Vogue Paris February 2021 : Anna Ewers by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Oh this is stunning! This is giving me Claudia Schiffer vibes.

Really love this!
Yessss she reminds me of Claudia at somehow. I looooove this cover. Very easy and effortless. This is better than the ss chanel campaign tho

Perfect choice with Anna here, I don't think it could've worked with anybody else.

I like it a lot!

it does scream Claudia Schiffer and Bardot but then again, they made her do the Bardot look thousands of times... as they also did with Lara, Natasha, Georgia, Anna...

also, she’s finally using French models which is great, the only sad thing is with Covid and travelling being so strict Alt didn’t really have another option which also makes it phony AF...

Looking very typical Vogue Paris! Which can be either good or bad, frankly :lol:

Louise de Chevigny served us some 90s supermodel, wish that was the cover, and "L'éternel classique" have so many better covers options. Too bad the cover is bought by Chanel because the editorial is mediocre at best.

In a perfect world, the shot of Malika in those white trousers or the very first image of Louise in the jumper should've been the cover. How stunning would that have been? Because the cover editorial and the McLellan ones are God-awful. Made worse by the models.

Louise is quite gorgeous, never saw her before. There's something very early/mid 90s about her look. It's great to see French models in French Vogue even if I am a bit gutted that they've missed Othilia's moment.

Main long editorial reminds me of this Daria werbowy story near the pool produced by same team and Mario testino story with Princess of Monaco styled by Carine. I love the adult vibe of it and Louise de Chevigny is looking sooo mature, I was surprised seeing that she’s just a young gal.
I love that they re with Malika are totally different.
I love Robin Galiegue work and quite often his miss vogue is way much more impressive than main editorials, it’s a great and very wise acquisition for vogue paris

even McClellan story is looking nice

Anna editorial give me same old same old dull vibes of totally expected combo: bb/ Claudia for Chanel in 1994, Boring studio shoot and classic over styled Chanel. Studio shoot can be good only in case of stunning styling. Otherwise it looks like old Irving penn work best case scenario.

Overall I’m surprised to say it’s a really nice issue and btw, I love to see the issue poped up one day and not waiting for 10 days after the teaser of the cover and getting a totally messy issue after the wait. I’m feeling quite deceived.

Gorgeous cover; it's really brightened up my rubbish day. It's beautiful and to the point, just what I needed! LOVE the hint of mint in the typography, it plays off the pale pink of the clothing really beautifully.

I'm scrolling past the editorials, so I can't comment on those yet. I miss the days when the first time I would see the inside pictures was when I picked up my copy or saw LQ preview scans on here, unlike nowadays when I see the full hi-res images on Instagram weeks before I get my hands on the issue, and then I realised that I'm in total control of what I see and I can simply scroll past and save the surprise. I know the ones posted above are just snapshots, but all the same; I'm really trying to recreate the magic of printed magazines for myself, so I'm doing my best to avoid everything!

Not in love with the cover, but the overall quality of the fashion content in this issue just makes me sad for other Vogues, especially American....

We're living in dire times right now and quite frankly, this is everything I needed to see today - and more! What an absolutely fabulous cover - from the fact we have Anna Ewers to the pale turquoise font colour and the OTT Chanel look to the big and voluminous hair! Carlyne Cerf eat your heart out!

@[B]sixtdaily[/B], I cannot thank you enough! :heart:

The content is superb, but I wish they would've chose a different photo from Anna's editorial for the cover. In my opinion, the photo they chose is the weakest shot from the spread, and I think the first, second or sixth photos would've made far more impactful covers. That being said, this is one of the most-impressive issues of Vogue Paris in months. The production value is top-notch and you would have no idea the contents of this issue were put together under the constraints of a pandemic. The other editions of Vogue really need to step it up and raise the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->