Vogue Nippon November 2009 : Tao Okamoto by Inez & Vinoodh

I like Tao but the cover is boring. :ninja: I like the fact that she's Japanese and she's on the cover of Vogue Nippon though. :innocent:

Yeay! :clap: A Japanese model on the cover of Japanese Vogue! Banzai! :D

I love this. I think it's great when a country supports their home grown talent and I think mags should do a bit more of it. I always wonder how Chinese or Japanese people feel when they pick up their copy of Vogue and it's just another european white girl on the cover. Can anyone give me feedback on how they feel about this?

Some more previews:

tao_nippon_12.jpg tao_nippon_17.jpg tao_nippon_16.jpg tao_merge_01.jpg tao_merge_02.jpg tao_vogue_nippon_25.jpg tao_vogue_nippon_36.jpg tao_merge_05.jpg tao_vogue_nippon_26.jpg

suprememanagement.com/being

Last edited by a moderator:
^Very nice. I especially like the two close up shots.

can't wait to see all of the eds, i like the cover, it's very cool

I don't like the composition of the cover. I would've preferred her more in the middle with her head over the font, but I guess that's just Vogue Nippon's signature to have the font over the model. The editorial featured on models.com aren't great, though the ones rox_yr_sox posted are much better. Good for Tao either way!

i just got this issue, nothing much except Tao has four eds.
"The Kiss of Demons'' by Mark Segal
"Hard to Impress" by Daniel Jackson
"My Colourful Furry Friend" by Glen Luchford
"An Expression of Beauty" by Solve Sundsbo

Sophie Srej has an ed

I love tao, she's very photogenic, great model, but the cover doesn't do her any justice, if she's the first asian model on Vogue Nippon in 6? 7? years how about the first model to be on a VOGUE cover wearing... ummm shades?! There's nothing to hide for putting a model of their own nationality on the cover!

I'm delighted that Tao got this cover, I really am. Lord knows she deserves the admiration she's getting at the moment. But isn't it a bit... premature? She's hardly reached the status of Lara or Natasha or any of the other models who have had entire issues of a magazine dedicated to her. And this is coming from someone who lists Tao as one of my top ten models. I just think it would've been nicer to see an all-Tao extravaganza at least a couple more seasons into her career, that would allow her to cross the line from girl of the moment to top model. As it is now, I'm a little worried this will be over-exposure:unsure:

Although it would be nice to see Vogue Nippon foster a special relationship with Tao in the same vein as Carine's with Lara, Anna's with Karlie, or even Alexandra's with Kate - to give three very different examples.

Once again though, good for Tao!:flower:

probably in november if you are New york..
the magazine store i go to in soho still has the september vogue nippon

Cover in HQ

scanned by me

I got it and am scanning Tao EDs & Anouck ED now. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"