Vogue Paris September 2020 : Malika Louback by Mikael Jansson

It's funny, in a bunch of Vogue Hope issues, the only one that is giving me real hope is the edition that basically didn't follow the theme.. Thanks Emmanuelle for serving us real fashion every month!
And it's great to see a model of color on the cover.

It's a strong issue! Malika and Luna are the highlights for me. Rianne's editorial looks recycled.

Emmanuelle hasn't progressed in producing issues above the level of what was being criticised on these forums circa 2013, but for the era we are currently in, and in particular for this month, this is a very good issue.

Mikael's photography is a little too retro for me in the cover edit, I wish he would've retained a bit of the polish he's known for to maintain some modernity, but I really like it and Emanuelle's styling seems to be flowing better with his images in their recent collaborations. Rianne is possibly the most overrated model around these parts...but she proves her worth in the Teller ed. It's nothing new, but sort of fun and charming, more in the vein of his vintage W work that I loved, and not so cheap like most of his recent output. And the I&V edit is creative and fun.

I also appreciated seeing Anastasia back again - hopefully she'll get a bigger edit in the coming months. So thumbs up from me. Probably not an issue that signals any kind of cultural relevance for the times we're in, but there's finally fashion, yay!

Not totally sold on the cover and main ed, needed a stronger model. I love L'homme Aux Bijoux, the jewelry ed and Luna's the most. The collage too

It’s a good issue, quintessentially Vogue Paris so that was achieved.

the cover: that layout? Jesus. It looks like it was made on MS Paint! also, the colours... it’s an unpleasant garishness and the black tiles as background don’t look good on the cover either even if on the inside pictures it does look fine.
I’m also happy for the model choice (hopefully it won’t be a one hit wonder) but this cover could be for ‘any’ Fall/Winter issue. it doesn’t scream Vogue September edition... but it will be the only September issue I’ll be getting this year by the looks of it...

Christ, how magazines have fallen, this is one of the most boring September issues of all time. A bunch of unimaginative portrait shots that tell no story. There's no escapism, there's no drama, literally need a caffeine IV after looking at it.

Beautiful issue. Not the most inspiring but well done! And nice to see some glamour!

The main editorial does NOTHING for me and I want it to so bad especially when you’re working with a newcomer, this’ll either make it or break it for them!

#64 quintessential Ralph Lauren chic

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->