Your organic style

My big thing is laundry. It's incredibly polluting - and it uses extreme amounts of water and electricity. I don't wash my clothes very often - tops after 4-5 days of wear, jeans and skirts never, tank tops after 2-3 days of wear...if there isn't any spots on them, I just hang my clothes out to dry. Of course underwear is a different story :P

You can get detergent that requires only 30 degrees Celsius to clean the clothes very thoroughly...it's the equivalent of regular detergent @ 60 degrees Celsius, and it saves a lot of energy. Love it! Unfortunately it makes me itch like crazy.

I bike everywhere. It's good for me, and it's free :woot: I bike 80+ km a week, depending on the weather...I need to not bike in cold weather, damn pneumonia gets me every time no matter how well I dress :doh:

I never buy plastic bags at the grocery store, I bring my own. I don't have a stationary computer - uses too much electricity. I only use low energy light bulbs, my fridge is also low energy, I set my TV on energy saving mode...I even do that with my cell phone :lol: But I'm incredibly aware of what we are doing to our planet, and it makes me feel awful.

emsheart

Found an antique sheet ... now for some pillowcases :innocent:

Attachments

• sheet1.jpg
    sheet1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 0
  • sheet4.jpg
    sheet4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
I use to make my own shampoos. It depends on your hair typea nd color. I have brown normal -dry hair, so I wash it with 50% nettle and 50% walnut tree level tea. it makes your hair super shiny and rich! It couldn't be more simple...
this is really interesting :o

i've looked at some in the health store. they have very simple ingredients
mostly different kinds of oil.

yes, oils can make miracles with hair. Sometimes I use some herbal oils, mix it with an egg, leave it in my hair for an hour. One of my friends brings me form Serbia these oils in small bottles, (but those are enough for a year) and it is ridicoulosly cheap, about 1 euro.

what was the nettle you wrote about earlier? is it a tea made from the plant?

how long do your concoctions last usually? since maybe there are no preservatives.
i'd love to make some too :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arent fantastic the prolific attention organic cotton tops are getting at regular shops now?:rolleyes::D
I got one from zara the other day...

I really crave for this organic one...
328.jpg

Organic Tofu Never Screams Womens T-Shirt
petacatalog.com

I have a habit of recycling whatever I can. I reuse plastic jars and containers to keep my makeup brushes and other random things... I always use one of those shopping totes and say no to the plastic shopping bag. You have to pay for those anyway. I don't wash my clothes too often because I barely ever sweat :ninja: Can't think of anything else!

^ I used to take my own bags to the grocery store, and then I got a puppy :innocent: So now I take the plastic bags and reuse them, and also buy additional biodegradeable ones.

When I have them, I use dry cleaning bags as trash bags ... I just tie a knot in the hanger end. But now that I've been working from home, I've actually run through my entire supply of them, so I just bought Seventh Generation trash bags (which have recycled content) for the first time in a long time.

^I use recycled trash bags as well :D And recycled paper for my printer too. Me and BF are taking this waayyy to seriously. We switched to 100% windmill power, we've even stopped taking the bus as much as we used to (in spite of the steep hills...ugh), we never buy plastic bags, we only use low energy light bulbs, we recycle all our bottles and all paper, we never throw out food/buy more than we need, we put on more clothes and light some candles instead of turning up the heat...the list goes on :lol:

^ Impossible to take it too seriously, I think :wink: Good for you :heart:

I've already mentioned Origins' recycling program here, right? I just think it's the best thing ever!!! Last time I took my recycling they gave me a sample for doing so, and I wanted to say, No, thank you!!!

^Oh, what's that program about?

The funny thing is that even if we don't use any electricity that produces CO2 at all...we still have to pay CO2 taxes. Yes, we do that in Denmark. Stupid *ss government. You should get a reward for using only windmill power, not a punishment?

^ You can take in any beauty packaging to any Origins store to be recycled. (You can do that at Aveda, except it's their packaging only.) They recycle everything that can be, and then they use the rest to generate power. They have a big container when you walk in where you can see what others have brought, and people were bringing in their antiperspirant containers, so I do too :P It completely galls me whenever I have a container or anything I can't recycle, so this program fixes most of that (except for lids of things I can't claim are beauty products :lol:).

^Nice! I wonder if they have that in DK too? Must check tomorrow!

^The Body Shop has this program too! They give you a discount of about 50c (US) for every body shop container you have, and a 25c for a non-body shop one. I have like 5 empty body shop products waiting to be recycled... I'll go recycle them today :lol:

Oh and Kiehls has this program too. Except I think they only allow you to recycle their products... -_-

^ Wow, I didn't know that. Does the Body Shop do that in the US? I tried to find it on their website ...

Of course nothing is better than back to MAC, but that doesn't help when it's not their product/packaging ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->