Versace F/W 09.10 Milan

What I don't like about the show is how they match the color of the bag with the color of the dress to me it's kind of bridesmaidy. PS the music was awesome as always!!

Raquel got contrac with Fendi that's why she skip milan at FW08 & SS09.

My favorite as always, classy, young, dark, sophisticate, fierce, the hair, the make up, EVERYTHING.

Love Versace.

Does anybody know if the "Boom Boom Pow" song is a remix or something?
Because I've download it but it seems very different from the one played during the show :ninja:

WOW :heart: I'm loving it to death, Versace just keeps getting better. It's refreshing to see clothes that are just beautiful, and nothing else. This is amazing

The only dress I remotely like is the one on Vlada.

I'm not ashamed to say that I hate this collection.

I read the style section of the washington post
this morning..they bashed dsquared2, pucci, gucci about the 80s
reference but praised Versace..it was funny hearing them say Dsquared2 and Gucci
getting compared to H&M and GAP

The 2nd part with the evening dresses is absolutely divine. The gowns are so beautiful. I´m sure we´ll see some of them soon on the red carpet.

TREVO, thats actually really interesting since VERSACE did 80s the most intenseley I think. But they did it the best.
DSquared NEEDS to be bashed, until its brains are all over the floors, they were horrible this season.

^^:lol: Kinda agree though.B)
After watching the full video of the show, I'm not as disappointed as before. Some os the pieces especially the dresses work a lot better than they look in print.:D
I take back what I said about the long black dress on Karmen P. ......it looked amazing in movement. Yulia K. was working it here and she looked great in both her outfits.
I still think this show is a backward step for the brand, but have a little more respect for their efforts now.B)

for the ones who asked about the soundtrack,

the list is

In Flagranti "Convolution"

In Flagranti "Futile Attempt"

In Flagranti "We Make Love in a House Made of Glass"

Black Eyed Peas "Boom Boom Pow" mixed with Punk Division's "Seven Nation"

Punk Division's "Seven Nation"

Looking back at this collection after some time has passed, I can say that about 50% of this collection is stunning. Another 40% is acceptable. 10% leaves me wanting for more.

The strong jet black, charcoal, silver and gunmetal opening is very very sexy and definitive. That said, I wish Versace was brave enough to change the material for all those short jersey dresses. Something different, lush, and a little more experimental and appropriate for a fall collection. Even some wool mix would work better. I like the shapes and the belted waist (this is Versace after all), but jersey draping is soooo tired for Versace now.

Some of the chicest coats, and very in tune with the other successful shows of Milan like Prada. Obviously, they are still very Versace with the healthy dose of glitter and shimmer. I wish the use of fur was a little more creative and tasteful. It would also nice to see Donatella not to include navy to one of her collections. It seems like midnight blue/navy are her go to colors all the time. A new hue is long overdue.

This is a user-friendly collection and it ignited so much press already and the season did not even start yet. The evening gowns look too summer-y, and I do not like that 'plastic surgery stitch' looking detail that adorns some of them. I would have wanted to see the hair as a proper chignon that would compliment the clothes so much better.

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RUNWAY. It is dark and very Versace. I hope she keeps this design and structure for a couple of seasons to come.

^ Im actually in love with navy and midnight blue, and no one masters it better than Donatella. She makes it luxurious and totally sexy.

Everyone is completely hating the hair and makeup and I admit it makes the models look older and disturbing but thats the exact reason why I love it. Everything about the show is so severe; the scraped-back hair, the unforgiving thigh high slits, the strong metal belts and the blinding makeup. It all gives the whole collection a whole personality not just a look. There's more to the outfits than just "sexy and glamorous". There's a whole attitude that goes with it. I think a lot of designers miss this point.

Pasha the runway is the same U-Shaped runway that was used in Spring 2005 and Fall 2005. I completely love it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->