Who will be the next face(s) of Prada?

I guess we are all jumping to a conclusion (at least I was) that Sasha's reign at Prada is over... but - according to a comment from her agent posted in Sasha's thread, she is sick. That's why she only walked in one show in NY and was unable to fly to Milan. Doesn't sound too serious though - she is "hoping" to be in Paris.

if that sickness thing is true, i think they will stick with sasha next season again... but maybe its the whole artificial charade sasha is paid for from prada so they draw more attention and then voila! NEW GIRL :shifty:

maybe Jourdan :shifty:

maybe Sasha and Jourdan :shifty:

ok i gotta shut up now before i lose my mind completely :rofl:

I really hope Natalia C is the new face of Prada, she like a mixture of Angelina Jolie and Sasha but younger and fresher.

I don't think Miuccia would ever abandon Sasha like that, but her absence from the show, even if unintentional, provided a great opportunity to introduce someone new. Sasha won't be the Prada face forever, and this could work as a natural breaking point.

But I'm not holding my breath. And if they against all odds should pick someone new for the campaign, I don't want it to be Natalia. I'd like to see Sara Blomqvist. Won't happen, but that's my kind of Prada girl. She's like a flashback from the amazing Prada casts circa 2003, and the best new Pradette in seasons...

Or a multi-girl campaign with Sara, Eden, Elise (one can dream)... what a divine cast that'd be for this collection. :wub:

of course sasha will be in the f/w 08 campaign. she missed the prada show because she was sick. i have a feeling this natalia girl might be in it as well. but definitely sasha.

I don't think Miuccia would ever abandon Sasha like that, but her absence from the show, even if unintentional, provided a great opportunity to introduce someone new. Sasha won't be the Prada face forever, and this could work as a natural breaking point.

But I'm not holding my breath. And if they against all odds should pick someone new for the campaign, I don't want it to be Natalia. I'd like to see Sara Blomqvist. Won't happen, but that's my kind of Prada girl. She's like a flashback from the amazing Prada casts circa 2003, and the best new Pradette in seasons...

Or a multi-girl campaign with Sara, Eden, Elise (one can dream)... what a divine cast that'd be for this collection. :wub:

I also don't want this new Natalia girl to be the new face of Prada. She's not appealing to me, and secondly it's kind of cliche to have your opener and closer be the face of the campaign no? :lol:

As for Sasha, I think her reign is over. I think having Sasha everywhere in the last campaign was Miuccia's way of saying goodbye. It has to happen eventually and if this seasons show cast is an indicator of anything, Miuccia might be wanting to dig a little bit to the past where Sara Blomqvist would be perfect. I can picture her in the Prada campaign with Marta Berzkalna/Gemma Ward/Lydia Hearst, or in the campaign with Querelle/Daria/Stam/Hannelore etc. Blomqvist is reminiscent of the intelligent Prada model of seasons past.

I third Sara...your comment about her resembling the "intelligent Prada model of seasons past" is absolutely right on ybf! :flower:

If it wasn't for the fact that she wasn't even at the show, I would say Adina Forizs - she has that strange cute-as-a-kitten yet really odd (not to say off) look about her.

I'd like to see Heidi Mount get something big but...she seems a little sleepy for Prada - Miuccia seems to go for a more intense look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope it's not Sasha. Don't get me wrong - I thought Sasha was the perfect Prada girl. But the last campaign cannot be topped. It was a pure case of Sasha-worship by Miuccia, and a spectacular way to say good-bye. It doesn't mean that Sasha won't be involved with the brand however; the graphics in the ads (and on the fairy bags) seemed to be inspired by her art....

I actually love Adina, but if she were to become THE face of Prada a la Sasha, she would get the last main line campaign. But Natalia Chabanenko.... She seems like the real deal to me. To open and close the show.... There has been HUGE buzz on her for months and she was really worth the wait. The only thing is, she is sort of too beautiful for Prada. But I have to say, the clothes looked amazing on her.

Girls like Suvi and Anna Maryia U also opened and closed but never appeared in Prada campaigns

Natalia Chabanenko would be perfect for the campaign as Miuccia seems to want to head into a more sexy/provocative area with Prada. She has a strange new kind of sexy going on that I don't see in girls like McNeil, Sasha, Lara or Isabeli. She's sheer magic... :magic:
The FW08 casting was a bit puzzling given the new 'direction' though. I understand Isabeli, McNeil, Georgina Stojiljkovic, Guinevere, Natalia C, Elise, Kamila F, Angela, Stam, Anouck etc who all come across as mature, confident models. But why girls like Irina K, Daiane, Vlada and in particular the brand new Prada girls Amanda Laine and Eden Clark? They are a far cry from looking sultry or whatever..

Sara is indeed a very typical Pradette :smile:heart::lol:) a la 2003, but I'm afraid she's no contender for the campaign right now. Really, the only girl I can think of is Natalia.

21euf13.jpg

Source: Premier

I really think Isabeli has a chance to get it this season, Miuccia is really into her lately :woot:

I think that Sasha will still get it but she might be joined by someone else. My best bet is Natalia Chabenenko as others have stated.

Sasha was at Miu Miu. I guess the bond with Miuccia is as strong as ever if she made a trip to Paris just to do this show. :blink:

How about Vlada and Heidi Mount will do either Prada or Miu Miu. That's my guess, watch the MM show and guess why :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think she will continue to be in the Prada ads. If anything another model will be cast with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russmah55
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->