Vogue Paris September 2020 : Malika Louback by Mikael Jansson

She knew she didn’t have to create a magnificent cover for september because her stellar issue of the year is the next month and has to save her energy for that. The cover is good, but a little forgettable.

Btw, her face looks absolutely F I E R C E. Is like a mix of Jaida Essence Hall and young Naomi Campbell and I’m living for that.

Vogue Germany... let’s cover her with flowers.

Vogue Paris... let’s cover her with text.

The lighting is questionable, she looks orange. Malika is stunning, they could’ve done so much more. Wonder if she is the first BIMOC after Rose Cordero, feels like a century ago.

The lighting is questionable, she looks orange. Malika is stunning, they could’ve done so much more. Wonder if she is the first BIMOC after Rose Cordero, feels like a century ago.
Liya and Naomi had covers after Rose.

I love it! It's very in your face! It's a statement for sure.

The styling is on brand as well. Alt's Vogue surely knows its identity.

grandma Emmanuelle just could not drop this dated taste.

nice!

I mean is it garish? Sure, but come on, so much fun, i love everything about this cover!

Liya and Naomi had covers after Rose.
Adut also. And before Rose, Noémie...

BIMOC?

Yeah, it's great to see a fresh (and black) face on VP's cover, but this one really falls flat on me.

Besides the terrible layout - which is not surprising coming from Alt -, the image lacks an wow factor. It has everything to make a great image, from a solid styling to a great pair of model/photographer, but the final result doesn't look that great.

One thing that I'm sure is that we're going to have a pretty solid cover editorial.

I'm honestly torn with this cover. It looks very pop and in your face, which is what I like about it. Definitely fits the 80s mood that Alt produces. But this kinda looks like an Elle cover to me. I hate the Hope message. Looks real juvenile. I'm all for fresh faces, but it would've been nice to see this go to an established black model. Maybe Anok, Sacha, Joan, or if a new face, Scully. I think the cover star is beautiful, but im sure Alt will not feature her again like all the other black models who have fronted the covers. So unfortunate.

Nahhhh...a whole mess, plus, she ain’t got no pedigree to be getting a Vogue September issue and it shows, too amateurish. I know most girl’s can’t travel to shoot, but they should have gone with a zoom shoot with Sculy/Blessing Orji if they wanted real Saint Laurent slayage.

Emmanuelle, the f*ck is that?
I am beyond disappointed. A huge waste of beautiful model and amazing collection. The fact how bad other editions are doesn't make it any better.

Nahhhh...a whole mess, plus, she ain’t got no pedigree to be getting a Vogue September issue and it shows, too amateurish.

Fair dues, but if this were Meisel shooting her for VI (in the past,obviously...) would you say the same thing? He used to do this all the time, putting girls who weren't "blue-chip breakouts" or whatever on the cover and breaking them into the big time...Eliza Cummings, Kayla Clarke, Caitie Greene (LOL) - not great examples but you catch my drift.

I don't see anything wrong with an EIC choosing someone who doesn't have a particularly good runway/campaign pedigree for the cover, if anything it shows initiative to look for a less obvious selection of cover girl, and try and support their career in some way. Although I'm no doubt giving Emanuelle too much credit, as there may be have been other (geographical) factors that resulted in Malika landing the cover over let's say Achenrin or Sacha.

I think that with magazine standards at an inconceivably low level in recent months, anything remotely fashion-oriented gets a thumbs up from me, especially with Mikael behind the lens. But...I'm not jumping on the Emanuelle bandwagon just because she's the least mediocre (not the same as "the best" guys) magazine editor. Especially when it looks like this image was shot in the ladies' (toilets) at Zizzi's or Pizza Express.

That being said, there wasn’t any other way to place the Hope thing on the cover? And I can only laugh at imagining what the meeting looked like when they tried to find words to relate to each letter of HOPE (Paris, Espoir) lol

I laughed out loud when I read the cover lines. Having work at fashion magazines and with the French. :rofl:
Still, this cover is what I've expected. It's unapologetically 80's and I really like it.

I like it though the palette is too cliche, 80s dicso style it's a bit boring....

Can't wait for their 100th anniversary issue. Will Alt put jeans on the cover? We know it's her all-time fav....:shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->