What effects do models have on you?

I think models have a positive influence on me because they motivate me to take care of myself, my skin and to get in the best possible shape. As well as seeing how much they've achieved at the same age as me.

Not exactly the achievement, thats the part that doesnt have the bigguest impact on me bc i star to feel jealous when i think of all the money they make and all the places theyve been and ive not at the same age but the part of the looks, they do inspire me to look better but not that much to be selfdestructive if i dont look like one.

I don't really compare myself to models, except sometimes they make my 5'5 height seem like 4 feet.

I think it's interesting to learn about new models, but I don't obsess over them as much as I do with designers and collections. I like plain models, because it gives more attention to the clothes.

I'm not saying they should be role models for life, just that they have successful, high earning careers that take them all over the world and it inspires me to see that girls my age can acheive this. That's all I meant.

What effects do models have on you?
I guess the fact that when I was around 11 I was glad to see other thin and tall girls. But especially other people who had big brows, I was like oh cool, I'm not the only one. And shocked that being tall and thin and having huge brows could actually be a career. I'd also rather see clothing (when deciding what to buy) on someone who has my body type.

Do they make you feel good/bad about yourself?
Neutral.

Do they have a good/bad influence on you?
Neutral.

RoleModels?
Neutral.

Also when did you first start to take an interest in them?
I noticed models I guess when I was 11 (back in I think 99') when I was scouted, and told I looked like one, and should be one; so I figured I'd see what they looked like. I then used to watch fashion TV and thought Lonneke Engel and Gieselle where really good at modeling. But I can remember all the way back to Nikki Taylor in the CG ads and Latisha Casta in ads.

What effects do models have on you? The only effect models really have on me is encouragement to do exercise, take care of my hair and skin and to groom myself.
Do they make you feel good/bad about yourself? Neither. But I should also say I'm more comfortable with myself than I use to be. I just wish I came out better in pictures.
Do they have a good/bad influence on you? Good in the sense that they encourage me to want to take care of myself but I never have the mentality to try be thinner than I should be.
RoleModels? Not really. I might take style inspiration from a model I think dresses well, but that's about it.
One thing I appreciate about the fashion industry though is that a model doesn't have to have what is considered a "perfect" nose, or Angelina Jolie lips and can have a gap in her teeth and models aren't turned into generic versions of what the general masses consider attractive, unlike in Hollywood.

I suppose models do encourage me to work out and take care of my physical appearance as a whole. However, at the same time, I feel like **** each time I see a gorgeous model with a flawless body; I feel short and fat, even though I know I'm not. But seeing a model makes me feel that way. So I suppose models have a both good and bad influence on me. I love them, but hate them at the same time, due to jealousy. I also admire them, however, for their beauty.

I think being jealous and hating someone for being more attractive than you shows bad character traits. At least if you do nothing to feel more secure about yourself. Pretty shallow

They don't affect me a great deal. Infact, I overlook them completely most of the time, unless I'm looking at an outfit, or their makeup.

They Sometimes motivate me to look good... but at the end of the day, I know I'm different to them... and that the pics I see are not real!

i guess we all feels selfconscious everytime we see a model on a magazine or a runway. even tho we know the pictures are photoshopped to death or models are airbrushed and had tons of make up and gorgeous clothes on them. at the end of the day we all wish we could look perfect from head to toe as they seem to be. whats left is to make something positive out of it like eating better and doing exercise and not falling into drastic and unhealthy ways to try to look like them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->