Why Do All The Models Smoke?

Who are we to judge?

Let them smoke if they want.

"why do models smoke?" is almost as insensitive as "why are all models anorexic"

You're generalizing, and that sucks.

Originally posted by CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 3:13 pm
I like to smoke because everyone else doesnt like it.
so you just decide to damage your own health because no one does... i'd support your thought if you'd even enjoy it but it looks like you're only trying to provoke or defy people or just looks stylish...which looks pretty weird to me.

I don't mind if people want to risk their own health but it is another thing if the secondhand smoke is bothering the people around them.

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@May 28th, 2004 - 8:46 pm
Who are we to judge?

"why do models smoke?" is almost as insensitive as "why are all models anorexic"

:king: go Tay, GO :mohawk:

QUOTE (AlmostFamous @ May 28th, 2004 - 8:46 pm)
Who are we to judge?

go Tay, GO
-I totaly agree

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@May 28th, 2004 - 3:10 pm
:blush:

No more outbursts, I promise... :innocent:
Nah, your "outburst" was very well said! More!

It's so unhealthy and people say they don't care, but they obviously have insecurities if they turn to smoking for anything, especially attention. It's not only unhealthy for the person smoking, secondhand smoke is terrible. People may think that they look cool, but they have no clue what people think of them. I don't care if I'm walking down 5th Ave and see someone wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag, if they're smoking, I am nowhere near impressed. I wouldn't look down upon them, because I don't look down upon most people, b/c smokers can still be incredibly nice, but I still don't see why people think that it's impressive to smoke.

Originally posted by MulletProof+May 28th, 2004 - 2:46 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MulletProof @ May 28th, 2004 - 2:46 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@May 28th, 2004 - 3:13 pm
I like to smoke because everyone else doesnt like it.
so you just decide to damage your own health because no one does... i'd support your thought if you'd even enjoy it but it looks like you're only trying to provoke or defy people or just looks stylish...which looks pretty weird to me. [/b][/quote]
You must not assume.

I also have other reasons why I smoke. Keeps me thin and stops me from eating.

I frankly dont care what it does to my body. If I ruin my lungs I'll just get new ones. :P

My grandpa smoked from the age of 12 until he died at age 107.

I really dont want to live past 50 :innocent:

Originally posted by FabulousFashion@May 28th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
It's so unhealthy and people say they don't care, but they obviously have insecurities if they turn to smoking for anything, especially attention. It's not only unhealthy for the person smoking, secondhand smoke is terrible. People may think that they look cool, but they have no clue what people think of them. I don't care if I'm walking down 5th Ave and see someone wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag, if they're smoking, I am nowhere near impressed. I wouldn't look down upon them, because I don't look down upon most people, b/c smokers can still be incredibly nice, but I still don't see why people think that it's impressive to smoke.
Who said it was impressive?

and honestly a wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag should not be impressive unless you're ********.

Originally posted by CelineChic+May 28th, 2004 - 4:49 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ May 28th, 2004 - 4:49 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FabulousFashion@May 28th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
It's so unhealthy and people say they don't care, but they obviously have insecurities if they turn to smoking for anything, especially attention.  It's not only unhealthy for the person smoking, secondhand smoke is terrible.  People may think that they look cool, but they have no clue what people think of them.  I don't care if I'm walking down 5th Ave and see someone wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag, if they're smoking, I am nowhere near impressed.  I wouldn't look down upon them, because I don't look down upon most people, b/c smokers can still be incredibly nice, but I still don't see why people think that it's impressive to smoke.
Who said it was impressive?

and honestly a wearing all Chanel with a Gucci bag should not be impressive unless you're ********. [/b][/quote]
:lol:
haha

No Sh*t. Maybe some people could care less about what everyone else thinks. They are going to smoke.

When do people have unprotected sex when 1 in 6 people have an STD?! :huh:

Don't be impressed by whether or not they smoke/what they do or do not wear/ But think about what kind of person they are. And by smoking, doesn't make you less of a person. :doh: :rolleyes: :cry:

I know! right on! I was shocked when someone said "smokers can still be really nice"....as if smoking is directly linked to someone's moral character or personality!?

Originally posted by zoelemon@May 28th, 2004 - 5:03 pm
I know! right on! I was shocked when someone said "smokers can still be really nice"....as if somoking is directly linked to someone's moral character!?
:huh: :blink: :doh: :shock: :yuk:

what are all those faces for?Iam all for people smoking...or not.I don't think we should judge! I was shocked someone actually thought there was a link between "niceness" and smoking.

who cares why models smoke......
most people in the fashion world smoke from what i've seen so far

there could be a whole number or reasons why

but at the end of the day.......nobody should really smoke....its so POINTLESS

Originally posted by Acid@May 28th, 2004 - 5:11 pm
who cares why models smoke......
most people in the fashion world smoke from what i've seen so far

there could be a whole number or reasons why

but at the end of the day.......nobody should really smoke....its so POINTLESS
It's an addiction :blush:

There are people addicted to drugs, some addicted to sex, some addicted to alcohol, some addicted to food.

In the end I think the people who can quit are the ones who really want to.

I chose not to because last time I tried to quit I gained 10 pounds.

Smoking isn't stopping me from going to the gym and doing cardio for an hour.

It maybe making me infertile, but who the heck would want dirty little brats anyway :lol:

oh come on thats a rediculous excuse!

you had to try the stuff to get addicted to it.....
i cant think of anything more wastefull and destroying than smoking

Originally posted by FabulousFashion@May 28th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
Get off your high horse because I don't care what you think of me.

Originally posted by gem+May 28th, 2004 - 6:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gem @ May 28th, 2004 - 6:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FabulousFashion@May 28th, 2004 - 4:37 pm
Get off your high horse because I don't care what you think of me. [/b][/quote]
right on gem. I believe everyone has a right to do what they want with their own bodies.

Originally posted by Acid@May 28th, 2004 - 5:26 pm
oh come on thats a rediculous excuse!

you had to try the stuff to get addicted to it.....
i cant think of anything more wastefull and destroying than smoking
and that is a rediculous claim. Care to elaborate?

Secondly, for the people who worry about second hand smoke. I recomend you tell the world to stop burning fossil fuel, making fast food, wasting gas, making unneccessary pills, burning forrests, tearing down forrests and jungles then you can talk to me about my second hand smoke.

Seriously read some books about the effects of globalization and war. Pick up a Chomsky book and learn about what is harming you and try to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->