What effects do models have on you?

Wow, thanks to everyone who has replied so far, this really is turning out to be an interesting thread with many different in-sights! :flower:

I look at Diana Moldovan and Irina Kulikova, who are just a couple of years older than me and I feel I should look like them, I should be as tall and I should be as pretty otherwise I'm not worthy of being around the people who I interact with.

100% I know how you feel. It's hard for me to see actresses and models and even kids from my school (one is a professional dancer who did back-up on HSM2) end up more successful than I ever could be! I always wonder why it's not happening to me because we are the same age, so what oppotunities are they getting that I'm not?

funny how I was just think about the same question when I saw this:blush:

To be prefectly honest, the fact that I admire some of the models and my interests in the fashion world do not really affect my self esteem, maybe because I dont follow a lot of male models.
but like some of the others said, i just find it absolutely unbelievable that girls of my age are already making big bucks, and their face are everywhere. For example, everytime I look at Caroline Francischini, I am just absolutely amazed that she is only 13 days older than I am, but look at her!:shock:
People are giftedwith different talent, I maybe not have the best looks, but I am gifted with my adaptability and that I am good at sports. And i love that part of myself.
But one thing is certain though, constantly seeing such glamorous things, and being amazed at how some people can spend that much money on one piece of clothing only made me want to work even harder so i can afford them in the future:smile:

Agreed, TeeKay. I feel that you get what you deserve. If I went through 6 years of college to get a Master's in Accounting, then I do deserve a Jaguar of some kind in my driveway! :flower:

Seeing as how I work in the industry, I def. am more aware of my flaws when I'm hanging around with stunningly beautiful people all day. However, since I actually KNOW alot of models personally, I've realized that some of them are extremely flawed on the inside. Nobody is perfect, not even a model.

^ The moderators use to merge threads that are similar to each other...

Seeing as how I work in the industry, I def. am more aware of my flaws when I'm hanging around with stunningly beautiful people all day. However, since I actually KNOW alot of models personally, I've realized that some of them are extremely flawed on the inside. Nobody is perfect, not even a model.

I know what you mean, I converse with a few and even read the blogs of some of the more famous runway models and the flaws are very evident and unguarded. They're just like everyone else and they compare themselves like everyone else but with things that us average non-beautiful 6 foot tall people take for granted. Everyone yearns for assets we don't have. It would be better for us to see similarities they share with us instead of wanting to change ourselves to look like them.

I know what you mean, I converse with a few and even read the blogs of some of the more famous runway models and the flaws are very evident and unguarded.

Wow.. I kind of can't envisage runway models even keeping blogs for some reason - (and I have probably a very rose-tinted, romantic perception of a supermodels personal life!) I assume they're far, far too busy to spend any time with blogs and do stuff like browse the internet! Their blogs must be so interesting.

Wow.. I kind of can't envisage runway models even keeping blogs for some reason - (and I have probably a very rose-tinted, romantic perception of a supermodels personal life!) I assume they're far, far too busy to spend any time with blogs and do stuff like browse the internet! Their blogs must be so interesting.

They are extremely busy which is why with so much traveling the internet seems to be the best method for keeping in touch with friends and family. From what I've read it seems to be one of the only options they have. Either they go party in foreign countries till hitting the sack or they spend time on their laptops in their hotel rooms. It is truly enlightening to read some of the blogs and stories of what a supermodel's life is really like. :ninja:

i'm not really impacted by models. if anything they just make me remember to wash my face twice a day.

I love seeing pictures of models standing next to fashion magazine editors.

Reality check!

Seeing all these models makes me realize how much I want to be one.:(

Yes, absolutely. I compare myself to models all the time.
I do that too. And then I think to myself that I don't look too shaggy (thanks for the cheekbones dad). And sometimes I think that they might be beautiful, but they probably have bad breath and stuff :lol:

They remind me i might be more successful as a model if i was born to another country like Czech Republic, Ukrain or countries in West-Europe. :(

What effects do models have on you?
Do they make you feel good/bad about yourself?
Do they have a good/bad influence on you?
RoleModels?
Negative or Positive, it's really interesting to know what effects they have on you!
Also when did you first start to take an interest in them?
Talk about it here! :wink:

I take it all with a pinch of salt really.
My concern would be the influence on individuals , and the subsequent decisions that a person may take, in a negative way.
Sure, imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but within reasonable boundaries.
Far too much emphasis is placed on beauty, in a physical way. If people just judge on looks, that to me is shallow.
A lot of people i have had the privilege to chat with, are not models, yet still show qualities that make them shine.
I recently started chatting to a young lady who has petit mal. Her attitude is inspirational, and "one" could do a lot worse than to have her example as a role model.
As far as the influence of models, i do chat to a few people who are models, and as with everything, some are fun to be with, some are just obsessed with looks, and there the conversation ends:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think models have a positive influence on me because they motivate me to take care of myself, my skin and to get in the best possible shape. As well as seeing how much they've achieved at the same age as me.

I think models have a positive influence on me because they motivate me to take care of myself, my skin and to get in the best possible shape. As well as seeing how much they've achieved at the same age as me.

i don't think what they've "achieved" is necessarily commendable... at least in terms of advancing society in a productive way. lol w/e. i don't know what i'm trying to say here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->