Why Do All The Models Smoke?

Originally posted by zoelemon+May 28th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zoelemon @ May 28th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by gem@May 28th, 2004 - 6:36 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-FabulousFashion
@May 28th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
It's so unhealthy and people say they don't care, but they obviously have insecurities if they turn to smoking for anything, especially attention.  It's not only unhealthy for the person smoking, secondhand smoke is terrible.  People may think that they look cool, but they have no clue what people think of them.  I don't care if I'm walking down 5th Ave and see someone wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag, if they're smoking, I am nowhere near impressed.  I wouldn't look down upon them, because I don't look down upon most people, b/c smokers can still be incredibly nice, but I still don't see why people think that it's impressive to smoke.

Get off your high horse because I don't care what you think of me.
right on gem. I believe everyone has a right to do what they want with their own bodies. [/b][/quote]
FabFashion is a victim to generalization.

She' is assuming that all people think poorly of smokers.'
She is assuming that they do it for attention.

f*ck she just made a bunch of stupid claims. If I were you guys I would just ignore what she wrote because it seemd as though an 11 year old typed that out.

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 11:54 pm
Secondly, for the people who worry about second hand smoke. I recomend you tell the world to stop burning fossil fuel, making fast food, wasting gas, making unneccessary pills, burning forrests, tearing down forrests and jungles then you can talk to me about my second hand smoke.

Seriously read some books about the effects of globalization and war. Pick up a Chomsky book and learn about what is harming you and try to stop it.
:clap: :mohawk: go celinechic go :wink:

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 5:54 pm

Secondly, for the people who worry about second hand smoke. I recomend you tell the world to stop burning fossil fuel, making fast food, wasting gas, making unneccessary pills, burning forrests, tearing down forrests and jungles then you can talk to me about my second hand smoke.

Seriously read some books about the effects of globalization and war. Pick up a Chomsky book and learn about what is harming you and try to stop it.
Good post, you get a bunny! :bunny:

What is even worse is that some of you are putting down people who smoke as if they were stupid or inconciderate of other people.

I'm sure 100% of you buy clothing made by under payed labour that slaves away in a factory with no medicare or job insurance. Not only are you supporting a form of slavery but you're also hurting your own countrys economy, granted you dont live in India, China, Indonesia, Mongolia, and other nations where clothing companies find slaves.

I'm sure quite a few of you drive SUVs (aka Gas guzzlers) that pollute the air that I breath. I guess all of you are stupid too. Since you're polluting my air and wasting gas (our earth precious resource)

People who eat fatty foods that lead them to heart attacks must be stupid also, right?

People who invest in monopolies are harming our economy. Stupid?

For all of you who own diamonds...you cant even imagine the dangerous conditions and the low wages that diamond miners deal with.

sh*t! The list is endless.

oh wait it gets worse!

If you live in North America 98.8% of your meat comes from slaughter houses that employ cheap, ILLEGAL labour from MExico, El Salvadore and other countries in Central america.

These people sometimes die on the job, aren't allowed to unionize and don't even speak english. Many of these workers lose limbs in the machines that have poor saftey measures. Once they considered useless and limbless, or too injured to work they're thrown out on their ***es with no compensation no medical care and no other jobs because they dont speak english.

Granted most of them die anyway.

But who cares about that, right? Lets be more worried about the people who smoke and the VERY SMALL percentage of them who die from the DIRECT causes of smoking cigarettes.

And for those who live in the UK. You have no clue of the freaking garbage you're all breathing in.

Your country is a major exporter of coal, petroleum, natural gas, tin, limestone, iron ore, salt, clay, chalk, gypsum, lead, silica, arable land.

All these industries cause more pollution then all of Canada and just look at the size difference. :innocent:

The corporations are totally aware that these pollutants are the cause of cancer, and many other illnesses, yet they dont say anything because they just feel like letting you guys breath that crap air while they're rolling in money.

Originally posted by CelineChic+May 28th, 2004 - 5:56 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ May 28th, 2004 - 5:56 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by zoelemon@May 28th, 2004 - 5:41 pm
It's so unhealthy and people say they don't care, but they obviously have insecurities if they turn to smoking for anything, especially attention.  It's not only unhealthy for the person smoking, secondhand smoke is terrible.  People may think that they look cool, but they have no clue what people think of them.  I don't care if I'm walking down 5th Ave and see someone wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag, if they're smoking, I am nowhere near impressed.  I wouldn't look down upon them, because I don't look down upon most people, b/c smokers can still be incredibly nice, but I still don't see why people think that it's impressive to smoke.

right on gem. I believe everyone has a right to do what they want with their own bodies.

f*ck she just made a bunch of stupid claims. If I were you guys I would just ignore what she wrote because it seemd as though an 11 year old typed that out. [/b][/quote]
Oh thanks a lot. Many of the things people commenting on my post said were pure accusations. Incredible how hipocritical people are. I never said that I was impressed by people in Gucci or Chanel, just saying that sometimes high society people smoke to look elegant, and someone was saying they liked getting looks from people when they smoked, so they pretty much said they did it for attention which could possibly be b/c they think it's impressive- now I do realize that that was a little bit of an accusation there myself but at least I take full responsibility for it. People are free to write whatever their heart desires, and have a right to their own opinion. I am thouroughly disgusted that people would say things like that. You guys made so many accusations and said I wrote like an 11 year old. You guys have no clue who I am, not that you care, and not really that I care because when you write those things I laugh for you don't know who I am. You shouldn't be trying to make fun of someone, that's not what this post is for.

From Cosima

Originally posted by FabulousFashion+May 28th, 2004 - 6:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FabulousFashion @ May 28th, 2004 - 6:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 5:56 pm
Originally posted by zoelemon@May 28th, 2004 - 5:41 pm

right on gem. I believe everyone has a right to do what they want with their own bodies.

f*ck she just made a bunch of stupid claims. If I were you guys I would just ignore what she wrote because it seemd as though an 11 year old typed that out.
Oh thanks a lot. Many of the things people commenting on my post said were pure accusations. Incredible how hipocritical people are. I never said that I was impressed by people in Gucci or Chanel, just saying that sometimes high society people smoke to look elegant, and someone was saying they liked getting looks from people when they smoked, so they pretty much said they did it for attention which could possibly be b/c they think it's impressive- now I do realize that that was a little bit of an accusation there myself but at least I take full responsibility for it. People are free to write whatever their heart desires, and have a right to their own opinion. I am thouroughly disgusted that people would say things like that. You guys made so many accusations and said I wrote like an 11 year old. You guys have no clue who I am, not that you care, and not really that I care because when you write those things I laugh for you don't know who I am. You shouldn't be trying to make fun of someone, that's not what this post is for.

From Cosima [/b][/quote]
Stay in school! :flower:

ok guys can we get on TOPIC please :order:
remember this is about MODELS SMOKING........

nothing about trying to look cool with a ciggie and a chanel bag
or some illegal immigrants making meat

I'm just making fun of all of you who make claims but cant even support your own claims. You’re all just regurgitating what you hear on the news.

Now seriously go look at some stats and find out which country has the most smokers per capita. Then see how the average of people who died of lung cancer per year in that country.

Then look at the countries with the least smokers per capita and the average of lung cancer deaths in that country.

You'd all be amazed as to what you can learn when you pick up a book :rolleyes:

i understand what you're saying Celine, however it is a proven fact that smoking does cause cancer and other incurable diseases.
it is obvious that you are a smoker and feel strongly about your right to be able to smoke without people judging you, and at the same time please understand those who arent for smoking.

:flower:

Originally posted by Tarden@May 27th, 2004 - 10:34 pm
Kissing a smoker isn't much fun either. :yuk:
As my grandmother used to say (in her very soft Southern/Virginian accent), "Kissing a boy who smokes is like eating ice cream out of an ash tray."

:wub: that woman...

Originally posted by Acid@May 28th, 2004 - 6:49 pm
ok guys can we get on TOPIC please :order:
remember this is about MODELS SMOKING........

nothing about trying to look cool with a ciggie and a chanel bag
or some illegal immigrants making meat

I can see that my point didn't get through to you.

Let me write it so you could possibly understand.

You said

i cant think of anything more wastefull and destroying than smoking

And I listed to you many other things in this world that are wasting lives and destroying lives.

Silly me, I assumed that you knew about all those other things. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Acid@May 28th, 2004 - 6:57 pm
i understand what you're saying Celine, however it is a proven fact that smoking does cause cancer and other incurable diseases.
it is obvious that you are a smoker and feel strongly about your right to be able to smoke without people judging you, and at the same time please understand those who arent for smoking.

Exactly. I admit, I am quite young (still in school as in high school) and we have health classes where we are forced to read books, and listen to lectures, some by smokers with voice boxes and such. I know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 11:59 pm
You said

i cant think of anything more wastefull and destroying than smoking

And I listed to you many other things in this world that are wasting lives and destroying lives.

Silly me, I assumed that you knew about all those other things. :rolleyes:
thank you for bringing those up Celine, however the fact that my country exports many raw materials, and that illegal immigrants make all the meat in america is of no concern to me

what i do know is that smoking is expensive, causes diseases, makes people's clothes smell and irritates people's eyes :flower:

Shouldn't we get back to talking about models smoking here? :flower:
I think that the issue itself is just too large and controversial to go over in this forum.

Originally posted by Acid@May 28th, 2004 - 7:57 pm

I'm with you on this one.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 29th, 2004 - 12:14 am
Shouldn't we get back to talking about models smoking here? :flower:
I think that the issue itself is just too large and controversial to go over in this forum.
exactly Purple! B) thanks

perhaps a topic should be created in The Spot particularly for the for/against smoking in general debate

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 5:54 pm

I've been telling people that for ages so what is your point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->