Vogue Japan September 2017 by Luigi & Iango

Please don't tell me that all of these are real covers..

Joan solo cover is the best. I also love Lara, Natasha&Lara.
Vittoria looks unnecessary indeed. She doesn't fit in this cast, the other models all have that bombshell factor that she still lacks of (also because of her younger age in comparison to the others who are 24+ whereas she is only 19). I wonder why they didn't go for Irina Shayk. I know she's not the best model out there but I think she would have fitted better in this than Vittoria.

Also, Joan on the cover is a bit of a shock in a good way... aren´t japanese notorious racists?

It shouldn't be, this is oddly enough Joan's 4th Vogue Japan cover (2 of them are OG).

There are too many variations. One for each girl was enough. I'm sure all won't even be printed. Natasha and Anna's covers are the worst for me, while Doutzen and Joan's are the best.

Also, as much as I like Vittoria, a third cover in 2017 alone is way too excessive. I get that Anna Dello Russo must be so ecstatic that we finally have an Italian beauty dominating the fashion scene, but she needs to calm down.

Gosh, I hate the group cover. This is a great cast but the styling doesn't look good. What's with the hats, scarves all paired with such summery tiny tops? This is too much and too crowded for me.

The solo covers, on the another hand, look AMAZING! Can't even decide which one I like best.

Thanks Benn, for the info. I don´t follow her career :smile:

I wonder why they went for b/w with Lara's solo cover, when everyone else is in colour? Or shades of beige.

I hate this.

It's so cheesy. Every girl looks like plastic surgery victim with that makeup and photoshopping.

Everything about it feels so cheap. Like we're all supposed to GAG at this simply because it's a bunch of fan favorite top models, regardless of the end result.

It's stuff like this that really feels like fashion is seriously stuck in such a bad rut. When will it end?! When can we ever move on?!

its hard to be impressed by this when theyve retouched the girls to all look exactly the same.

At least, all the advertisers will be happy!
LVMH (Celine, Marc Jacobs), Kering (Bottega Veneta, Gucci), Prada, Chanel, Armani...Kudos for them for putting Isabel Marant in the cover (Lara's solo).

Some good covers, some bad ones. Classic Luigi & Iango + ADR. A bit predictable....

I would love to see more diversity but i realy feel like it's only a western concern. I really don't think Japanese people and asian people in general are as "upset" as many of "us" to not see asian people on covers. It's a cultural thing and this is a business after all.
The same way we can't really expect a lot of diversity in Russian magazines...It may be sad but it's the reality of our world.

I wonder why they went for b/w with Lara's solo cover, when everyone else is in colour? Or shades of beige.

It’s such a shamble— if these are indeed all published covers. The editor needs to… edit.

On first impression, Joan’s solo and Lara + Natasha dynamic duo are the only ones that matter. Those 2 covers are all you ned to send your message: And for once, the coverlines make sense in context to their shots LOL There’s such giving good face attitude that’s been missing in high fashion these days; the kind of good face that only women like them can give… Joan’s is worthy of launching a thousand ships…. My God— one of the best, and simply striking covers in a long long long time: She effortlessly dominates by sheer force of will. Even in that overpowering coat, which a lesser would easily be swallowed by. Pure lushness.

(Take it easy with the retouching, ladies... Some real lines/textures on women in their 30s is OK.)

Please don't tell me that all of these are real covers..

I know, right?!
Seems this is what happens when you don't have a clear point of view.
The whole thing looks like a giant mish-mash mess.
Some covers look good but there are too many and everything becomes diluted. meh

These are far too many covers! Unnecessary.

Too me, this feels like they were unsure as to what cover they should put out; so they decided to print them all.

I agree with Phuel, the editor needs to edit.

Vogue Japan is seriously lost. It feels like the magazine lost touch of its identity. Gone are the days where commanding covers are released month after month. And imagine Luigi & Iango's beige background makes this magazine a treat? Imagine that.

Put this cover side by side with last month's. Polar opposites! Last month was a disaster, while this feels like an homage to Vogue Italia. Then next month, we'll have a cheesy white background cover again. Lost.

They need a shake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why they didn't go for Irina Shayk.

Because she is a cringe worthy model. Even Kendall would have look better than her and I can't stand Kendall. Have you seen the cover for Vogue Spain? Vittoria at least looks very beautiful.

I would have gone with only one cover. Anna's solo cover is everything they really need, absolutely electrifying. Joan's solo is very generic and everything else unnecessary, while the group picture is just ugly.

But the major problem here is the photography and production. The amount of photoshop with the make-up (same for every one of them) and hair. Ugh, so amateur looking...

While I understand everyone's frustration toward the obvious use of Photoshop here, I'd rather have Luigi & Iango's aesthetic as opposed to Vogue Japan's covers from the past two months. Did everyone forget how horrendous those covers were?

From what I gather, those covers without the cover lines are just editorial previews/teasers for what's to come and won't be on the newsstand (the group shot is the only newsstand cover). All bias aside, Natasha steals the show. The solo cover with the veil and the one with Lara Stone are both flawless. :heart:

JOAN.

That solo cover is absolute FIRE. Love it. Also love the Natasha/Lara one - both stunning women.

I LOVE the cover with Natasha and Lara :heart: it's my favourite! Could do without the others.

Lara's, Natasha's, Doutzens and Joans solo covers are fanastic.
Anna is just meh and Vittoria is just there. The cover of the both of them isn't doing anything either for me.

That groupshot, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->