V Magazine #150 Fall 2024 : Gigi Hadid by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Sort of surprised at the general dislike over this... I'm no great fan of Gigi or her work, but I thought she looked really lovely here. Perhaps the best she's looked in a really long time, which is mostly thanks to the makeup that makes her resemble Bella. The glitter and the art direction aren't great and it's far from V's best... But I find that I have no strong feelings of negativity towards this. So... a win? I dunno

Seen better. Seen worse, both from Gigi Hadid and Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin. Not the worst covers I've seen from V Magazine either and they perhaps do feel like a non-event but I like them both, in addition to the collage art direction.

After pregnancy her face never went back to its “before” status.

I like both A LOT and I think she looks great!
Gigi’s work has been more misses than hits lately so this is refreshing to observe!
the first one is perfect for V Magazine and the second one is a beautiful portrait close up. and by I&V whose photography has been terrible of late.

bring the editorial!

I genuinely thought we as a society had moved past the need for Gigi Hadid.

This is when I wish they had a million covers because these 2 are ROUGH!

The first cover was a mis step, wrong angle and hairstyle plus that scrapbook art. The second image is beautiful and perfect for their masthead just hate the torn part.

What a horror - to realize that after 15 years you still do the same bad sh** that nobody cares about.

Print or Inez and Vinood’s photographic attempts ?!?
Good question, but really… print, it’s hard to single out Inez and Vindooh as the worst right now.

Frankly, it’s what V deserves after removing the V Files Archives. Same with L’Officiel sliding into oblivion now that their archives disappeared (jealouxgallery RIP 🌹)!

Good question, but really… print, it’s hard to single out Inez and Vindooh as the worst right now.

Frankly, it’s what V deserves after removing the V Files Archives. Same with L’Officiel sliding into oblivion now that their archives disappeared (jealouxgallery RIP 🌹)!
Agreed, but print can still be cool and inspiring. Just not V magazine and tackyness of Inez and Vinoohd 🤷🏼‍♀️

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->