Alexander McQueen S/S 2007 Paris

that's just what i was wondering....these are amazing photos, i want to see from different angles.

you know when a collection is good when you start tearing up a little bit...
now I have died and gone to heaven.:wub:

God save McQueen :wink:...

So beautiful. I agree this has a 'couture' sensibility -but a large part of that is, I think, that McQueen seems to be following his own vision, rather than thinking about following or setting trends. And that's wonderful. Beautiful clothes transcend 'seasons'.

Pastry said:

I feel the exact same way. :wub:

I didn't dare get my hopes up because I didn't think he could possibly make anything as lovely as the fall collection again, but wow, I am breathless right now. Definitely beyond rational thought. Seriously, I'm trying to come up with something specific to comment on and all I'm coming up with is WOW. The clear favourite of mine of all the spring collections.

Why doesn't he just design couture? It is clearly his destiny. I prefer this to the fall collection... simply beautiful.

uberwench said:
God save McQueen :wink:...

uhm, mcqueen save fashion week/s (all of ny, london, milan and even some of paris ). :wink: brilliant as always! superb theatrics with couture touches and practical sensibility. the proportions don't look awkward albeit dramatic. and the details, where do i start? fantastic! :heart: very romantic yet edgy, old world yet modern.

WONDERFUL! JUST WONDERFUL!

McQueen saved me! i was getting so upset with the paris collections, and then, voila. :heart: oh i love him.

Browneyes said:
^ Is there a six-pack on that dress - in post #62? Such a delicate dress and yet I seem to see a sixpack... :huh: but i still think it's a beautiful dress, the pattern on the fabric is lovely.

The models' styling is soo perfect! :heart:
there is a six-pack. :o :heart:
capt.sge.upx51.061006225414.photo00.photo.default-335x512.jpg

Pastry said:
bouncing on pink clouds here.

Pick me up off the floor! This is taking beauty to a whole new level... a whole new dimension. A dream of exquisiteness. Quite deservingly the most rapturous collection this season. :heart:

Beautiful, just beautiful. Very atypical McQueen though. Does anyone else see echoes of vintage Galliano at Dior?

And, as softgrey said, it does look very couture. Still, it's beautiful and I can't wait to see the whole collection.

Woah! I love this collection, very romantic and baroque. Just wondering, are the musicians really performing?

The dress in the very first post is wonderful. Delicate and beautiful and creepy, all at the same time. It kind of looks like a funeral shroud, despite being very pretty.

Spike413 said:
Very atypical McQueen though.

i don't know...
i see lots of mcqueen signatures here..
-exquisite muted palette or mint green, plethora of pinks, peach...
-moulded garments
-puffball shapes
-tulle overlays
-fine ruffles
-rich beading
etc..^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll