US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

^ hm well I wouldn't say Kate Moss is a nobody here in the US :shock: I do think she's far more popular in the UK than here, but most people know who she is - for better or worse :lol:

^ hm well I wouldn't say Kate Moss is a nobody here in the US :shock: I do think she's far more popular in the UK than here, but most people know who she is - for better or worse :lol:

it depends, I'm here with 15 people around me, I have asked them if they know wko Kate Moss is and 12 of them doesn't know it, they know Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet, Kate Beckinslae and Kate Bosworth but sadly not Kate Moss. :cry:

2 more said that she's the woman of the newspaper but they even didn't remember the name of the newspaper (The Daily Mirror)

and finally 1 person said that she's the model who was the girlfriend of Johnny Depp.

This really isn't the place to start a Kate Moss debate...:innocent::lol:

^indeed, Kate Moss has nothing to do with this thread. plese get back on topic, guys.

haha, you're right Day it's not. I will refrain from further comment on the matter -_-

You know, I'm not going to lie: sometimes I'm curious to see photoshoots with celebrities. I think they tend to fill the clothes better and it can be fun to see them outside of their element. Just my personal opinion...

However, I think there is a place for celebrities on covers (Interview, Elle...whatever), but Vogue and W?? Absolutely not!!

The paradox is, Vogue is supposed to be the one magazine out of all of them that is completely, utterly and purely devoted to F A S H I O N. This, of course, excludes celebrities. And, you know, I think it says a lot about Anna Wintour's morals and her devotion to the art of fashion (or lack there of) that she has let Vogue stoop so low. It used to be a venerated, honorable magazine among the fashion elite...now it's just a joke.

sorry but this is "historicaly" false...
Celebrities were, and they are taking back this role, real fashion Icon... Do you know a model from the Marlene Dietrich time?

Supermodels is typicaly 1990s, models are typically 1950s-1980s... and now in the US we are back to this time - old time, when celebrities were the role model, the style icon... it's very classic, very dated but why not...

Vogue US is trying to get it back to its roots and knows well the society we're living in... even in August we saw Amber Valetta in a so modern arty background...(when you think, back in the 1940s, the models were posing in front of contemporary Mondrian or Man Ray, I'm crying for this misunderstanding of the 2000s contemporary art)

Eventhough, I think Anna Wintour is loosing Vogue US sense and got a lot of negative points, I think she understands our society very well... She knows an actress or singer is now more "bankable" than a model for a fashion house (just look Scarlett Johanson for Louis Vuitton... Kim Basinger for MiuMiu etc.)... models are loosing their role in fashion in front of the real and not-specialized public... Don't you remember all the critics when a Naomi, Cindy, Claudia walks the catwalk... "they are getting more attention than my outfits"...:innocent:

A lot of people are screaming out because models do not reprensent anylonger the "normal" women (or men...) and celebrities are taking back this role...
In the 1950s, with the ready-to-wear, the Unknown people wanted more women and girls that looked like them, so here started the big models time... but Celebrities are now the people who took this role... It's our society, it's like that...

Ask on the streets, people know more Gwyneth or Winona or Angelina Jolie than Sasha or Tanya D., but in the 1990s they knew very well Naomi or Cindy...

So, could we move on about this models vc celebs subject...??? we are on it for now + 3yrs and Anna Wintour hasn't changed her mind...:innocent:
she must sell her magazine...

as mma said, the info is credible, but i do dislike reading through pages of filler until i can find a pic...
yeah, especially when all here seems to hate Sienna and page after page they told how wrong this is even if we haven't seen cover. But it could not be good you know :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this is the shoot she did. In the Sienna thread these pictures' info said she was in Italy shooting for US Vogue with Mario Testino.

66my16h.jpg

6ccu6pg.jpg

:sick::sick::sick::sick:
6hie15c.jpg

4rbhx81.jpg

http://www.sienna-miller.org/gallery/login.php

Well, that Alberta Feretti isn't working for her at all. But I'm going to wait until editorial pictures come out in order to say anything further.

she looks hilarious here, sorry. even the clothes look bad on her....

She is awful at those pics, who chose the outfits??? Horrendous
and the hair the make up PUAJ:sick:

I think Sienna was gorgeous by the time boho/hippie chic was in, then the whole fashion scenario changed, and she couldn't find a new place, so now she is so messy at events, she is dressing horribly lately

I think I could like the pictures with the clerical people...
the 3rd picture is weird... I cannot wait to see her arms in the real editorial...:innocent:

she looks hideous in the third shot :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kate2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->