Your Smile

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
What does your smile do for how you look/feel?

Does your top lip disappear when you smile?
Do all of your teeth show?
Do you have a gap?
Do you smirk instead of showing any teeth?
How is the tooth to gum ratio? :lol:
Do you have any dimples?

I have an unnatural smile personally.

When I smile, a second chin appears. :rofl: Don't ask me why! I don't show a lot of teeth when I smile for pictures. No matter how big the grin, not enough teeth show. But it's ok... I'm still cute. :D

My mother actually said the smartest thing the other day.

I saw a photo of Keira Knightley with a HUGE grin on her face.

I said, "Ma, not enough of my teeth show for a smile like this. I want to smile like her!"

She said, "It's not what your smile looks like. It's how your smile makes you feel while you're doing it."

:wub: Love you, Ma.

What a cute, thread. :D

I usually love to smile and laugh. Everyone has said they love my smile, that it's contagious and I think that is one of the best compliments I have heard. :blush: I am usually self conscience of it in photographs but everyone is their worst critic.

Both my top and bottom teeth show when I smile ... until I was a teenager, I didn't realize most people only show the tops.

My left side rises first and goes higher than the right.

I have beautiful, strong mega-white teeth ... no veneers / all-natural.

I had to wear a metal retainer when I was a little girl ... my bubble gum would get stuck on it.

One of my bottom front teeth is crooked. It's my only wonky tooth. I think it's cute. :D

Cute thread!! :flower:

I'm not sure I really know what it looks like. I usually end up fake smiling in pictures because there's nothing to make me really smile so it just ends up being a fake one. I wish I was able to really smile in pictures because it looks better on the rare occasion I have a real smile in the picture. All I know is I've been told I have a nice smile, but I can't actually see it myself.
I have the typically desired perfectly straight teeth, but it wouldn't bug me if I had a bit of a gap in my 2 front upper teeth. I don't really like the overly perfect cookie cutter teeth Hollywood actors have anyway. Imperfections make things more interesting and add character.
I have one dimple on my right cheek only. I use to have one on each cheek but for some reason the left one disappeared and I was only left with the right one.

I usually smirk
I wish I had dimples they are nice ^_^

I don't really smile, so I wouldn't know. My teeth aren't in the best of shape (they're clean, but I have a slight overbite and all that jazz), so I reckon it's not a pleasant sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have straight teeth (thanks to two long years with braces). But I hate how when I smile my top teeth only show, not the bottom set. And also I don't like my face gets wider as I smile as well (ahha I am seriously my own worst critic). So most of the time I smirk.

Lol i have big lips, so theyre there no matter they make showing teeth impossible, whats a gap, slightly between my two front teeth but i NEVER show teeth in photos i never smile or even smirk or show any human emotion when i smile i do have dimples but its very rare my friend recently took a photo of me smiling it was bizarre it was like looking at a new part of my body i never knew existed, anyway my smile with teeth is horrible! so ppl chastise me for posing and not looking natural allot, i do smirk lol i wish i had teeth that extruded a bit!

Even though my teeth are straight and fairly white I think a huge smile on me looks bad. This is because it makes my face look fat (makes it wider, makes creases either side of my chin and sometimes underneath as if I have a double chin), it makes my nose look too wide and makes my eyes look tiny (which only serves to make my face look even more enormous). A small smile still showing some of my teeth looks all right. I feel good when I smile, but I often feel embarrassed when I see myself smiling in a picture and it is one of those big grins I described.

It gets thinner at the edges, but thicker in the middle.

Only my top teeth.

Do you have a gap?
No.

I thought a smirk was when you were feeling smug and cocky and smiled with only one side of your mouth? I do sometimes smile without showing any teeth because I feel too big of a grin makes me look goofy.

No gums showing when I smile. Not because I have big teeth, but I do have a small mouth.

Do you have any dimples?
No, but my brother does. On both sides. I like how dimples look. ^_^

I don't really smile fully - a big smile on me turns my cheeks into these little apple shapes and they seem to disappear into my eye/lids :lol: I don't like my teeth (they're slightly crooked and I think stained, sigh) so I don't smile with them. I have dimples on both sides of my cheeks and a slight gap in between my two front teeth. My top lip disappears a bit.

^ Aw. Dimples are so cute. :D I wish I had them more prominently. I have a one but you can barely see it on my left side.

My cheeks get gigantic when I smile. People even comment about it... "It's funny that your face is so narrow when you're not smiling, and then it's totally fat when you do smile" :rofl:

Do you have a gap?
Do you have any dimples?

:blush: papa...such a cute thread topic...like i would ever expect anything less from you :D :heart:

generally speaking (i get this from my dad) i smile a lot!!! when it's natural, like i'm reacting to what someone said...or the way the girl looks at me...it is a wide, open mouth, bear the teeth, lips covering the gums moment. and i do have dimples on both sides. of course it should also be said that a lot of times i smile like this, and i'm about to, or am laughing as well! and no, my smile does not have a gap :wink:

now here's the other thing...i do have different types of smiles. that was the me letting it all hang out smile. in professional circles, it is the forced, tight lipped, show some tooth smile, but i'm trying to let my body language do the speaking for me...don't know if that makes sense...:innocent:

for photos/videos - closed mouth ALWAYS. frankly, i'm afraid that there's something in my teeth and the photo/video will show up on myspace and youtube later that hour. that, and in my cutthroat work environment, most people have NEVER seen me really smile (maybe because i'm not happy at work...:o:innocent:)...i think that would seriously change their perception of me...that i am human too :lol:

Nope
They used to, but I've stopped smiling so hard so not anymore
Do you have a gap?
Nope
No
How is the tooth to gum ratio?
Gums aren't really shown
Do you have any dimples?
Yes

I also have a weird lopsided smile.

I have braces on now so I don't really like to smile much. They seriously make me look like I'm 12, which kind of helps when trying to get discounts...
But I'm getting them off soon so I can't wait!

I had an overbite but that's the main thing that got fixed with my braces as well as soom crooked teeth.

No.

No.

Do you have a gap?
Yes :(

I don't really smirk, I just smile with a closed mouth.

My gums don't show much.

Do you have any dimples?
Nope.

No
Umm, not sure!
Do you have a gap?
No
No
You can't see my gums at all.
Do you have any dimples?
No

I had braces, so now my teeth are straight (they used to be really crooked). 3 of my teeth are chipped (it sounds awful, but you can't really tell!). I don't mind it, I think it's a bit more unique than having a generic "toothpaste ad" smile.

i think i smile very easily like if im just a little amused i tend to smile..i dont think i hide a lot of emotions with my face in general. i dont think i was a smiley kid but when i did people told me they liked my smile so its something i had to get used to doing more and more. out of my sisters, im the only one with straight teeth so i never needed braces :D yae! i almost always smile in pictures, it took a while to 'perfect' but i think ive got a natural smile down. how did i perfect it? dont think about it! just be in the moment!

my top lip does get a little thinner(naturally of course haha) but it doesnt disappear. depends on camera angles as well, if im shot from above then it looks much much thinner *scrunches face* which i dont like.

only my top teeth show

Do you have a gap?
i used to have a gap when i was very young but it closed up nicely, i forgot that i even had one! i think thats probably why i didnt like to smile much as a kid.

i dont like 'smirks' so i guess no. sometimes i do smile without teeth, usually if i pass by someone and make eye contact.

its good! they dont show even if i smile really big. but omg i was just making fun of someone today.. my sister asked if i knew this girl named Kelli..i was like "the one with the gums?!" then i tried to smile really big to show off my gums, i think she got the point haha

Do you have any dimples?
nope. although in the past, when i used to smile w/o teeth..someone said i had cute dimples but i dont think they are dimples, its just a lil wannabe dimple thing that a lot of people get when they dont smile with teeth..

i love smiles! im more attracted to smiley people..especially smiley guys, a great smile can make me melt. guys who dont smile much really creep me out. ive met some guys who are funny but never smile or laugh. they will say something that makes me laugh..so i laugh then i stop when i realize their face hasnt changed. creeeppyyyy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->