Yves Saint Laurent Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

Those cropped wide-leg culotte things? Is he serious? I have a hard time picturing Stefano himself wearing those, so why on Earth would he suggest that anyone else should.
i'd love to wear it. seriously, what i loved about this show is that having pretty short line-up (23 looks) Pilati managed to propose few bold looks for different YSL customers: something of a misinterpreted here 'grungy' look for young, evening clothes for a more mature man and a daywear, valid for both. what is important, these clothes felt contemporary and not in this 'let's speak of crisis' degraded mentality. these were austere and tough, but there was something of an evolution here. it's not about 'dark suits for dark times' repetition shown on most of the catwalks. and this look worn by Clement is totally amazing. over-styling? okay, i'm going to try to handle it.
00140m.jpg

style.com

am i the only one who doesn't think this looks like hedi? i don't see it. just a youthful collection with YSL/pilati aesthetics. i don't love everything but there are some strong looks.

love these-
00070m.jpg
00130m.jpg

this jacket-
00190m.jpg

00210m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00230m.jpg

*men.style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness some images are up....I really dread having to sit through pretentious "art" film shorts simply to oggle at clothes. Too much Heidi and not enough of that *really cool dude*, you know, the ORIGINAL Yves St Laurent.

Can't say I'm into much of it myself, save a few of the jackets and the leather trousers.

There are a few individual pieces I really, really like, but I wouldn't say I love the collection overall.

I have to agree with J'adorekapusta on the pants. They're feeling exactly 'right' for the times. I know Pilati was inspired by hip-hop for this collection, but I luckily don't see any of that. I'm seeing a more 'rebel' mood.

My favorite exits were the first two in post 26, one with that great coat with the maroon lining and the other with the grey blazer and the black and white cuffs. And I also must confess that this collection was the only thing I could think about all day!

As for the Slimane referencing, I think we were all just talking about the first look, which was the only photo at that point. That outfit was very Hedi, in my eyes. (DH FW07/08) But I don't know that many would argue the rest of the collection is too Slimanesque.

Wow the first photo on this thread was misleading. This collection is neither sleek nor sexy. Some pieces are nice but on the whole I don't really like it. And YSL is usually one of my favorites for the mens shows

love the pants and the coats.. really like it a lot. im glad it was not some video again :smile:

i love it

YSL does skate short/pants
and still manages to squeeze in the silhouette jacket
and a pair of shoes which could be worn to operate a jet ski

!

please do not quote images. thank you.

style.com

This is my favourite piece from the collection. The length of the garmet along with the colouring and fit are very compelling. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->