Your organic style

What kind of organic shampoo do you have/like?
I love the brand Organix. It leaves your hair super shiny and the smell is so pure and long lasting. I use the Shea Butter - it's a blend of with yogurt proteins, avocado oils and shea butter.

the pomegranate green tea also smells very good. they all contain different ingredients.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have similar curtains in my bedroom made of rectangles of felted ivory wool sweaters in all kinds of different patterns. They're fun to look at ...

Thanks for extracting the picture! The curtains sound beautiful, did you make them yourself and do you have a picture?

crispina.com

Thanks for extracting the picture! The curtains sound beautiful, did you make them yourself and do you have a picture?

I got them from Crispina. Similar to this (love this btw!:(

Attachments

• flag.png
    flag.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
Wow! I am on her website right now...:ninja: There are some really gorgeous things! I am becoming obsesed with recycled stuff now. There are so many things on etsy I am watching!

goantiques.com

I broke out my '50s Skotch cooler this past weekend--it's picnic season :wink:

^ lol, I have that exact same cooler and I use it all the time to store my ramen noodles! :blush:

I love C&C California's line of organic cotton tee's!

^ :lol: I have also used it as a makeshift end table/magazine holder ... but it still fulfills its original purpose quite well, and I find it festive & much more attractive than the plastic coolers on offer ^_^ At the antique mall closest to me, one of the dealers has a Skotch portable BBQ thingie that I've been eyeing ... I need to take a closer look. It's a bit different, black plaid ...

Great thread, ta-ta, and so many lovely ideas. :flower:

I'm working on getting better at this, but so far, :blush:

--I am also a fan of Meyers, especially the geranium scent, and use their products whenever possible.
--I clean surfaces first with soap and water and use a minimum of chemical products, only when necessary.
--I carry my own water bottle to avoid buying bottled stuff.
--I use cloth bags for shopping.
--I only buy seasonal produce, and I buy local whenever I have the opportunity.
--Ayurvedic and natural skincare remedies are really the best for me...I started using them when I lived in India a few years ago and have never really gone back. :P

oh i

buy jewelry from claires that has peace
signs on them and i have 2 bracelets that are 99% recycled
ANNNND i have one ot those paper/plastec/ NEITHER bags for wal mart

=]

vivaterra.com is having a private sale, 30% off, including off their bamboo towels ... if you'd like the code, just leave me a profile comment ...

i'm vegan
i eat mostly organic and buy locally sourced whenever possible, and grow in my own garden many of staple items
i recycle/compost everything that i can
i always take reusable bags for my items when i go shopping
i always take my own mug if i'm getting a latte somewhere
the vast majority of my traveling is done via public transportation
i only use all natural/organic makeup and beauty supplies
i only use chemical-free, biodegradable cleaning supplies
all my sheets, towels, etc, as well as my mattress and pillows are organic
i support "eco-designers" and lately when looking for new clothes/shoes/accessories buy from them whenever possible
all my dogs and cats were rescues (and i volunteer at the local shelter!)
the cats and dogs eat organic too!
i let my clothes air-dry
i literally plan to devote my career to the "green" fashion movement
<3 our gorgeous planet! :smile:

i make sure i recycle whatever is in use, and have vintage furniture.
also, now that organic fashion is more environmentally concious and common it is easy to buy organic clothes at chain stores such as h&m.

I love the brand Organix. It leaves your hair super shiny and the smell is so pure and long lasting. I use the Shea Butter - it's a blend of with yogurt proteins, avocado oils and shea butter.

Just thought you might want to know...That line is actually not so natural and organic. It has silicones, synthetic fragrance, & DMDM hydantoin.

- I make my own cosmetcics from my own natural stocks (herbs, oils, flowers...), I buy cosmetics very rarely, than they're from L'Occitane.
- I'm trying with composting the kitchen's rest.
- Always using public transport, even don't have a driving licence. Go on foot, or bike, and that's my fitness class!
- I just try to live a bit like my granny did in her time. And it's not a sacrifice, I like it.
And so on...

adin.be

^ I'm impressed ...

This is one of my favorite sources for antique jewelry ... Adin in Antwerp. They have sent Belgian chocolates with all of my orders :heart:

Great thread!

My diet is local: local, grass fed meats, organic produce and local goods.

I try to buy household goods and clothes locally. There is lot of boutiques in my area that I love to support.

I use reusable shopping bags at the grocery stores and farmers markets and would like a cute, large tote for clothing and shoes.

I cut down on plastic and anything I have to throw away.

I line dry all of my laundry. In the winter, I still hang all clothes indoors.

I made a resolution to only buy thrift for clothes, unless I really need to buy something new now. If it’s new, it has to be organic like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc.

I just brought this organic cotton skirt

I like this thread. I am not really enviromentally friendly, but I try.

Does anyone have experience making their own shampoo and conditioner? I've decided that I really want to use something more natural and had a good experience with a 50% organic shampoo and conditioner that for a time I was able to buy for a cheaper price than the regular, but there aren't any cheaper brands that are less than 6 dollars. The cheapest are all the kind I'm trying to get away from. The only conditioners I found information for are food based and wouldn't be useful for more than a week at a time or even less. I'm probably going to spend money on at least the after washing product I use for my hair but I was considering this option for the shampoo at least especially since I can reuse the container too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->