W Magazine September 2011 : Kristen Stewart by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

HQ cover

source | wmagazine.tumblr.com

Pretty stunning cover, I've never cared much about her and she is a really pretty girl, this is probably the best she's ever looked in a magazine.

I don't really get all of the "she barely looks like herself" comments. I think she absolutely does look like herself, albeit a M&M photoshop-heavy version of herself. Maybe I'm in the minority, or maybe I've just always been able to separate her from Twilight, but I've always found her to be quite beautiful. It's that awkward thing she seems to default to at events that makes it harder to see, but she's actually got really striking features (like her eyes, which are on display beautifully here).

I don't really get all of the "she barely looks like herself" comments. I think she absolutely does look like herself, albeit a M&M photoshop-heavy version of herself. Maybe I'm in the minority, or maybe I've just always been able to separate her from Twilight, but I've always found her to be quite beautiful. It's that awkward thing she seems to default to at events that makes it harder to see, but she's actually got really striking features (like her eyes, which are on display beautifully here).

I think that it is really hard to seperate her from Twilight whenever she is on a magazine cover, especially when the text on the covers always reference Twilight in some way. However, I do think that the hair and makeup team did an excellent job. It is a wonderful concept, I just wish that it was featuring someone else.

I pay no attention to Twilight whatsoever - it's possible - so it won't prevent me from having a good look at this magazine when it arrives. I bought the Tonchi debut issue but haven't had much reason to get any of the others during his tenure, but I have predictable tastes, and big hair and eyeliner could ensure a second purchase.

this cover and pictures inside are a total joke. We all know how Kristen looks like and certainly not like a Liz Taylor android version! Bad photographers are always over use photoshop and that's the "perfect" example.

i never associate Kristen with Twilight, I associate her with a very uncomfortable presence so every time i see her i imagine how awkward she is which is completely off putting. I don't see how she is a worthy cover choice for a September issue because her fashion sense is nothing to be applauded for. with that being said the cover is much better than i expected and a big step up from her Vogue cover

:shock: Holy crap is that her?
I couldn't give a toss here about photoshop and I certainly couldn't give a toss about Twilight.........all I know for definite is that is one amazing cover and Kristen looks gorgeous. She looks like she just stepped out of Valley of the Dolls.
A big fat WOW! from me.

my thoughts exactly

loving the more feminine side of her though it's over photoshopped

i never associate Kristen with Twilight, I associate her with a very uncomfortable presence so every time i see her i imagine how awkward she is which is completely off putting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. She always looks like she wants to throw up, in almost every single picture I have ever seen of her. So, I guess it's an accomplishment that she doesn't look nauseous in these pictures, but still.

True. Even in Twilight she looked pretty i think. It's her most famous film but not the only one so it's easy to abstract Kristen from Bella.
Anyway this cover is truly amazing, very soft and sensual. So thanks god it's not the HP fever anymore...

It's actually nice to see her without that horrendous "I don't give a sh*t" scowl. She looks nice.

She kinda look like Emily di Donato hahaha, i don't really like the cover though..

I honestly don't care if it's over airbrushed/photoshopped or whatever for that matter or not 'cause to me, it's one hell of an amazing cover! I love it so much. :heart: The softness and delicacy of it, it's just perfect. And yep, I echo all the sentiments regarding the comparison of the cover shot to Lindsay Lohan. Maybe because the way she was styled, 'no? As for her editorial, all of the shots look fantastic especially the one with her hand on her face and with the Gucci dress. :heart::smile:

I do also get a vintage Interview vibe to this one. Like it was from the 80s. This is definitely a huge step up from her US Vogue cover and the best she has done since her Interview Oct/Nov '09 one. Great job Tonchi! :clap:

Looking forward to the contents! Although there's already one confirmed and it's got Amber Valletta by Steven Klein. :smile:

I couldn't care less for Kristen Stewart. She is indeed overly photoshopped but that's fine by me. Knowing that Amber Valletta is in this issue by Steven Klein is good enough for me!

I agree.

If the title didn't said it's Kristen, I would swear it's Lindsay Lohan.

ugh i cant roll my eyes enough at this:rolleyes:

im suffering from extreme twilight fatigue, hasn't she graced enough covers?? i cant think of a single american fashion magazine that she hasnt been on the cover of. i will grudgingly admit she doesn't look bad here, but im sure the interview will be back to typical stewart business as usual- complaining, i'm above all of this but wait i really do care! attitude nonsense. yuck :yuk:

Great photoshop and one of the few times Kristen doesn't have a completely dead expression on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->