Vogue Nippon November 2009 : Tao Okamoto by Inez & Vinoodh

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
All Tao issue. Explosive! This is a fashion moment as far as I'm concerned. It has been so long since we have seen an Asian face on the cover of Vogue Nippon. Finally a Japanese model gets her due :clap:

2qa5x10.jpg

Image Credit | Models.com

I don't like cover...but ed sounds great :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the cover and the ed. Thanks luxx and tarsha for the pics :flower:.

lol she looks like Jenny Shimizu @ Kane.
It's finally here! :clap:

I'm not a fan of Tao, but maybe this issue will convince me. The November 2008 issue had the same styling as this. But Freja done it better..

The line-up of photographers sounds interesting, though I'm disappointed that Inez & Vinoodh are still shooting Vogue Nippon's cover :ninja: I hoped Mario Sorrenti would continue the cover shooting.
Not a bad cover, btw.

Congratulations Vogue Nippon for the first time in national model on the cover of..

^yes!!!:woot: i am also happy to see a JAPANESE model on their cover. BRAVO!! VOGUE NIPPON TEAM! and there's NO UGLY letters run across her face this time. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
From models.com

Tao Okamoto has always been something special but she moves into the stratosphere with the November edition of Vogue Nippon. With the special all-Tao issue she joins the selective ranks of models major enough to single-handedly command an entire Vogue. Add to this the fact that this is the first time the publication has ever featured an Asian model in this way (Tao is the first Japanese face to grace the cover of Vogue Nippon in nearly a decade) and you have the makings of a moment that transcends fashion. This is a must have issue - inside you’ll find Tao as imagined by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, Glen Luchford, Daniel Jackson and Solve Sundsbo, each photographer portrays her in a different light and each picture shows just what a versatile and dynamic model she truly is.

Though I'm not exactly a fan of Tao's, I think the cover is one of the best for Vogue Nippon this year and it is absolutely great to see a Japanese model grace the cover of Vogue Nippon.

I hate red text on covers. HATE it.
But the pic is pretty cool

So Happy to see her and for a whole issue, good for her?!

The cover reminds me a bit of freja's cover in nov 2008... red text, masculine suit, haircut.
Is it made on purpose?!

is diferent this is good

The covers is pretty cool, it reminds me of The Beatles a bit.
I like the ed. previews as well!
But it's even cooler that she is the first Asian model to have a Vogue dedicated to her!

One of the most interesting all-one-model issue. I'm not her fan but she did a good job. Hats off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->