Vogue Italia March 2014 : Saskia de Brauw by Steven Meisel

Reaction score
IJIqisP.jpg

Unplugged style. The strength of instinctivity lays bare the deepest self. And style emerges in its most authentic, unique, personal version. This is what happens with a perfume like J'Adore by Dior, that changes on the skin taking on always new, different hues. And the tribal allure of the Masai-inspired bottle is translated into an iconic jus within which the floral notes of jasmine sambac, Damascus rose, ylang ylang and tuberose find perfect harmony. Completing the alchemy are: sandalwood, vetiver and the fruity hint of a plum. Sweet and sensual.

One shoulder dress in plissée silk and skirt in silk jersey and tech fabric, Dior. Cordon Michelle Lowe-Holder. Stuffed animals, Frank J. Zitz & Company. Hair Guido for Redken. Make-up Pat McGrath. Manicure Jin Soon Choi for JINsoon. Fashion editor Marie Amélie Sauvé. Set design byMary Howard.
vogue.it

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This is something I need to digest. But definitely I have a very good feeling about it.

Finally! My initial reaction to this was shock which is exactly what I've been waiting for. I love how off Saskia's pose is and how strange the composition is in general. A definite win from Vogue Italia. Hopefully the content will be just as exciting!

Look a very amateur photo

NOPE! Not here for this at all.
(Is it obsessive that I am so bothered that the makeup is off center on her chin?)

one of the most ridiculous covers I've ever seen in my life... and I've seen many...

It looks gimmicky and not good. Are we sure Meisel did this??? It looks really bad.

its a joke , isn´t it? :o :glare:

for me its "Vogue meets National Geographic" :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not what I expected and its definitely very striking but not sure if I like it or not. Interested to see the main editorial.

Bravo! this cover got some feeling, Saskia looks fierce and wild! Love it and so happy for her! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->