he's old, but jeesh, US vogue seems to be phoning it in these days...it' s like a formula, you can picture half of the eds in your mind before you look at the magazine each month., very predictable and formulaic. I mean, even Marie Claire for god's sake even has better editoirals most of the time...and it's effing marie claire, it's not in the same league as us vogue

i'll buy this issue just for the paris ed. that and the hundreds of ads. someone earlier had posted how seeing another caroline jumping editorial made them sick to their stomach, and i have to agree with that. oh caroline. please. have a seat already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konnos
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->