Vogue Japan September 2017 by Luigi & Iango

The group cover is really unnecessary...Joan pretty much nailed her cover. The way she pulled off the fur coat... her facial expression is EVERYTHING...
I had to do a second look at Vitto... she resembles Kendall on her covers...

Joan's solo cover reminded me of her last Gucci campaign (F/W 2014). Probably because of pink fur!
I would replace Doutzen with another model with dark hair. Maybe the asian one. So it would be 3 blondes and 3 brunettes :stuart:
As for Vittoria, she doesn't even look like herself, imo. She's giving me Irina Shayk x Kendall Jenner vibes. And I think she's a bit out of place here, she got her cover (very similar) with newcomers in February.
And Anna's solo cover is very Vogue Italia for me. Love this one!

Also, I think the real cover is the only group one. The other ones maybe just for social media or something. May be wrong tho.

Eurocentric standards of beauty are poisonous and white models get more than enough attention in the fashion industry.

Not nasty, but powerful and true. Same reason we still need gay pride. Many other issues apply too.

Anyway pretty tired of all of these girls generally but some of them freakin delivered. Lara, Natasja but, surpsingly, best cover hands down: Joan. Don't even care for her normally but damn thats a cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame that the class photo is the final cover...

These lifeless class photo covers is VJ’s signature, I suppose… Much like horrendous art direction is VI’s signature— and pandering to the lowest common denominator is Anna’s Vogue’s signature LOOL

Love these covers - so much better than that monstrosity of an August cover and far better than last years September cover

Also, I think the real cover is the only group one. The other ones maybe just for social media or something. May be wrong tho.
That's probably true. I'd get Joan's and Natasha's covers if these were real.

Here is my two cents

Natasha and Lara killed it.

Doutzen presence did absolutely nothing. This seemed like it wasn't her elements. She's fading in the background

Joan looked like a fish out of water in group and her solo cover is just like that tired Gucci ad. It's redundant. It's literally the same image. I don't understand...

I echoa everyone's feelings. This is VERY VI indeed and wow @ Joan's cover. I literally gasped when I saw it. Hands down the best solo cover.

Vitto and Anna are by far the weakest links here, imo.

Joan looks so photoshopped, not at all what she usually looks like and that's probably why I like it in the first place.

The solo, or duo in come cases, covers are much better, but Joan steals the show! :wub:

Yeah Joan's cover is amazing and all the other ones look really great too! I'm actually surprise there isn't one more cover with Joan & Doutzens in B/W. :D

Natasha, Joan and Vittoria solo covers is my favorites. Worst: Doutzen's solo cover.

I'm always here for a glam group cover with the girls from 2000s. Would've been more impactful with just that one cover tbh. With that being said, Joan's cover and the one with Lara/Natasha are actually the best ones. The rest are forgettable and very unnecessary.

So, according to Vogue Japan Instagram account, all pics posted by far are from fashion story "Cover Girls" :flower:
And the cover is group shot.

Lol, the person who posted that they all look alike, I think someone even backed it up with close-ups, was so right! It's stripped the little charm and excitement that was left for this shoot. With my blinkers off, I'd say this is a cop-out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->